Season ticket prices

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Season ticket prices

Postby Scatman » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 am

Nick how do you know those saying don't moan aren't season ticket holders? It looks to me that those who have commented all have one or more.

I actually was surprised the rise was only 4 or 5% this year. I was expecting more. Mine has gone up £35 I think
I'd rather it didn't but I'm not too unhappy.

And I'm not sure you're right about the club risking it being half empty. Midweek games are a struggle for me and whenever I have listed my ticket on Seat Exchange it has sold within an hour. Who has bought it I do not know but there is clearly no shortage of demand.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby stupot » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:10 am

Scatman wrote:Nick how do you know those saying don't moan aren't season ticket holders? It looks to me that those who have commented all have one or more.

I actually was surprised the rise was only 4 or 5% this year. I was expecting more. Mine has gone up £35 I think

And I'm not sure you're right about the club risking it being half empty. Midweek games are a struggle for me and whenever I have listed my ticket on Seat Exchange it has sold within an hour. Who has bought it I do not know but there is clearly no shortage of demand.

I think Nick's dead right personally. Some have commented and some have said don't moan and I'm pretty sure the 2nd lot aren't the season ticket holders.
I've had a season ticket for over 50 years and will do for as long as i'm in good health. I'm quite happy about the price and increase- what's out of order is the email yesterday giving today until April 4th to get one when every other year it's been May. No advance notice, no warning. Luckily i can afford it, some people are going to have to make some quick alternative arrangements.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:50 am

I don’t think we can be surprised, the club started with the - pay more money and get more points, nonsense years ago.

I don’t think price is an issue. My dad said his has gone up £70 which isn’t a lot when you think about the quality we’re getting.

It’s the deadline I think most will have issue with. Why back loyal fans into a corner? Seems like they’re doing everything to get rid of the old time loyal fans.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:08 am

The way round the earlier date is to pay by standing order. Over time if the Club keep putting up the price some fans will fall by the wayside. There will be no trouble getting replacements even with the extension to the North stand. Still how does this change the complexion of the fan base?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:06 pm

Just pay by DD - means you don't have to 'find the money earlier than normal' and there is no cost to doing it
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:08 pm

Don't think having to find between £40 and £90 a month is pricing out the working man - I bet most people squander that on things they don't really need right now
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:37 pm

Nickyboy wrote:Don't think having to find between £40 and £90 a month is pricing out the working man - I bet most people squander that on things they don't really need right now

The price increase works out at an extra £3.67 per game for my dad :lol: a burger outside the ground costs more than that!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Scatman » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:06 pm

stupot wrote:
Scatman wrote:Nick how do you know those saying don't moan aren't season ticket holders? It looks to me that those who have commented all have one or more.

I think Nick's dead right personally. Some have commented and some have said don't moan and I'm pretty sure the 2nd lot aren't the season ticket holders.
I've had a season ticket for over 50 years and will do for as long as i'm in good health. I'm quite happy about the price and increase- what's out of order is the email yesterday giving today until April 4th to get one when every other year it's been May. No advance notice, no warning. Luckily i can afford it, some people are going to have to make some quick alternative arrangements.

It does seem short notice but honestly, who hasn't already decided if they are renewing next year or can't make the decision by next week?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:25 pm

Scatman wrote:
who hasn't already decided if they are renewing next year or can't make the decision by next week?

They should let everyone wait to see if we can get rid of Phillips and Nunes first and then let people decide. Only fair.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MIAMCFC » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:14 pm

It would have been a touch to say We are freezing them this year. Treble won have that guys. The chat would be WOW!!
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:10 am

blues2win wrote:The way round the earlier date is to pay by standing order. Over time if the Club keep putting up the price some fans will fall by the wayside. There will be no trouble getting replacements even with the extension to the North stand. Still how does this change the complexion of the fan base?

You can't worry about the fan base, youngsters are growing up with City as a successful team. They will want to be part of it. Further , if tourists are buying up exchange tickets for wednesday night pl games because a season ticket holder, perhaps no longer living close to the ground can't make it , so what ?.

Where we are now cerainly beats "singing in the rain" in the Gene Kelly stand.

I could send 10 guys every home game from La Suisse, no problem. If we had an 80,000 seater stadium everyone would be pleased that tourists were coming

Btw , wait until Klipperty moves on and their eventual decline happens ( oh and it will) , they will soon keep quiet about blue seats.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby BlueinBosnia » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:28 pm

zuricity wrote:I could send 10 guys every home game from La Suisse, no problem. If we had an 80,000 seater stadium everyone would be pleased that tourists were coming

Genuine question: Would they be there "to watch Manchester City play" or there because they're (new) City supporters?

That's one thing I see with the Spanish teams: people want to be able to go and say they've seen the team play in the flesh, even though they're not supporters (I've done so myself), but wouldn't do it week in, week out. However, waiting at a bus stop earlier, I saw a group of 7 Russian people, who I'd have put in the age range 30-40. 3 of them were wearing City clobber (two t-shirts, one also with a visible keyring, and one backpack). I don't understand how you can start 'supporting' a team at that age, especially with no connections (like Dzeko with BiH, Haaland with Norway, etc.) to your country (unless there's been a wave of 'Akanji fever' in Switzerland).
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:37 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
zuricity wrote:I could send 10 guys every home game from La Suisse, no problem. If we had an 80,000 seater stadium everyone would be pleased that tourists were coming

Genuine question: Would they be there "to watch Manchester City play" or there because they're (new) City supporters?

That's one thing I see with the Spanish teams: people want to be able to go and say they've seen the team play in the flesh, even though they're not supporters (I've done so myself), but wouldn't do it week in, week out. However, waiting at a bus stop earlier, I saw a group of 7 Russian people, who I'd have put in the age range 30-40. 3 of them were wearing City clobber (two t-shirts, one also with a visible keyring, and one backpack). I don't understand how you can start 'supporting' a team at that age, especially with no connections (like Dzeko with BiH, Haaland with Norway, etc.) to your country (unless there's been a wave of 'Akanji fever' in Switzerland).

Spot on.

Back in the day if I’d been in Barcelona I’d have tried to go to a Barca match just to say I’d been to watch them in the flesh. I wouldn’t follow them every week though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:26 pm

It could have been worse......... Forest have put theirs up by at least 22.5% & Kid tickets a whopping 111%!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68835277
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:45 pm

CTID Hants wrote:It could have been worse......... Forest have put theirs up by at least 22.5% & Kid tickets a whopping 111%!!!!

Really really ill thought through decision. And reading the article, it seems Forest are not alone. And virtually all the extra income will simply go on Divock Origi’s salary. Who quite frankly, has done less than the square root of fuck all.

It won’t be long before people will say enough is enough and simply vote with their feet and full stadiums become a thing of the past. Not dissimilar to the 1980s.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby stupot » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:19 pm

nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:It could have been worse......... Forest have put theirs up by at least 22.5% & Kid tickets a whopping 111%!!!!

Really really ill thought through decision. And reading the article, it seems Forest are not alone. And virtually all the extra income will simply go on Divock Origi’s salary. Who quite frankly, has done less than the square root of fuck all.

It won’t be long before people will say enough is enough and simply vote with their feet and full stadiums become a thing of the past. Not dissimilar to the 1980s.

Full stadiums won't be a thing of the past. It's getting harder and harder to get a ticket. There's a massive waiting list for season tickets and for all we moan my season ticket in Colin Bell lower near the half way line is £900 next season. Everyone that puts a ticket on ticket exchange gets them snapped up straight away. My wife is off to see Stevie Nicks in June at the new Co-Op Arena and it's £110. Footballs cheap by comparison.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby salford city » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:23 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Another example of PS for me. Clubs who have limited capacity will look to hike up prices to increase the revenue.Poor tming from Forest
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:47 pm

stupot wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Full stadiums won't be a thing of the past. It's getting harder and harder to get a ticket. There's a massive waiting list for season tickets and for all we moan my season ticket in Colin Bell lower near the half way line is £900 next season. Everyone that puts a ticket on ticket exchange gets them snapped up straight away. My wife is off to see Stevie Nicks in June at the new Co-Op Arena and it's £110. Footballs cheap by comparison.

There may well be waiting lists. The article says Forest has 11000 on theirs. But when push comes to shove to actually get one and pay for it I suspect it is a different matter. I think a lot of clubs give priority to fans for tickets who are on a said waiting list and this is the reason so many people are on them.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:03 pm

Reference to concerts its a joke..everything in life is crazy money and people are more skint than ever. I have a well paid job - how do others cope ?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby stupot » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:18 pm

Nick wrote:Reference to concerts its a joke..everything in life is crazy money and people are more skint than ever. I have a well paid job - how do others cope ?

Why's it a joke- it's showing what people pay for a night out in the entertainment industry.
People obviously do cope as you'd see if you ever try to get an away ticket. We've sold our allocation for Wembley for the semi which we never used to do.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum