***Dippers v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Dippers v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Postby PeterParker » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:20 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Ederson I’ll be out for up to 4 weeks. I think it was only a matter of time before this happened, the amount of time he has lunged out & got away without injury & giving away penalties. I hope he learns from this.

To be honest, he won't be missed. Ortega is more up to it to do the job.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:51 am

I see Haaland escaped any criticism in this match thread as that was directed at Alvarez - The reality was that Haaland was a waste of fucking space in this game , he did sweet fuckall and its not the first time hes been a waste of space against a top team.

I think Pep should drop him for certain top games as hes just not doing enough in them IMO....PeP needs to come up with a different game plan as its been copy and paste time for a while now.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Outcast » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:53 am

I didn't see the point dropping Dias, his form is irrelevant, we needed his leadership. Akanji can't lead and he sucks at centre back. Akanji should only cover right or even left back positions. Just a weird decision from Pep.
You don't see Klopp dropping Van dick whatever form he's in. You play your best centre back into form. The amount of partnerships Dias had throughout the season, no wonder he's been all over the place. If the defence is shambles, it effects the whole balance of the team.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Outcast » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:59 am

Mase wrote:Doesn’t help that we don’t really have a leader(s). Walker shouldn’t be anywhere the captaincy. Kev is kicking off with the manager when he’s taken off so it’s the same for him.

We’re missing a Fern/Gundo. A proper leader.

We have a natural leader in Dias, Pep doesn't have the balls to make him captain and get the best out of him, instead he went with this pathetic holistic voting. Not only that, he benched his only natural leader at the back
Outcast

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Indianablue » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:24 am

Sparklehorse wrote:My biggest worry is that Haaland doesn’t look arsed in some games, usually the big ones. Also dropping Dias to play alongside Stones was in explicable.

Akanji must have something on Pep
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Indianablue » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:29 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I see Haaland escaped any criticism in this match thread as that was directed at Alvarez - The reality was that Haaland was a waste of fucking space in this game , he did sweet fuckall and its not the first time hes been a waste of space against a top team.

I think Pep should drop him for certain top games as hes just not doing enough in them IMO....PeP needs to come up with a different game plan as its been copy and paste time for a while now.

Say what you like about Alavarez, even in his off games and he's had more recently because of the way Pep is using him, he always runs for the team, always looks interested, always looks as though he does give a fuck. With Haaland, unless he scores early on he mopes around the fucking pitch with a face like a slapped arse. The longer in the game he goes, the more pissed off he looks and the better the opposition feel. Granted he may pop up and get on at any time but this season is a definite drop in performance levels. Quite a few City fans i've spoken to after the weekend have suggested Haaland should have been tugged and Alvarez played as a centre forward
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:57 am

Indianablue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I see Haaland escaped any criticism in this match thread as that was directed at Alvarez - The reality was that Haaland was a waste of fucking space in this game , he did sweet fuckall and its not the first time hes been a waste of space against a top team.

Say what you like about Alavarez, even in his off games and he's had more recently because of the way Pep is using him, he always runs for the team, always looks interested, always looks as though he does give a fuck. With Haaland, unless he scores early on he mopes around the fucking pitch with a face like a slapped arse. The longer in the game he goes, the more pissed off he looks and the better the opposition feel. Granted he may pop up and get on at any time but this season is a definite drop in performance levels. Quite a few City fans i've spoken to after the weekend have suggested Haaland should have been tugged and Alvarez played as a centre forward

The Alvarez switch you suggest sounds a good idea now. However had Pep done that I suspect the aficionados on the match thread may not have concurred with this tactical masterclass :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:04 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Indianablue wrote:

The Alvarez switch you suggest sounds a good idea now. However had Pep done that I suspect the aficionados on the match thread may not have concurred with this tactical masterclass :lol:

Can we not just say that Pep isn't having the greatest of seasons tactically? Or will that blow a few too many fuses?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:33 pm

Two pennith worth - We shit ourselves “again”
So delighted to get a point we didn’t deserve lmo
Downside not good to be without Ed I know we have Ortaga but if he takes a knock ouch .
Upside Love all the piss boiling re - the pen
Foooookin Awesome - onward & upward Blues
carolina-blue

Postby blues2win » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:54 pm

Akanji has more pace than Dias and had been in good form. I suspect that was why he was picked given Liverpools forward pace. He played well. I don’t think his inclusion damaged us at all.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Indianablue » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:49 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Indianablue wrote:

Half would agree with me, the other half are no nothing wankers
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Indianablue » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:52 pm

blues2win wrote:Akanji has more pace than Dias and had been in good form. I suspect that was why he was picked given Liverpools forward pace. He played well. I don’t think his inclusion damaged us at all.

In terms of pace i'd say it would be close. The difference is that Akanji having a good game is good for Akanji, Dias having a good game inspires others around him. He is a leader
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:12 pm

Indianablue wrote:
blues2win wrote:Akanji has more pace than Dias and had been in good form. I suspect that was why he was picked given Liverpools forward pace. He played well. I don’t think his inclusion damaged us at all.

In terms of pace i'd say it would be close. The difference is that Akanji having a good game is good for Akanji, Dias having a good game inspires others around him. He is a leader

I can’t think of one example of Akanji showing better pace than Dias.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:25 pm

So Rafa Benitez conveniently gets himself sacked so he can go back to scouse2 :-) :-)
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby stupot » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:34 pm

Haaland last season scored against Arsenal home and away, this season he scored against Liverpool at home. That's not a bad record against top teams.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:04 pm

zuricity wrote:So Rafa Benitez conveniently gets himself sacked so he can go back to scouse2 :-) :-)

I think the fat guy may be Waiting a long time fo the call
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:17 pm

Akanje was fine. A non issue for me.

Haaland is a difficult one, in hindsight going with alvarez second half would have been better but pep would have been lynched for it. Where has haalands pace gone? When he first joined he was lightening! He hasnt show that burst of pace once….
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:14 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
zuricity wrote:So Rafa Benitez conveniently gets himself sacked so he can go back to scouse2 :-) :-)

So as a possible replacement
You're not tipping him then
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:53 pm

zuricity wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

So as a possible replacement
You're not tipping him then

Just keeping the
Tab open
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum