KDB new contract

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: KDB new contract

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:04 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Kevin at 10percent is better than any of the alternatives currently at the club which is a reflection on our poor recruitment.

We cant afford to lose him this summer with gundo gone last and bernie likely off we need him to stay.

And as someone mentioned we would prob waste the 100m on some shitehawk from palace or wolves or west ham

Foden?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:04 pm

Club probably waiting for him to stop fuckin about with Belgium before we know what to offer him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:21 pm

Nick wrote:But Carl the rules are changing and we seem ok with spunking big fees on bit part players. We also went big for rice and Bellingham

We knee jerked and bought average players for a lot of money that have had zero impact on improving us............we cannot make that mistake again int he next window.

80 million for Gvardiol and how much was it for nunes ? stupid buys IMO.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nick » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:35 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nick wrote:But Carl the rules are changing and we seem ok with spunking big fees on bit part players. We also went big for rice and Bellingham

We knee jerked and bought average players for a lot of money that have had zero impact on improving us............we cannot make that mistake again int he next window.

But what makes us think it won't stop? When was the last great buy? I genuinely can't think? Dias??

Who is even out there. The only one I hear about is wirtz who I've never seen. But as above we can't keep losing players. Rather lose walker.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby MIAMCFC » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:22 am

KDB can do what he wants, he’s earned it. For me the deeper role in MF would be the way to allow us watch the Rolls Royce of
Players. How some see him out of the door just like that !
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:37 am

MIAMCFC wrote:KDB can do what he wants, he’s earned it. For me the deeper role in MF would be the way to allow us watch the Rolls Royce of

Quite a few players that have “earned the right to do what they want”. Fuck me wed still have Yaya and Aguero starting now if we played those games.

No player is bigger than the club
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:57 am

Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:KDB can do what he wants, he’s earned it. For me the deeper role in MF would be the way to allow us watch the Rolls Royce of

Quite a few players that have “earned the right to do what they want”. Fuck me wed still have Yaya and Aguero starting now if we played those games.

I reckon that's why Mo got rid at chavski ! Big headed lazy git he is :lol: :lol:
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:36 am

He can do what he wants ? If some of you ran Man City we would go bankrupt :lol:
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:37 am

Mase wrote:

Spot on Mase...some fans are just that , fans with little to no thought for the business side of the club.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:39 am

Nick wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

But what makes us think it won't stop? When was the last great buy? I genuinely can't think? Dias??

Who is even out there. The only one I hear about is wirtz who I've never seen. But as above we can't keep losing players. Rather lose walker.

It has to stop otherwise we end up being in the same clueless club as Chelsea and the Munchens are in.

Thankfully , we have not fucked up too badly when buying players over the last decade or so but the next buys have to be spot on IMO..no more Nuneses!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:48 am

The summer window needs to bring in at least one top of the range midfielder with an eye on KDB featuring less and maybe dropping deeper? Get shut of Phillips and Nunes and we would need at least one more in the middle. I'd say left back as well but Pep seems adamant in filling that role with what we have. Heard Tierney is available again I'd take him on a pay as you play as he cannot seem to stay fit
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:52 am

Nick wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Haaland.

Grealish was a good signing too despite what the rags and media would have you believe.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:59 am

Dubciteh wrote:
Nick wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Haaland.

Grealish was a good signing too despite what the rags and media would have you believe.

Alvarez

£15M for him. A superb piece of business

Also Ake had been a great buy
And for what he cost and for versatility I’d suggest Akanji deserves credit
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:08 pm

Our hit rate with transfers is absolutely phenomenal imo.

Of course we'll get the odd kalvin phillips but we get a lot less of those signings than most other top clubs.

Re kdb, I'd love to replace him with oddegard (impossible unfortunately) when the time comes.

Has the time come?

Absolutely not
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Nick » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:17 pm

Sorry forgot alvarez and haaland. Haaland was obvious and not sure pep even wanted him (club signing).

Ake was BEFORE dias.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:27 pm

Amazing that we won the treble at all with all the terrible/average signings.

If we had a decent transfer policy we'd be on our third treble march now instead of our second :evil:
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john@staustell » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:37 pm

Original Dub wrote:Amazing that we won the treble at all with all the terrible/average signings.

If we had a decent transfer policy we'd be on our third treble march now instead of our second :evil:

Yeah it's been piss poor last few years. Bring back the late Alan Ball. I did so enjoy those 320 mile trips back home with an unshakeable 9/10 year old lad in the 90s, after the latest horrible defeat

As for kdb, his age tells me a treble and 100m quid is a fitting way to bow out
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:34 pm

You said it John
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:34 pm

Apart from Haaland, which recently signing was integral to us winning the treble?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:50 pm

Mase wrote:Apart from Haaland, which recently signing was integral to us winning the treble?

Kind of hard to answer because every player involved in the treble was signed at different times pal
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum