Performances at Anfield

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Performances at Anfield

Postby Bear60 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:38 pm

Leading on from what a few of us who are now getting on in years have said on the match thread I thought this subject to be worthy of its own thread . Will we ever go to that shithole and not buckle . We always seem to make a massive error then it all goes tits up . Our players are well capable of beating them in my opinion but they just fold and panick in that hostile environment . I am nearly 64!and am thinking I will never see a convincing victory in front of that horrible crowd.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Performances at Anfield

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:01 pm

Bear60 wrote:Leading on from what a few of us who are now getting on in years have said on the match thread I thought this subject to be worthy of its own thread . Will we ever go to that shithole and not buckle . We always seem to make a massive error then it all goes tits up . Our players are well capable of beating them in my opinion but they just fold and panick in that hostile environment . I am nearly 64!and am thinking I will never see a convincing victory in front of that horrible crowd.

This time next year Rodders This time next year :lol: :lol:
carolina-blue

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:02 pm

Bear60 wrote:Leading on from what a few of us who are now getting on in years have said on the match thread I thought this subject to be worthy of its own thread . Will we ever go to that shithole and not buckle . We always seem to make a massive error then it all goes tits up . Our players are well capable of beating them in my opinion but they just fold and panick in that hostile environment . I am nearly 64!and am thinking I will never see a convincing victory in front of that horrible crowd.

Feel the same, I posted on match thread if Hyde United turned up in dipper shirts & we played them, we would find a way to avoid winning. It has got to be a mental issue, however, our genius coach is responsible for some of the debacles.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:49 pm

Hate him or not Klopp has always got them well up for home games against us. Who knows what type of set up they will have with a new manager next year.
So there's always hope.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby patrickblue » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:56 pm

Now that I'm living just down the road from you, I find the only thing that isn't totally brilliant about the area is that it's uncomfortably close to dipperland.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Bear60 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:24 am

Yea mate and there’s a lot of em round here too and rags
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:25 am

This was our best chance in years to beat them at that awful place. A depleted team with no Salah and a patched up defense with some kids brought in. Alas we found a way to fuck it up and the mistake came from our best defender this season which makes it even harder to swallow.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Return to The Maine Football forum