View from the Away End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Away End

Postby CuteMancs » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:52 am

Although I am looking forward to this, I am not sure how I feel about seeing Palmer score at the Etihad (you know its going to happen!). The Chavs are not at all confident, but we have been here before and it doesn’t end well for us. As always, three points please.

COME ON CITY !!!

Referee: Andy Madley
Assistants: Marc Perry and Nick Hopton
Fourth official: Keith Stroud
VAR: Peter Bankes
Assistant VAR: Ian Hussin

Team Selection

Petrovic
Gusto - Disasi - Colwill - Chilwell
Enzo - Caicedo
Palmer - Gallagher - Nkunku
Jackson

And the rest...

Always hard to call it against City but this time I have a feeling Haaland is going to rip us a new one. 

They are trying to catch Pool. It is hard to think they will overlook this match. I still have hope.... but I'm not going to let it kill me.

Come on Chels...for Liverpool! And Arsenal! Really pathetic to just type that., but it's even more pathetic for the league for the same team to run away with the league title for more than 4 years in a row. Unless it's Chelsea, of course.

It's really not... nobody likes a bully which is what City really is. Wanna sign *that* player? well he's going to City (or the other bully).

Experience is missing still, nothing will change until we find a proper goal scorer and and these players find consistency.We had had it bad with inuries also, but I can't see that changing anytime soon.

We can hope for a chaotic game like the first one against them or the one against Tottenham. If they control the game, we have no hope. We should be brave and fast in attack and press both aggressively and carefully. Connor can blast a screamer now that he is on fire. Don't you worry about a thing. COYB!

So thats Thiago, Badashielle,  James, Cucurella, Carney Chukwuemeka, Fofana, Ugochukwu and Lavia all thrown a sickie.

We drew with them 4-4 in the last game?? Still, an abysmal record. They really have shit on our parade haven't they since being taken over.

Not sure about today..think being a lot tougher being at their place. But City can have dodgy moments.. unfortunately we have a lot.

Silva and Grealish injured last night so possibly out for this match.Don’t think it’ll help us in anyway though.

City winning the league is the sort of default non-event I can tolerate, so I half hope we don't do something incredible. Or if we do, only after Arsenal and Liverpool both conspire to lose their weekend fixtures 0-10.

I was thinking this last week, but I have decided that I just want us to win. City have a game in hand and play Liverpool in March. If City lose the league, it will be their fault.

At least getting beaten will put pressure on Arse and Kloppershite. Honestly though if the players fight, scrap and play with pride and real commitment I won’t mind. I just don’t want one of the gutless surrenders we’ve seen way, way too often since Todd ‘n’ Eggy took over. 

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Away End

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:58 am

Cheers CM

It wasn’t long ago they would have been much more bullish about their chances. Hope the poster who thinks Haaland will rip them a new one is on the money
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: View from the Away End

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:04 pm

Ref is Madley. Don't rule anything out.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Return to The Maine Football forum