***Treble Winners v Everton Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Everton Official Match Thread***

Postby s1ty m » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:15 pm

Check out the free kick given for touching Gueye with a feather duster. Bloke pirouetted like a good 'un, ref instablows. Incompetent? Is it fuck. Absolutely crooked.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby s1ty m » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:23 pm

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Dyche complaining that we put 5 subs on, an ugly man with an ugly mind.

Dyche is the sort of man to complain about finding a tenner in the pocket of a coat you haven’t worn for a while

A bellend. And the sort who Talksport have probably got lined up to replace Simon Jordan when he self combusts when we are found not guilty of the million charges he keeps banging on about

Simon Jordan. There isn't a bat big enough that is worthy of smashing him around a room. I'd like to beat him with my shoe, on his front lawn with the neighbours looking on, until we both cried. A horrible self-centred shit turd who plays the faux intellectual on a show aimed at window-licking morons. Of course it makes him look big, the consummate gobshite, a collosus in his own world where his love for himself is very much the real fucking deal. Uses his stock phrases like 'landscape' and 'narrative' like it means something, and has a value based on being words being longer than 5 letters. Utter cunt. Grade 1. Aided and abetted by that Scottish swivel-eyed wanker twunt. The worst of tabloid television, the utter arse dregs, in fact. Oh, they also engage Keown, an actual ape.
s1ty m

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:28 pm

s1ty m wrote:Simon Jordan. There isn't a bat big enough that is worthy of smashing him around a room. I'd like to beat him with my shoe, on his front lawn with the neighbours looking on, until we both cried. A horrible self-centred shit turd who plays the faux intellectual on a show aimed at window-licking morons. Of course it makes him look big, the consummate gobshite, a collosus in his own world where his love for himself is very much the real fucking deal. Uses his stock phrases like 'landscape' and 'narrative' like it means something, and has a value based on being words being longer than 5 letters. Utter cunt. Grade 1. Aided and abetted by that Scottish swivel-eyed wanker twunt. The worst of tabloid television, the utter arse dregs, in fact. Oh, they also engage Keown, an actual ape.

Superb.

A rant of the absolute highest quality and I agree wholeheartedly with every syllable. I would be up for swapping with you so you can have a bit of a rest and come back refreshed to administer further beatings.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:37 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
s1ty m wrote:Simon Jordan. There isn't a bat big enough that is worthy of smashing him around a room. I'd like to beat him with my shoe, on his front lawn with the neighbours looking on, until we both cried. A horrible self-centred shit turd who plays the faux intellectual on a show aimed at window-licking morons. Of course it makes him look big, the consummate gobshite, a collosus in his own world where his love for himself is very much the real fucking deal. Uses his stock phrases like 'landscape' and 'narrative' like it means something, and has a value based on being words being longer than 5 letters. Utter cunt. Grade 1. Aided and abetted by that Scottish swivel-eyed wanker twunt. The worst of tabloid television, the utter arse dregs, in fact. Oh, they also engage Keown, an actual ape.

Superb.

A rant of the absolute highest quality and I agree wholeheartedly with every syllable. I would be up for swapping with you so you can have a bit of a rest and come back refreshed to administer further beatings.

Wasn't Martin Keown that "in yer face" Actor in the film version of the Umberto Eco book " The name of the Rose " with Sean wiggy Connery ? Simon Jorden ? is he the right tit of Katie Price ? all plastic, thick and sloppy .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:51 pm

All beautifully observed
zuricity wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Superb.

Wasn't Martin Keown that "in yer face" Actor in the film version of the Umberto Eco book " The name of the Rose " with Sean wiggy Connery ? Simon Jorden ? is he the right tit of Katie Price ? all plastic, thick and sloppy .
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:52 pm

I realise we are all happy with the three points, but, that starting eleven was ridiculous. Pep removes all creativity, and, moved Foden out wide right when all the country could see against Brentford he is at his most productive in the centre. Okay, he changed it before it was to late, but it is evidence of an overthought brain fart, similar to the CL fuck up. We all know he is the best, so why the fuck ups? It’s a fucking mystery. I don’t think there are many who would agree with today’s team selection even the most blue tinted specs could see the indefensible.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:30 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:I realise we are all happy with the three points, but, that starting eleven was ridiculous. Pep removes all creativity, and, moved Foden out wide right when all the country could see against Brentford he is at his most productive in the centre. Okay, he changed it before it was to late, but it is evidence of an overthought brain fart, similar to the CL fuck up. We all know he is the best, so why the fuck ups? It’s a fucking mystery. I don’t think there are many who would agree with today’s team selection even the most blue tinted specs could see the indefensible.

I'm surprised OD hasnt been on to tell us what a Genius the manager was to make those subs :lol:

Jokes apart , how he could fuck around with Foden AGAIN to accommodate his SHIT house signing is beyond comprehension - I'm getting truly fucked off with him treating Foden like a fucking mop.

His best position is central you stubborn twat !!.....accept it ffs!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:45 am

Even though I agree our starting lineup wasn’t what I would want, I’d argue Pep was just trying to keep Kev fresh and overcooked it to get there.

Doku, Haaland, Alvarez and Foden I expected us to be more attack minded but the changes at FB and Nunez in there blunted it a bit. It’s a shame on Nunez as he was good last time out and back to poor again today.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:12 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Even though I agree our starting lineup wasn’t what I would want, I’d argue Pep was just trying to keep Kev fresh and overcooked it to get there.

Doku, Haaland, Alvarez and Foden I expected us to be more attack minded but the changes at FB and Nunez in there blunted it a bit. It’s a shame on Nunez as he was good last time out and back to poor again today.

On the KDB part you are probably right but the other changes were just uncalled for...Akanji was fucking abysmal today (hes been shite all season and I wasn't even bothered that he was out inured and I doubt any other fan gave a shit either ) Nunes was a joke and moving Foden just to accommodate him !!!??? laughable.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:44 am

I have been thinking about this for a while and I think there are a few simple things going on here.

1. Pep wants to give as many players as much playing time as he possibly can because he knows he needs them all. He probably likes them a ll as lads as well. At the same time he realises this will inevitably lower the standard slightly.

2. He refuses to flog certain key elements of his team to death, knowing that they will then be relatively fresh come March, April, May time.

3. I think he tries to reduce the match to 45 minutes. By totally neutralising the opposition in the first half, he makes it so that the "proper team" he actually wants to put out only have to play the second half. and sometimes not even all of that. This helps him achieve number 1. It is also the only reason I can see for the gulf in performance levels between the first half of games and the second. I'd love to ask him about it because I genuinely think we are deliberately playing well within ourselves for the first half of most matches.

I am probably overthinking it a bit, though.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:44 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Even though I agree our starting lineup wasn’t what I would want, I’d argue Pep was just trying to keep Kev fresh and overcooked it to get there.

On the KDB part you are probably right but the other changes were just uncalled for...Akanji was fucking abysmal today (hes been shite all season and I wasn't even bothered that he was out inured and I doubt any other fan gave a shit either ) Nunes was a joke and moving Foden just to accommodate him !!!??? laughable.

Akanji was awful you are correct.

I think Pep’s insistence on playing Alvarez every game is stopping Foden playing centrally and that’s my big bear right now. Alvarez is fine, but he’s not a play every game player yet for me. Too inconsistent.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby city72 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:07 am

Just watched the highlights the kick on ederson deliberate the play had finished. Nunes pure bottle job 1 on 1 with short arms
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby salford city » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:25 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:I have been thinking about this for a while and I think there are a few simple things going on here.

1. Pep wants to give as many players as much playing time as he possibly can because he knows he needs them all. He probably likes them a ll as lads as well. At the same time he realises this will inevitably lower the standard slightly.

2. He refuses to flog certain key elements of his team to death, knowing that they will then be relatively fresh come March, April, May time.

3. I think he tries to reduce the match to 45 minutes. By totally neutralising the opposition in the first half, he makes it so that the "proper team" he actually wants to put out only have to play the second half. and sometimes not even all of that. This helps him achieve number 1. It is also the only reason I can see for the gulf in performance levels between the first half of games and the second. I'd love to ask him about it because I genuinely think we are deliberately playing well within ourselves for the first half of most matches.

That's my take as well. I'd counter it wirh put the best team out first half though. I can see the merits of ramping it up 2nd half against tired opposition. That first half team had me at the bar at 35mins yesterday soi there was an upside to it. You've tried it now Pep - leave it the fuck alone mate. PS under no circumstances do you move Foden to accommodate anyone
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby s1ty m » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:30 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:I have been thinking about this for a while and I think there are a few simple things going on here.

Agreed. I think you have hit the nail on the head, firmly.
s1ty m

Postby PeterParker » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:33 am

I swear what does my head in is that thing Dyche does.
We usually attack on the second half on the left, but every time that cunt's teams win the coin toss, he is telling his players to chose the opposite. Seen it in Burnley every single time he won the toss.
Absolute neanderthal tactic.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:07 am

PeterParker wrote:I swear what does my head in is that thing Dyche does.
We usually attack on the second half on the left, but every time that cunt's teams win the coin toss, he is telling his players to chose the opposite. Seen it in Burnley every single time he won the toss.
Absolute neanderthal tactic.

Totally understandable if it upsets the normal game process of your opponents. If you are less skilled than your opponent then you take advantage anywhere you can find it. I'd do the exact same if I was an opposing team at the Etihad.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby salford city » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:19 am

zuricity wrote:
salford city wrote:Never minded everton even when they were bricking the trains back in the day. Expect to see another fly-over for the cameras and their protests ramped up. We are starting to click and with the game on tuesday, I can see Pep having a tinker. Taking my youngest whose 5 for his second scousers at home game this season and looking forward to this as ive had to miss the last couple of home games

Enjoy the game SC with the young un.

A minor issue with your post. It might well be both scouse teams are down the queue in the Class stakes, but Everton are scouse 1, LFC with always be number 2 , Scouse2.
I can , however, understand why you mixed them up , classwise there really is little difference.

Zuri no mix - up, second scousers at home was my attempt at second time this season that he seen us play a scouse team at home. I do have no issue with your labelling though. It's a good laugh reading the match thread after the game
salford city

Postby salford city » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:59 am

Nick wrote:Can't wait for Copenhagen. Teddy bears (A) - assuming that's a beer

You going ? I'm booked on the day trip
salford city

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:14 am

city72 wrote:Just watched the highlights the kick on ederson deliberate the play had finished. Nunes pure bottle job 1 on 1 with short arms

No surprise - whitewashed on MOTD despite showing the second face kick twice. "Ake got in the way - ball still there to be won" apparently. Perfectly entitled to jump in two footed and then kick Eddy in the face
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Outcast » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:47 am

I agree the sentiment of resting your best players to keep them fresh, it's a marathon after all. However, why play the likes of Foden, Josko, Alverez out of their best positions then expect them to deliver? Its like playing KDB at right back and Haaland at centre back then expect them to deliver!
It still haunts me we've spent a fortune on Nunes and Phillips, their combined fee could have landed Wirtz. The sort player we lacked yesterday when KDB was rested.

He's obsession to play Akanji is just amusing, brings nothing to the fold, him and Nunes must be at the same camp dance class. Little David Silva had bigger balls than these two put together.

Two below average players keeping homegrown talent like Lewis and Bob out, it's a little disheartening.

I still trust Pep 100% to lead us, just some of his decisions are strange
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum