View from the Home End

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

View from the Home End

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:20 pm

You can’t fault Pep’s record against The Cherries, so I think we can expect a positive outcome tomorrow evening. It will be interesting to see if they prioritise their FA Cup game on Tuesday night over the league, they are fairly safe after all. I am sensing three points, and surely, the PL comes before the FA Cup for us?

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Jarred Gillett
Assistants: Darren Cann, Derek Eaton
Fourth official: Simon Hooper
VAR: Andy Madley
Assistant VAR: Simon Long.

Team Selection

Travers
Smith Zabarnyi Senesi Kerkez
Cook Scott
Favaire Kluivert Sinisterra
Unal

And the rest…

This match could set a new Football League record: it's never taken a team 21 attempts to win their first match against another.

The current record is held by AFC Bournemouth, who are winless in 20 attempts against Manchester City.

So City have conceded in each of their last 6 away matches.

In their last two away games, City have had 52 shots, 26 on target and 6 goals.

Stuttered a bit in their last two so we can do this or normal service resumed and we get battered.

We're winning this game.

I really hate this fixture home and away, just never feel like there's a chance of beating them or even getting draw. They have longest win record in PL history against us 13 wins out of 13.

They will be fuming with that 1-0 win. Haaland is likely to score every touch he has probably one by accident. Rodri, De-Bruyne, Silva, Foden, Haaland just can't compete with players like that. And then they mix and match with Grealish or Doku. Even Alvarez is insanely good.

SKY just promoted the match as "Pep Guardiola takes his Manchester City team to the Vitality." …
Would have been nice for them to mention AFC Bournemouth.

I'm sure Pep will risk playing KDB to win the match if it means they go 1 point behind Liverpool as they clearly want 4 in a row to break Man U's consecutive title record which has never been done.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: View from the Home End

Postby nottsblue » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:25 pm

Cheers CM

This match could set a new Football League record: it's never taken a team 21 attempts to win their first match against another.

The current record is held by AFC Bournemouth, who are winless in 20 attempts against Manchester City.

Two quality stats there

Any old win will do just to keep the dippers on their toes
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Return to The Maine Football forum