***Dippers v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Dippers v Treble Winners Official Match Thread***

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:48 pm

blues2win wrote:I’d have taken that before the match and will certainly take it now. Worrying that we got rattled after the stupid goal. Once the subs came on we were better.

Agreed
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:50 pm

Redna wrote:Title gone. No way the murderers gonna lose a point.

:lol:
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby salford city » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:50 pm

Who knew we would continue to ahit our pants? Fucking horror show again
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:51 pm

nottsblue wrote:
stevefromdonny wrote:what has haaland done today apart from walking about

Twice in the last ten minutes Doku was away down the left and there was no lung busting run to get on the end of it. Given his game is solely based on getting into position to convert chances it was very disappointing

give over ,that's because he knows Doku can't deliver.

As for Foden shooting at the goalie from seven yards out when Haaland is on a tap in , is unforgivable ! serously and what was with the flick onto his other leg at the end instead of turning and blasting it from close range. Even Rodri lobbed a log pass to haarland at the end who was on ,if played on the ground. Stupid pass.

We were awful in the second half , pass after pass after pass going astray or overhit. We made them look better by giving the ball away all the time.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:51 pm

Thank fuck that's over. They totally overrun us after the Ake error, Eddie going off unsettled us, Kevin coming off was a bad choice. Midfield was overrun from the beginning with rodri looking lost and Alvarez offering fuck all. It's only when kova came on that rodri found his feet.

They absolutely battered us that second half. I'm happy we withstood it for a point.

Ortega excellent when he came on. Foden, de bruyne and haaland isolated with no support around them. Walker I thought was magnificent, real big game player about him today. Big props to akanji too who was superb.

We've come out of that gaff with a deserved dogged point. Hopefully hasn't taken too much out of us, beat arsenal and we have a good chance of retaining this title.
Last edited by KinkyKinkladze on Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nick » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:51 pm

Fuming.

All eyes on the swamp

Bur not sure we can beat arsenal / every other game playing like rat shit.

Haaland was embarrassing. Yes he had no service but he walked about like a cunt. Where was the drive we saw vs Luton?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby ruralblue » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:52 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Redna wrote:Title gone. No way the murderers gonna lose a point.

:lol:

It be cool the Rags will do us a favour. It'll be their weekend to win on the 7th of April.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Nick » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:53 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Thank fuck that's over. They absolutely battered us after the Ake error, Eddie going off unsettled us, Kevin coming off was a bad choice. Midfield was overrun from the beginning with rodri looking lost and Alvarez offering fuck all. It's only when kova came on that rodri found his feet.

They absolutely battered us that second half. I'm happy we withstood it for a point.

Ortega excellent when he came on. Foden, de bruyne and haaland isolated with no support around them. Walker I thought was magnificent, real big game player about him today. Big props to akanji too who was superb.

We've come out of that gaff with a deserved dogged point. Hopefully hasn't taken too much out of us, beat arsenal and we have a good chance of retaining this title.

Interesting. Thought walker was iffy defensively and would have played dias for calm over akanji
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:53 pm

zuricity wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
stevefromdonny wrote:what has haaland done today apart from walking about

Twice in the last ten minutes Doku was away down the left and there was no lung busting run to get on the end of it. Given his game is solely based on getting into position to convert chances it was very disappointing

give over ,that's because he knows Doku can't deliver.

As for Foden shooting at the goalie from seven yards out when Haaland is on a tap in , is unforgivable ! serously and what was with the flick onto his other leg at the end instead of turning and blasting it from close range. Even Rodri lobbed a log pass to haarland at the end who was on ,if played on the ground. Stupid pass.

We were awful in the second half , pass after pass after pass going astray or overhit. We made them look better by giving the ball away all the time.

Still should make the run regardless of whether he thinks he will get a chance. Sometimes you make luck and get a lucky break or rebound
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:54 pm

i dont know why people say we have a strong squad we havnt, you could see today its crap, we need to get 4-5 players in summer and not fuck around get rid of some but make sure we have a better squad
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby aaron bond » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:54 pm

1-1 probably a fair result overall.

We did well in the first half and deserved to be ahead. It was a massive shame our best defender was the one to make the mistake to let them back in it.

After the equaliser, we were largely poor. Rodri's passing was all over the place, Walker kept overhitting everything. I thought Haaland should have gone off and Alvarez gone up front to put more pressure on their defenders.

Doku did well when he came on and caused plenty of problems. Ortega made some good saves to keep us in it.

A defeat could have killed off our title hopes but the draw keeps us firmly in the race. We're way below the levels of the previous few years so I'm still not overly confident we can win the title again. But there's a reason no side has ever won 4 in a row and we're still in the hunt to do it so that's great at this stage of the season.

Hopefully Ederson's injury is not too serious.
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:54 pm

Need Villa to ride to the rescue now - but they were abysmal today, worse than us. We can safely say its in others hands now, still far from over,
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:55 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Thank fuck that's over. .

Good summary

Moving on......
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:55 pm

Nick wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Thank fuck that's over. They absolutely battered us after the Ake error, Eddie going off unsettled us, Kevin coming off was a bad choice. Midfield was overrun from the beginning with rodri looking lost and Alvarez offering fuck all. It's only when kova came on that rodri found his feet.

Interesting. Thought walker was iffy defensively and would have played dias for calm over akanji

with dias and grealish it would have been a different result - walker and alvarez were shit
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Outcast » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:56 pm

We can't beat injury riddled vermin side but we're fucking ecstatic with a point.

It's fucking embarrasing we tumble and lose our metal at this shithole for 300 years.

We'll be under enormous pressure from this point, it's not in our hands anymore but not impossible.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gaudy » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:57 pm

Absolutely shit ourselves against them again.
How we got a draw I'll never know and even more surprised they didn't jump at the chance to give them the two penalty calls
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby branny » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 pm

Nick wrote:

He struggled to cope with Diaz in the second half and I know it's not what he's there for but he was woeful in the final third.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:59 pm

Outcast wrote:We can't beat injury riddled vermin side but we're fucking ecstatic with a point.

It's fucking embarrasing we tumble and lose our metal at this shithole for 300 years.

We'll be under enormous pressure from this point, it's not in our hands anymore but not impossible.

I hear you and believe me, from the minute I joined this board I was open about the fact that I hate these cunts more than any other club...

But I'll take us winning there once every 30 years as long as we're winning trophies at the rate we are.

We're still on for a double treble, four in a row.

Let that sink in
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby sheblue » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:00 pm

Glad that's over.
Horrible second half performance.
Our defending as a team is not good.
Can't see us winning the league playing like this.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:01 pm

Not sure how we escaped from Anfield with a point.

Avarez was shocking.I know it upsets one or two,but i am going to say it anyway Haaland can be a lazy fucker.Was Schooled today by Academy players,barely bust a sweat. He had 4 touches in the first 35 minutes..In high stakes games with nothing between the 2 i think we would be better off with a player who will put a shift in,a False 9.You can not go to that place and carry passengers.

I thought the KDB Sub was shockingly bad. KDB is literally the only player in our who can hit a screamer and unlikely winner.

I thought Kovacic brought some stability to the side. i would have reverted to a False 9 at that point Haaland out there was pointless..Maybe Bobb..

Ortega had a decent game when he come on..

Fucking hate that place.We shit the Bed every time.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum