***Treble Winners v Chelsea Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Chelsea Official Match Thread***

Postby blues2win » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:02 pm

Players can have a poor match or even a stretch of matches without being hopelessly shit and needing to be sold. Haaland apparently had 9 shots yesterday. He was hardly hiding. His finishing was rubbish but he’s got a lot of runs in the bank FFS. As for Doku we bought a raw talent who on his day can excite the crowd even if the end product isn’t great. Needs time under Pep. In any big match Grealish should play. I rather agree with others that Bobb deserves a start on Tuesday. Don’t start me on Walker….
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:32 pm

blues2win wrote:Players can have a poor match or even a stretch of matches without being hopelessly shit and needing to be sold. Haaland apparently had 9 shots yesterday. He was hardly hiding. His finishing was rubbish but he’s got a lot of runs in the bank FFS. As for Doku we bought a raw talent who on his day can excite the crowd even if the end product isn’t great. Needs time under Pep. In any big match Grealish should play. I rather agree with others that Bobb deserves a start on Tuesday. Don’t start me on Walker….

I’d have some sympathy with Walker if he wasn’t such a helmet off the field and didn’t hold us to ransom last summer.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nick » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:58 pm

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:Players can have a poor match or even a stretch of matches without being hopelessly shit and needing to be sold. Haaland apparently had 9 shots yesterday. He was hardly hiding. His finishing was rubbish but he’s got a lot of runs in the bank FFS. As for Doku we bought a raw talent who on his day can excite the crowd even if the end product isn’t great. Needs time under Pep. In any big match Grealish should play. I rather agree with others that Bobb deserves a start on Tuesday. Don’t start me on Walker….

I’d have some sympathy with Walker if he wasn’t such a helmet off the field and didn’t hold us to ransom last summer.

100%. And the fact that not sure he should be captain.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:03 pm

Shout out to Ed. Saved us!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:48 pm

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blues2win » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:49 pm

Yes he got a huge amount of flack for his brain fart but made really good critical saves. He’s a top keeper.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:48 pm

Outcast wrote:
Indianablue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
aaron bond wrote:How on earth was that not a penalty!?!?

But that was abysmal today. Only perhaps Ake and Ederson came out with any credit today.

Walker, Dias and Akanji were shambolic. Rodri was half-asleep.

Out of the attackers, Doku huffed and puffed but had no end product. KDB, Foden and Alvarez were virtually invisible. Haaland had a shocker.

Pep’s tinkering with the defence needs to stop. He should have made changes earlier today. We could see things were not working in the first half.

Still a long way to go but we’ve blown our advantage in the title race and were embarrassed yet again by a crap Chelsea team. Disappointing day.

Tinkering with the defence ?? we spent 90 minutes in their half there was no defending to do.

No defending to do ? what are you watching, they caused us quite a few problems at the back

Zuricity is a big Akanji fan, he just can't bring himself to say he's shit and should only be used sparingly or in emergencies. He was down the pecking order at fucking Dortmund ffs, says it all. If Stones is fit then fucking play him.

Wolverhampton turned them over at their own gaff, they got pummeled by the vermins not long ago. They got bimmed by average teams. How the fuck did we conceded 5 goals against that shower of shite? If they had a decent striker, this could have been worse.

We can moan about referees and our forward play, granted, it's fundamental we sort the defence before our forward play.

Nope , i think you should read carefully, I am not a fan of Akanji at all. He's an ok player. He isn't as bad as you perpetually make out though and he was no worse than anyone else in defence or midfield yesterday . You leave DeBruyne out from your critisism of yesterday's game. Most of his crosses and passes were very poor yesterday. Doku should have been pulled in the first half he was that bad. Alvarez was quiet .

Wolves turned them over because they tried to play football and not the eleven men in and around the box we saw yesterday. They would have lost yesterday had they not had a ref playing for them Caicedo commits four clearly bookable offences , before he finally goes in the book. Then he acts as if Berni had stabbed him in the back and Bernie gets booked immediately.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby patrickblue » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:17 pm

s1ty m wrote:Doku. Honestly, what does this guy do? Anyone who rates him, please, honestly, tell me what you see.

As far as I could see, and I was at the game, that Duku was the only one having a go. Certainly first half. Plus, he had two men on him all game.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:20 pm

There was only one outfield player on his game Ake, who had yet another flawless game.
I really don't think he gets the attention he deserves.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:24 pm

patrickblue wrote:There was only one outfield player on his game Ake, who had yet another flawless game.
I really don't think he gets the attention he deserves.

Ake has been great. It used to be Dias that was relied on but Ake has stepped up and I’d say he’s our best and most reliable defender now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:28 pm

patrickblue wrote:
s1ty m wrote:Doku. Honestly, what does this guy do? Anyone who rates him, please, honestly, tell me what you see.

As far as I could see, and I was at the game, that Duku was the only one having a go. Certainly first half. Plus, he had two men on him all game.

Yes this is true , there always seemed to be one or two waiting for Doku. Though he doesn't his cause by letting the ball stop still
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby patrickblue » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:53 pm

zuricity wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Yes this is true , there always seemed to be one or two waiting for Doku. Though he doesn't his cause by letting the ball stop still

I had a conversation at half time with the two guys next to me about Doku. One shared the opinion of most on here that he'd been poor, the other agreed with what I said. Doku did struggle with his normal game, but that said he was the only one getting the ball in the box. Hardly his fault if there was no-one there to convert it. Again, this was mainly first half, second period they seemed to get even tighter on him.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:00 pm

Grealish has had two on him for two years now, hence why he tends to come back. Doku turned back and gave it to Ake a few times. Whether Pep has told him to do that or not remains to be seen.

He’s 21 and has the raw ingredients to be a top footballer for us, but he’s yet to have a class game against a top 6 team.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Scatman » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:37 pm

patrickblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

I had a conversation at half time with the two guys next to me about Doku. One shared the opinion of most on here that he'd been poor, the other agreed with what I said. Doku did struggle with his normal game, but that said he was the only one getting the ball in the box. Hardly his fault if there was no-one there to convert it. Again, this was mainly first half, second period they seemed to get even tighter on him.

The lad has obviously got ability in spades, and pace to match. He just needs some coaching.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:00 pm

Scatman wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

The lad has obviously got ability in spades, and pace to match. He just needs some coaching.

Does anybody else feel that he would be more useful on the right-hand side so he can go on the outside and deliver a decent ball in as he is predominantly right-footed?
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:48 pm

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:32 am

Mase wrote:

Was sat with a Majure fan and a Spuds tan
Both said WTF how is all that not a pen
Disgraceful
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby blues2win » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:26 am

https://x.com/londonblue_2/status/17593 ... 9Awxy5lqVQ

Çaicedo on Doku. Shocking challenge. Even spitty agreed. Clear red. Dirty fucker.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Nickyboy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:16 am

zuricity wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

That's why he needs to learn and be cleverer on the ball. If he has two on him it means someone else is free. He will learn hopefully in time.

If he was fit Grealish starts that game every time a she knows what Pep wants and it helps keeps us tighter and less susceptible to counter attacks
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby stupot » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:35 am

Nickyboy wrote:
zuricity wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

That's why he needs to learn and be cleverer on the ball. If he has two on him it means someone else is free. He will learn hopefully in time.

If he was fit Grealish starts that game every time a she knows what Pep wants and it helps keeps us tighter and less susceptible to counter attacks

The annoying thing with Doku on Saturday was his games all about pace but he slowed us down constantly. When we equalized we were so up for it and really going for it bar him. I looked at the clock at 89 minutes and he's stood there with the ball not moving for about 30 seconds.Totally infuriating- hopefully Bobb starts tomorrow.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum