***Treble Winners v Copenhagen Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Copenhagen Official Match Thread***

Postby Outcast » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:38 pm

s1ty m wrote:
sheblue wrote:Nunes is not city pedigree. Awful signing.
But I don't get the hate Josko is getting from some.

Sorry, but I do. I don't really want to argue with anyone, my opinion is just that he's fucking terrible. Lol. Happy to be corrected. Bloke is woeful. You'll see. Doku, same. Tin hat on. Our business last summer was not unlike the Rodwell summer. Fucking shite.

You're probably one of those thought Roderi is a crane and should got rid.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:35 am

Took my lad to his first game tonight. He's only 5 but I think it was a bit much for him, the light show and the vastness of the stadium frightened him a bit so he decided to sleep after 20 minutes so I had to cradle him the whole game. Little shit house.

First time I've seen josko in the flesh and I got a totally different feel for him. The boy has it, star quality just waiting to come out. A few errant passes but he's mustard and I beg our fans to be patient with him. Reminds me of stones when he was young and full of errors, but with added flair. He'll be the best in the world at some point.

Early doors Nunes made some brilliant driving runs but he just doesn't have *it*. He'll be at west ham at some point I feel. Likewise, kovacic just isn't good enough, but will make do as a squad player.

Bobb though. He's something else.

A good win without ever getting out of second gear and some much needed minutes for one or two before anfield.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john@staustell » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:15 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Took my lad to his first game tonight. He's only 5 but I think it was a bit much for him, the light show and the vastness of the stadium frightened him a bit so he decided to sleep after 20 minutes so I had to cradle him the whole game. Little shit house.

I was falling asleep too, through the second half
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:36 am

Outcast wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

Sorry, but I do. I don't really want to argue with anyone, my opinion is just that he's fucking terrible. Lol. Happy to be corrected. Bloke is woeful. You'll see. Doku, same. Tin hat on. Our business last summer was not unlike the Rodwell summer. Fucking shite.

That was Peter Parker, who also slated Foden on a regular basis - I don't hold that against him as I slate everyone on a regular basis :D

Talking of 'slating'........... Josko is fucking GREAT at giving the ball away on that wing......he gave the ball away after we dominated possession for 3 or 4 mins from kick off and it was him who gave it to them and they attacked..it happened a couple of times and it happens every time he plays.

This player should be nowhere near the team when we play the dippers.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:42 am

Baffling that people are surprised that when a player is playing shit, fans will say he’s playing shit :lol:

Rodri was fuckin terrible when he joined us. And it wasn’t until about season 3 that he came good. Not even player is Rodri.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:43 am

https://x.com/beanymansports/status/176 ... 9Awxy5lqVQ

Here’s the Copenhagen managers reflections on playing City twice. They work fucking hard. Not just technical ability.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:46 am

Did anyone catch the moving message from Trent relayed by TNT from his sick bed? The dippers poverty narrative genuinely breaks my heart, only a billion spent on that team. They are financially organic apparently - like bacteria and their trophies mean more than ours :lol: :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby blues2win » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:50 am

There’s saying someone’s having a shit game and writing them off as hopeless. Gvardiol should certainly not be written off. I’d like to see him after a pre season although presumably he won’t get much of one because of the Euros.

On the subject of Rodri. Here was his last action of the day. A superb assist for Haaland’s goal.

https://x.com/priceless_mci/status/1765 ... 9Awxy5lqVQ
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:29 am

blues2win wrote:There’s saying someone’s having a shit game and writing them off as hopeless. Gvardiol should certainly not be written off. I’d like to see him after a pre season although presumably he won’t get much of one because of the Euros.

On the subject of Rodri. Here was his last action of the day. A superb assist for Haaland’s goal.

Josko will be class in my opinion. He’s being played out of position which isn’t helping, but it seems like Pep is determined to force him into that LB slot for some weird reason.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby s1ty m » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:42 am

Outcast wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

No, I didn't.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Outcast » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:00 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Outcast wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

That was Peter Parker, who also slated Foden on a regular basis - I don't hold that against him as I slate everyone on a regular basis :D

Talking of 'slating'........... Josko is fucking GREAT at giving the ball away on that wing......he gave the ball away after we dominated possession for 3 or 4 mins from kick off and it was him who gave it to them and they attacked..it happened a couple of times and it happens every time he plays.

You do realise he's only 21/22? First season playing out of position under Peps complex demands? I have a feeling Pep wants to develop him into some kind of hybrid player which will take considerable time to come together. Expects to see lots of fucks up along the way. He's naturally gifted on the ball, expect to see similar development to Stones game.

You'll eat your words when he comes good, I'm confident of that.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Indianablue » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:19 am

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:There’s saying someone’s having a shit game and writing them off as hopeless. Gvardiol should certainly not be written off. I’d like to see him after a pre season although presumably he won’t get much of one because of the Euros.

Josko will be class in my opinion. He’s being played out of position which isn’t helping, but it seems like Pep is determined to force him into that LB slot for some weird reason.

AGREE personally thought he had a decent game. Not the only player that gives away possession. When any of them lose it, the mistake usually more significant because we are so far up the pitch! I remember thinking Stones dropped loads of bollocks when he first played for us, and now everyone says hes brilliant
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby salford city » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:07 am

Indianablue wrote:
Mase wrote:

AGREE personally thought he had a decent game. Not the only player that gives away possession. When any of them lose it, the mistake usually more significant because we are so far up the pitch! I remember thinking Stones dropped loads of bollocks when he first played for us, and now everyone says hes brilliant

Everyone can see that Josko is not a lb but that Pep is persisting in playing him as one. My take is that Pep is trying to fast track him into the hybrid version whilst heis still young - it's the only fucking logical thing that fits?? Personally, I've no worries with this kid he will be massive for us in his time. As has been pointed out, our defensive line seems to be getting higher and misplaced passes lead, in the main, to very good chances for our opponents like last night - that's still a work in progress but our first choice 11 rarely give possession away when we are at it. Thats why we have that new badge on our shirt and we are not giving that up any time soon
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Indianablue » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:11 am

Good thing about last night was that Nunes pulled his finger out and the world saw it
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:12 am

johnny crossan wrote:Did anyone catch the moving message from Trent relayed by TNT from his sick bed? The dippers poverty narrative genuinely breaks my heart, only a billion spent on that team. They are financially organic apparently - like bacteria and their trophies mean more than ours :lol: :lol:

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:20 am

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Did anyone catch the moving message from Trent relayed by TNT from his sick bed? The dippers poverty narrative genuinely breaks my heart, only a billion spent on that team. They are financially organic apparently - like bacteria and their trophies mean more than ours :lol: :lol:

Are you trying to make me vomit on purpose? Puttint that on here when I'm having my dinner! :lol:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby PeterParker » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:31 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Outcast wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

I still have the fucker on my radar, he is not safe yet.
Thank fuck he read the forum on time and started playing well. He still has a shit right foot, but he is one of ours.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:21 pm

Outcast wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Outcast wrote:
s1ty m wrote:

You do realise he's only 21/22? First season playing out of position under Peps complex demands? I have a feeling Pep wants to develop him into some kind of hybrid player which will take considerable time to come together. Expects to see lots of fucks up along the way. He's naturally gifted on the ball, expect to see similar development to Stones game.

You'll eat your words when he comes good, I'm confident of that.

He’s on my shit list till further notice ! - and as I say to my crowd of managerial misfits , make me eat my words ( they are still waiting 7 years on )

I still stick to the ‘He cannot be anywhere near the starting 11 this week ‘
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:52 pm

Mase wrote:Imagine someone like Savage telling Bobb what he should and shouldn’t do :lol: fuckin hilarious

In terms of senior honours, Robbie Savage is ahead of me by 1 League Cup.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:04 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Mase wrote:Imagine someone like Savage telling Bobb what he should and shouldn’t do :lol: fuckin hilarious

In terms of senior honours, Robbie Savage is ahead of me by 1 League Cup.

:lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum