***Treble Winners v Chelsea Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Chelsea Official Match Thread***

Postby sheblue » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:43 am

Doku has a plenty of potential. He just needs the time spent on coaching and the game time.
I thought he did well enough Saturday.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:56 am

sheblue wrote:Doku has a plenty of potential. He just needs the time spent on coaching and the game time.

Yeah, I'm not getting this slagging off either. He did well several times, beating his man. Tested the keeper with a decent shot and played a few balls into the box when I was wondering why the fuck was nobody making runs to the near post. Second half Chelsea properly parked the bus and whenever doku received the ball he had 2 men on him with zero back up. Absolutely crying out for an overlap or two but nobody offered it. He either had to slow down play and bring it back inside like Jack does or take the two defenders on himself. Which he had the balls to do a few times and fair fucks to him for doing so. That's what we want from a winger no? Have a go and take your man on.

Late on when chasing a winner, again he was on the left with 2 or 3 Chelsea players standing him up. He either takes them on and potentially loses it to start a counter or he keeps possession and brings it back inside to Ake or somebody, hoping play rotates to open up elsewhere. Without the needed support to make his position effective, the chose the right option. I don't really understand what people are expecting of him.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Outcast » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:37 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:
sheblue wrote:Doku has a plenty of potential. He just needs the time spent on coaching and the game time.

Yeah, I'm not getting this slagging off either. He did well several times, beating his man. Tested the keeper with a decent shot and played a few balls into the box when I was wondering why the fuck was nobody making runs to the near post. Second half Chelsea properly parked the bus and whenever doku received the ball he had 2 men on him with zero back up. Absolutely crying out for an overlap or two but nobody offered it. He either had to slow down play and bring it back inside like Jack does or take the two defenders on himself. Which he had the balls to do a few times and fair fucks to him for doing so. That's what we want from a winger no? Have a go and take your man on.

Late on when chasing a winner, again he was on the left with 2 or 3 Chelsea players standing him up. He either takes them on and potentially loses it to start a counter or he keeps possession and brings it back inside to Ake or somebody, hoping play rotates to open up elsewhere. Without the needed support to make his position effective, the chose the right option. I don't really understand what people are expecting of him.

Mase is orchestrating the bashing campaign and everyone is jumping on the wagon. He's just upset Doku keeping his poster boy out of the first 11. Im not sure it's all about football, I reckon he misses those famous Wham shorts.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby patrickblue » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:33 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:

That's exactly how I saw it.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby stupot » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:57 pm

He beat his man a couple of times but the shot was soft as anything and there were umpteen people waiting for the ball into the box and his balls into the box were poor. The only decent ball in from the left all game was the Kev cross on a plate for Haaland that he somehow put over.
I'm certainly not anti Doku by any means but he looked like he'd run out of ideas 2nd half and Bobb who scored the goal of the month at Newcastle and was unlucky to have one chalked out at Tottenham should have come on for him in my opinion.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Outcast » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:27 pm

stupot wrote:He beat his man a couple of times but the shot was soft as anything and there were umpteen people waiting for the ball into the box and his balls into the box were poor. The only decent ball in from the left all game was the Kev cross on a plate for Haaland that he somehow put over.
I'm certainly not anti Doku by any means but he looked like he'd run out of ideas 2nd half and Bobb who scored the goal of the month at Newcastle and was unlucky to have one chalked out at Tottenham should have come on for him in my opinion.

Fair enough but you can't expect a relatively a new raw talent to carry the team and shoulder all the blame when match winners like Haaland and KDB didn't turn up. Playing Foden and Alvarez out of position and that waste of space Stones wannabe Akanji along with contentious refeereeing didn't help matters. Pep got it wrong. I'm sure he'll put it right against Brentford. I see us scoring 5 goals
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby MIAMCFC » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:36 pm

Outcast wrote:
stupot wrote:He beat his man a couple of times but the shot was soft as anything and there were umpteen people waiting for the ball into the box and his balls into the box were poor. The only decent ball in from the left all game was the Kev cross on a plate for Haaland that he somehow put over.

Fair enough but you can't expect a relatively a new raw talent to carry the team and shoulder all the blame when match winners like Haaland and KDB didn't turn up. Playing Foden and Alvarez out of position and that waste of space Stones wannabe Akanji along with contentious refeereeing didn't help matters. Pep got it wrong. I'm sure he'll put it right against Brentford. I see us scoring 5 goals

I have nothing against Doku. But Palmer is a better footballer. He is a level above IMO. Calm clever and give the lad his due, he handled the game well.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Indianablue » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:34 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:There was only one outfield player on his game Ake, who had yet another flawless game.
I really don't think he gets the attention he deserves.

Ake has been great. It used to be Dias that was relied on but Ake has stepped up and I’d say he’s our best and most reliable defender now.

I agree. half a yard more pace and he'd be a world beater
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Indianablue » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:40 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:
Outcast wrote:

I have nothing against Doku. But Palmer is a better footballer. He is a level above IMO. Calm clever and give the lad his due, he handled the game well.

I think the way we played in defence and midfield offered Palmer Sterling and Jackson? so much space to run into we always looked troubled. Offside decisions aside, we should have addressed it. Only walker had the pace to get back and only covers one side. When he did get back on Sterling he pushed him onto his only good foot and let him score
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum