Worst Signing this Season

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who is it?

Josko
No votes
Nunes
88%
Doku
4%
Kovacic
8%

Total votes : 24

Re: Worst Signing this Season

Postby john68 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:24 pm

zuricity wrote:
john68 wrote:
zuricity wrote:Another thread that needs to disappear up it's own arse.

Considering the standard of football City have attained over the 10yrs & the number of trophies that we've won, coupled with a steady rise in standards from winning the FA Cup in 2011 to last season's haul of btitles including World Club Champions, ther does seem to be an imbalance of negativity on the board.

It can make this place a miserable board full of far too much negativity considering the reality we find ourselves in as City fans.

IT IS BRILLIANT...HAS CONSTANTLY GOT BETTER...ISN'T JUST ABOUT TO GO TITS UP.

Well said ! Taxi for John ! wait ....

Sorry Zurich but you'll be waiting for a long time...I retired from the cab after 43yrs of pushing it round Manchester.
Do a bit of van work now and just about to embark on a project to turn my calligraphy into a viable business....ever the optimist!!!!!!
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby patrickblue » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:07 am

zuricity wrote:Another thread that needs to disappear up it's own arse.

That gets my vote.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Scatman » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:22 am

Gvardiol I'm ok with compared to some of the other defenders I've had to endure.

Nunes is actually wank.

Doku I am excited about. He's fast, skilful, direct. He just needs someone on the end of it.

Kovacic was signed to be available when needed. He's a pass.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby PeterParker » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:01 pm

Aren't we allowed to talk about how poor some players are because that is negative talk and we need to be constantly grateful because we were shit in the past?

I think it's crucial not to be deluded.
Because there isn't a City fan who doesn't believe he is not blessed.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:13 pm

PeterParker wrote:Aren't we allowed to talk about how poor some players are because that is negative talk and we need to be constantly grateful because we were shit in the past?

I think it's crucial not to be deluded.
Because there isn't a City fan who doesn't believe he is not blessed.

Spot on mate. How long do we keep saying, “we were shite 20 years ago so you’re not allowed to be negative now!”

I sat there as a kid watching relegation after relegation and still went into school saying City were the best team in the world. I was there at Gillingham until the very end. They were some of my favourite memories as a City fan, even though we were crap I loved going supporting the boys.

A thread discussing are signings this season, on a football forum seems pretty normal.

No point in me titling the thread “who’s been our best signing?” Because the only option would be Doku.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:32 pm

No problem discussing any player good, bad or indifferent. It seems that some have the belief that we should never question or criticise any player or the manager, and we should just say they are all great all of the time. That of course is complete bollocks.
No problem having a thread reviewing the progress / performances of our recent signings.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:29 pm

sheblue wrote:No problem discussing any player good, bad or indifferent. It seems that some have the belief that we should never question or criticise any player or the manager, and we should just say they are all great all of the time. That of course is complete bollocks.
No problem having a thread reviewing the progress / performances of our recent signings.

I think positive talk or negative is quite good for a forum. It's a debate. Sure, there are different opinions, but I for instance respect them all, even I do not agree with some.
We are all City, older or younger, but we are City and will be until our last day on earth. There is no amount of blowjobs compared to Aguero's goal.

That is what we are. Forever.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby john68 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:48 pm

My point wasn't to stop any discussion or debate on any aspect of the club, owners nor players.
My point was that of balance.
Some posters seem intent on only wanting to focus and discuss the negatives which can at times make this a very miserable site to visit.

Considering our recent history, we have far more to celebrate than moan about.
I would have thought this place would reflect far more celebration than criticism.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum