***Treble Winners v Newcastle Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Newcastle Official Match Thread***

Postby Original Dub » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:27 am

The talk of hasland fading away at the end last season I'd well wide of the mark.

I rewatched the real madrid semi last night and how he didn't have a hatrick I'll never know. His movement was sensational and curtois was cat like
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby stupot » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:28 am

zuricity wrote:Were you all watching the game yesterday , he is running into space and he is not being supplied. Doku alone had several clear chances to play him in. Foden starts being greedy and shoots from anywhere.

That's exactly it, he made loads of runs just like at Luton in the last round but unfortunately there was no Kev to put him in.
Kova was great again as was Akanji and Gvardiol who I think will get better and better now for us.
Bobb is so much better than Doku for me, so clever when he came on.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:15 am

stupot wrote:
zuricity wrote:Were you all watching the game yesterday , he is running into space and he is not being supplied. Doku alone had several clear chances to play him in. Foden starts being greedy and shoots from anywhere.

That's exactly it, he made loads of runs just like at Luton in the last round but unfortunately there was no Kev to put him in.
Kova was great again as was Akanji and Gvardiol who I think will get better and better now for us.
Bobb is so much better than Doku for me, so clever when he came on.

Next season Silvio will have no trouble finding Haarland. This kid is good.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:21 am

Outcast wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Haaland was very poor today ( Again ) and yet he received very little criticism on here.Hes turned into a lazy cunt.
Don't think so, he's getting a good kicking at close quarters every week from at least two defenders which creates the room for Foden, Doku et al to exploit. Seems Akanji's fleetness of foot has earned him a regular starring berth too.

He is 100% not running into spaces as he did last season and his head seems to drop recently when things don't go his way....that's how I see it.

To be fair Carl, we'd have no players left if its down to you.

Good point
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum