***Treble Winners v Everton Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Everton Official Match Thread***

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:32 pm

Weird that the video of Ederson getting booted keeps getting pulled, but it looks like it was filmed from someone’s phone watching TV so shouldn’t be an issue with it. And it’s on none of the highlights I’ve seen on the main channels. Almost as if they want to bury it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:41 pm

Mase wrote:Weird that the video of Ederson getting booted keeps getting pulled, but it looks like it was filmed from someone’s phone watching TV so shouldn’t be an issue with it. And it’s on none of the highlights I’ve seen on the main channels. Almost as if they want to bury it.

Funnily motd showed vinny getting his yellow card but not klopp. It all needs to fit the agenda so you wont see it again…
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:07 pm

Mase wrote:Weird that the video of Ederson getting booted keeps getting pulled, but it looks like it was filmed from someone’s phone watching TV so shouldn’t be an issue with it. And it’s on none of the highlights I’ve seen on the main channels. Almost as if they want to bury it.

It was shown AFTER Ed was fixed up , just as play started. I commented on it in the thread- in slow mo, but there to see. Well, on the stream i had. It should be available in replay of the game too.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:49 pm

zuricity wrote:

It was shown AFTER Ed was fixed up , just as play started. I commented on it in the thread- in slow mo, but there to see. Well, on the stream i had. It should be available in replay of the game too.

I think I've missed something here, when did Eddie get booted and by whom? The video obvs got pulled so not seen it.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:50 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
zuricity wrote:

I think I've missed something here, when did Eddie get booted and by whom? The video obvs got pulled so not seen it.

Will send on FB mate as the Prem keep cutting it from Twitter
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:41 pm

Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Cheers again mate, how is the club not reporting this to the league? Hard to see from footage, do we know the players name??? This seriously needs outing.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:53 pm

Outcast wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Outcast wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Outcast wrote:I agree the sentiment of resting your best players to keep them fresh, it's a marathon after all. However, why play the likes of Foden, Josko, Alverez out of their best positions then expect them to deliver? Its like playing KDB at right back and Haaland at centre back then expect them to deliver!
It still haunts me we've spent a fortune on Nunes and Phillips, their combined fee could have landed Wirtz. The sort player we lacked yesterday when KDB was rested.

He's obsession to play Akanji is just amusing, brings nothing to the fold, him and Nunes must be at the same camp dance class. Little David Silva had bigger balls than these two put together.

Two below average players keeping homegrown talent like Lewis and Bob out, it's a little disheartening.

I still trust Pep 100% to lead us, just some of his decisions are strange

Wirtz was an 18 yr old out for a year with an ACL tear who had just signed a new contract to 2026 when we bought Phillips and last summer said he would stay with Leverkusen until after the Euros. Nunes was a late replacement for Paqueta and although not looking too good atm does have some proven positives. Lewis & Bobb are very unlikely to stay with us, just not at the right level for City now.

Lewis and Bob are better players than Akanji and Nunes, they're young and are improving.

So what you are saying, if we can't sign class, we'll settle for seconds? What was our moto again, if we can't sign our number one targets, we walk away? I think Nunes was a last minute ditch signing.

As for Wirtz, money talks, make an offer they can't refuse or wait when he becomes available rather than buying gap fillers. We'll have to think about replacing KDB at some point, I hope we ain't going for Paqueta.
Akanji has been a key player for us since he joined, a fantastic buy. Lewis & Bobb are not comparable to him, hope they get the opportunity to prove me wrong. (Paqueta looks like a done deal btw- that should cheer you up ;) )

Who do you think Akanji should displace in the starting 11?
He's played very effectively as cover across the back 4, less so when asked to step into midfield. His pace and power have been needed on many occasions when Ake & Stones were crocked & he indisputably helped us win the treble but on their current form wouldn't be in ahead of Stones, Dias or Walker if I were picking the team.
Last edited by johnny crossan on Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:55 pm

godfrey's had quite the week....
this was monday
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... n-32038714
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:10 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Cheers again mate, how is the club not reporting this to the league? Hard to see from footage, do we know the players name??? This seriously needs outing.

Posted exactly this a page back. It’s actually a blatant assault that if done in the outside world could easily result in criminal charges

I doubt it will even be mentioned on ref-watch on Sky tomorrow
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:25 am

Although they're trying desperately to bury it, someone else has posted it. I've actually done a copy now.

[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:14 pm

Disgusting. He literally looks up at Ederson before the left boot comes out.

We need to push this, come on City!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:30 pm

patrickblue wrote:Although they're trying desperately to bury it, someone else has posted it. I've actually done a copy now.

'Godfrey on Ederson not a red card'
Former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher:
"I'm not sure Ben Godfrey goes to kick Ederson. He's hunting for the ball. The goalkeeper has done particularly well because he hasn't made a big fuss about it. It's well dealt with by the referee."

Ref watch from Dermot Gallagher

Nothing to see here it seems
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:47 pm

Hunt for the ball?!! The ball is on him when he kicks out.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:35 pm

Clearly he wasnt going for the ball, the ball was no where near his left foot. Its a kick out at Ederson. Wonder if it was Alison what would be the reaction.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Indianablue » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:06 pm

nottsblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:Although they're trying desperately to bury it, someone else has posted it. I've actually done a copy now.

'Godfrey on Ederson not a red card'
Former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher:
"I'm not sure Ben Godfrey goes to kick Ederson. He's hunting for the ball. The goalkeeper has done particularly well because he hasn't made a big fuss about it. It's well dealt with by the referee."

Ref watch from Dermot Gallagher

Nothing to see here it seems

Absolute crock of shit from Gallagher. The twat is simply protecting his fellow refereeson the pitch and in the VAR room. Ball was under Godfrey's left knee when he deliberately kicked out at Ederson's head and face. Where is the confusion of where the ball is or what the intended kick out would produce if it was not to kick our keeper in the head ? Infuriating
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:16 pm

He’s literally looking at the ball. How can he be searching for it? Other clubs would be kicking up a fuss and asking for an apology.

Shouldn’t it be retrospective action? Aguero was banned for elbowing some twat.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:51 pm

Odd thing is neither of our players reacted, or did I miss it? Eddie usually gets wind up in this moments.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:11 pm

Mase wrote:He’s literally looking at the ball. How can he be searching for it? Other clubs would be kicking up a fuss and asking for an apology.

Assuming the club havre tried and got nowhere with the FA, maybe Ederson could simply report an assault to the local plod

It defies belief
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:43 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:He’s literally looking at the ball. How can he be searching for it? Other clubs would be kicking up a fuss and asking for an apology.

Assuming the club havre tried and got nowhere with the FA, maybe Ederson could simply report an assault to the local plod

It defies belief

Next time we play these I hope Pep puts Ederson left wing and leathers the fuck out of Godfrey
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:30 pm

PeterParker wrote:Odd thing is neither of our players reacted, or did I miss it? Eddie usually gets wind up in this moments.

He was flat out on the deck for three or four minutes, so was in no position to react.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum