alvarez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

alvarez

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:17 pm

is not a midfielder - should never play there again.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: alvarez

Postby Mase » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:38 pm

Foden being played out of position and not in the middle for certain games this season.

Alvarez playing out of position when Haaland starts.

Josko the most in demand defender this summer is played out of position.

Akanji doing the Stones role when he’s barely capable of just doing a standard CB role.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:28 pm

Pep is to blame for Alvarez and foden not playing well - the fucking Tit just cannot play them in their best position can he !!!

He doesn’t even change it when it’s obvious to the whole world watching - arrogant bald cunt .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nick » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:10 pm

Agree with all

Akanji is wank

Foden should play in the middle

Alvarez should play up front

Pep is too stubborn n doku was wank today and should have come off for bobb (who hasn't played since a class winner)
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:21 am

Mase wrote:Foden being played out of position and not in the middle for certain games this season.

Alvarez playing out of position when Haaland starts.

Josko the most in demand defender this summer is played out of position.

Akanji doing the Stones role when he’s barely capable of just doing a standard CB role.

I think this is accurate.

I would add Doku to it too. Huge potential but has a lot to learn

Akanje is a fourth choice defensive physical defender and an excellent one at that. He is not a ball playing central midfielder.

Pep seems to deliberately make it hard for us at times, its like its too easy and hes bored. Play the team we played on tuesday or as close to it as possible as much as possible and we win the league handy and will go very close to the champs league too. I am pretty sure if he took this approach in the past we would have an extra CL in the cabinet.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:39 am

Sell all of them, bring back Corluka.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:12 pm

PeterParker wrote:Sell all of them, bring back Corluka.

just play the best xi… alvarez is not in that if he’s selected to play in midfield. an absolute waste of space yesterday
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:34 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

just play the best xi… alvarez is not in that if he’s selected to play in midfield. an absolute waste of space yesterday

Hes a forward and has been since he was a fucking embryo - why PeP bought him to play him in a position that hes shit in is anyone's guess.

Hes 24 and has won everything , player of the year in Latin America : 122 matches. 7940 minutes.54 goals. 29 assists (a goal participation every 96 minutes).

And Baldy decides to make sure he never performs to his maximum level ( just like Foden ) by playing him constantly out of position
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:38 pm

You're right Carl.

You intimated it a few times in the match thread. And the match thread before that. And the one before that.

The sooner we fuck pep off the better.

It's so obvious.
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:44 pm

Original Dub wrote:You're right Carl.

You intimated it a few times in the match thread. And the match thread before that. And the one before that.

It's so obvious.

Who said fuck him off ? Fucking weird cunt !
This whole fuckign site, minus you , wants to know why PeP continues playing star players out of position and hes getting called out for it.

Deal with the criticism or fuck off if you cant.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:49 pm

It's so obvious.

It is so obvious that playing both Alvarez and Foden out of position at the same time is wroing and in the main, does not work. There can be no-one who disagrees. Alvarez is a forward and we get nothing from him playing him out of position. Pep's insistence on doing this and the use of both Akanji and Josko also playing out of position will cost us the league - make no mistake about that
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:51 pm

To answer Carl's question. I think it is to help them understand their teammates' roles and what is expected from a player in their normal position by the player in the other position (if that makes sense). I remember Dave Silva (I think) talking about this in an interview some time ago. It also develops other skills.

Also he wants to make his small squad more flexible and multi-purpose.

Plus, he can give players more games if they can play more than one position.

I agree with only the first point of those three, to be honest. But he wins the trophies and I don't.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Nick » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:56 pm

Pep said post world cup alvarez is too good to leave out so he needs to find a way to get him in the team with haaland

I would have subbed haaland over alvarez yesterday and the obvious one that the whole stadium wanted was doku for bobb but he doesn't make subs that make his plan look failed
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:14 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

It's so obvious.

This whole fuckign site, minus you , wants to know why PeP continues playing star players out of position and hes getting called out for it.

Well you see Carl, the thing is, I come and go as I please. So let's park that instruction right there.

Now, everytime you're backed into a corner you tell me "the whole site" is on your side. I very much doubt that.

The reason you're a standing joke is because all of your posts are about pep.

You used the word "weird". Your obsession with "baldy", "PeP" etc is truly weird. The essence of weird.

I'll never stop pointing it out because it's amazing that you hate the man that brought us so much.

Rag like, if you will.
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

It's so obvious.

Well you see Carl, the thing is, I come and go as I please. So let's park that instruction right there.

Now, everytime you're backed into a corner you tell me "the whole site" is on your side. I very much doubt that.

You used the word "weird". Your obsession with "baldy", "PeP" etc is truly weird. The essence of weird.

I'll never stop pointing it out because it's amazing that you hate the man that brought us so much.

Rag like, if you will.

Standing joke ? Pmsl -this coming from
‘the runt of the litter ‘ who whines about the ref in every single one of your post match threads completely ignoring other factors of why this or that happened !!!

But you are what is ‘says on the tin ‘ thick little cunt . You just have to deal with it and smile .

As for your main whine today , Unless you’re a blind little cunt , the majority are on my side in this regard , hence the complaints about Peps continuous bad use of Alvarez in match threads and post match threads .

If you are indeed fucking blind then I’ll offer my apologies .

Now you jog on and get over your little man syndrome that’s obviously giving you so much mental pain.

carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:50 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Hes a forward and has been since he was a fucking embryo - why PeP bought him to play him in a position that hes shit in is anyone's guess.

Hes 24 and has won everything , player of the year in Latin America : 122 matches. 7940 minutes.54 goals. 29 assists (a goal participation every 96 minutes).

And Baldy decides to make sure he never performs to his maximum level ( just like Foden ) by playing him constantly out of position

Agree with this.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:49 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

It's so obvious.

Rag like, if you will.

‘the runt of the litter ‘ who whines about the ref in every single one of your post match threads completely ignoring other factors of why this or that happened !!!

But you are what is ‘says on the tin ‘ thick little cunt . You just have to deal with it and smile .

As for your main whine today , Unless you’re a blind little cunt , the majority are on my side in this regard , hence the complaints about Peps continuous bad use of Alvarez in match threads and post match threads .

Now you jog on and get over your little man syndrome that’s obviously giving you so much mental pain.

You are a standing joke Carl. You hate our manager. I can't honestly think of anything more ridiculous as a city fan.

The little man syndrome is a weird thing to say to someone who is actually the dead on height of an average man but then again you don't know the difference between their, they're and there at 60 years old so I suppose I'm the stupid one for trying to reason with you on any level
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:54 pm

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

It's so obvious.

Rag like, if you will.

I suppose I'm the stupid one for trying to reason with you on any level

That's about the most sensible thing you have ever written on this site and you are absolutely spot on !! ;)

I know you always have a constant hard on to respond to any post I make criticizing the manager but now try your best to see if you can actually respond to other posters who share my own thoughts on Alvarez's position in the team.

P.S You are definitely a fuckign midget.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:19 pm

A midget?

You're forgetting I've met quite a few on here Carl so that theory might not stand.

However, it is a fact that you're illiterate.
The evidence is everywhere.

See the difference?

Now fuck off back to your 3rd world jacuzzi, I'm done with you for now
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:22 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Now fuck off back to your 3rd world jacuzzi, I'm done with you for now

Ive upgraded you midget, its a pool now.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum