Prem Games - March 2/3/4

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Prem Games - March 2/3/4

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:18 am

Outcast wrote:Well we won't be winning the league on goal difference.

Just win our next 2 PL games and they'll both fall away. Goal difference won't have to come into it then.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Indianablue » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:35 am

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:Complete opposite yesterday for Madrid - ref blew for full time when they were putting a cross in and Bellingham scored. Wasn’t allowed because the whistle had already gone, Bellingham spat his dummy out and got sent off.

Then the ref is an idiot. We had that years ago, maybe in the 70s at the world cup. The English celebrity ref (Taylor?) disallowed a Brazil screamer from about 30 yards, blew in mid air.

Fuckin twat. You just don't do that, you discreetly wait for an opportune moment you see them all do it.

Time is time, it ain't rugby union
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:53 am

Indianablue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:Complete opposite yesterday for Madrid - ref blew for full time when they were putting a cross in and Bellingham scored. Wasn’t allowed because the whistle had already gone, Bellingham spat his dummy out and got sent off.

Then the ref is an idiot. We had that years ago, maybe in the 70s at the world cup. The English celebrity ref (Taylor?) disallowed a Brazil screamer from about 30 yards, blew in mid air.

Fuckin twat. You just don't do that, you discreetly wait for an opportune moment you see them all do it.

Time is time, it ain't rugby union

I agree. The ref can’t wait until someone scores. Once time is up, it’s up. The teams had 90+ minutes to score so they can’t complain.

That said, thankful for Mark Halsey :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:02 am

I think the murdering cunts have the squad full of injuries while we are close to the best eleven? So no excuses the cunts in the stands are loud, the bus will be attacked and so on. We are european champions, go the and show them why we are the best team in the land.
Start strong and rip them apart.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:11 am

PeterParker wrote:I think the murdering cunts have the squad full of injuries while we are close to the best eleven? So no excuses the cunts in the stands are loud, the bus will be attacked and so on. We are european champions, go the and show them why we are the best team in the land.

Can’t argue with that PP
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Outcast » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:13 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:

Just win our next 2 PL games and they'll both fall away. Goal difference won't have to come into it then.

Had we just beaten , Palace, Chelsea, Tottenham and vermins at home. Just wish we didn't drop points away at Chelsea and Wolverhampton. Just beating our closest rivals whom are on form and scoring for fun is no easy task.

I just wish we are in a better position, we need at least a win and a draw.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Outcast » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:18 am

nottsblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I think the murdering cunts have the squad full of injuries while we are close to the best eleven? So no excuses the cunts in the stands are loud, the bus will be attacked and so on. We are european champions, go the and show them why we are the best team in the land.

Can’t argue with that PP

Play our best 11 and not get intimated by the mutant rats and their over hyped atmosphere, we can do it. No funny selections, tactics and high line Pep.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:00 pm

Outcast wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Can’t argue with that PP

Play our best 11 and not get intimated by the mutant rats and their over hyped atmosphere, we can do it. No funny selections, tactics and high line Pep.

Sounds good but are we forgetting the inevitable cheating? All things being equal I think we have a very good chance of winning there. I find it very hard to believe it will be a level playing field.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby salford city » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:49 pm

sheblue wrote:
Outcast wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Can’t argue with that PP

Sounds good but are we forgetting the inevitable cheating? All things being equal I think we have a very good chance of winning there. I find it very hard to believe it will be a level playing field.

We would be better off sending a fake coach and getting the players and staff in another way on sunday. We've shat our pants here more often than not and it will be so much worse this time. Once inside we are much the better team and so it's time to show up and put these murderers away
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:55 pm

We havent beaten a team in the top 5 all season. It needs to change starting Sunday. We lose its over, we win we are flying. A draw is just about ok. If we dont win sunday we may aswell forfeit this game every season going forward....
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:34 pm

Kellehrr injured in training today so Adrian in goal for the dippers Sunday
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby blues2win » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:55 pm

Gvardiol in training today. Might feature tomorrow although probably on the bench for Sunday.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:15 pm

gmercer1 wrote:Kellehrr injured in training today so Adrian in goal for the dippers Sunday

That fucker will have the game of his life now!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:00 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:Kellehrr injured in training today so Adrian in goal for the dippers Sunday

That fucker will have the game of his life now!

Kelleher has been making his claim for number 1 since Alison got injured, seriously doubt Adrian will be better than Kelleher has been.

Are we sure this isn't klippertys smoke and mirrors shit?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby branny » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:10 pm

sheblue wrote:
Outcast wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Can’t argue with that PP

The dippers are away to Sparta Prague on Thursday too which is a nice bonus while we should be resting a few v Copenhagen.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:24 am

Outcast wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

Had we just beaten , Palace, Chelsea, Tottenham and vermins at home. Just wish we didn't drop points away at Chelsea and Wolverhampton. Just beating our closest rivals whom are on form and scoring for fun is no easy task.

We can't change what's in the past, but we can dictate what happens going forward. We've hit form ourselves since the results you mentioned. In the PL it's 11 wins and a draw in the last 12, in all comps it's 15 wins and a draw in the last 16 as part of a 19 game unbeaten run dating back three months. Have faith!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Sparklehorse » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:36 am

Outcast wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

You present a Just argument
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:04 pm

Dubciteh wrote:We havent beaten a team in the top 5 all season. It needs to change starting Sunday. We lose its over, we win we are flying. A draw is just about ok. If we dont win sunday we may aswell forfeit this game every season going forward....

We haven't beaten a team in the top 5 all season because the fuckign manager cannot get his team selection right in those games - how many times have we said FFS !! when we see the team sheet.

He needs to stop fuckign around and go with the obvious team selection in these games
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:17 pm

I feel with the games the three teams have left, this game for us a draw won't be enough. It's a must win.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby salford city » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:30 pm

sheblue wrote:I feel with the games the three teams have left, this game for us a draw won't be enough. It's a must win.

Really? Arsenal will continue to shit themselves at the swamp - when was the last time they won there? Spuds and Villa will be no gimme either.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves though after tonight we can rightly focus on those scouse bastards - lets finish the chumps league qualification and tick another off
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum