Season ticket prices

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Season ticket prices

Postby blues2win » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:58 am

Hiked yet again.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: Season ticket prices

Postby stupot » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:01 pm

blues2win wrote:Hiked yet again.

And only got from Thursday 21st March to 4th April to renew.
It's been at the end of the season every other year.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:24 pm

Yep. Frustrating.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Scatman » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:25 pm

Hiked by how much?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:32 pm

The working mans game.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby stupot » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:33 pm

Scatman wrote:Hiked by how much?

Mines Colin Bell Lower up from £855 to £900 so 5%.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:03 pm

sheblue wrote:The working mans game.

Hasn't been since the abolition of standing IMO
That was the catalyst for prices to rocket

We make so much money from sponsors and TV and winning stuff that in reality we could charge a nominal £20 to get in and it wouldn't affect us that much
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:09 pm

nottsblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:The working mans game.

Hasn't been since the abolition of standing IMO
That was the catalyst for prices to rocket

We make so much money from sponsors and TV and winning stuff that in reality we could charge a nominal £20 to get in and it wouldn't affect us that much

The abolition of standing. I wonder who we have to thank for that.
But it might not be their fault.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby belleebee » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:02 pm

stupot wrote:

Disappointing and a PR own goal. Can’t complain for myself as I’m fortunate enough to be able to afford it but I know there are many who are under real financial pressure which this price hike will only add to. It’s also strange that the club are asking for payment two and a half months earlier than usual. I’d advise anyone who pays upfront to switch to monthly direct debit since this effectively gives you an interest free loan repaid in instalments over the course of the season, with the first payment not taken until July.
belleebee
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby salford city » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:56 pm

belleebee wrote:
stupot wrote:

Disappointing and a PR own goal. Can’t complain for myself as I’m fortunate enough to be able to afford it but I know there are many who are under real financial pressure which this price hike will only add to. It’s also strange that the club are asking for payment two and a half months earlier than usual. I’d advise anyone who pays upfront to switch to monthly direct debit since this effectively gives you an interest free loan repaid in instalments over the course of the season, with the first payment not taken until July.

Agree with the DD advice . it's something that I've been doing wirh my 3 seasoncards since they offered it and as Hazy says, you don't start paying til July. Looking to move ours this year as daughter is 16 and getting too old for family stand so will have to keep an eye on the date
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nick » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 pm

Fan group calling out they want to replace us with tourists
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby gilford » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:51 pm

I’ve been on the waiting list for a season ticket for over a decade!

I want one for me and my daughter, we live 2.5hrs away but when she was a toddler thought it would be a great “daddy daughter” thing to do, still can’t get one and now she’s 14!

I’d happily pay the going price but they never seem to be available.
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:05 pm

gilford wrote:I’ve been on the waiting list for a season ticket for over a decade!

I want one for me and my daughter, we live 2.5hrs away but when she was a toddler thought it would be a great “daddy daughter” thing to do, still can’t get one and now she’s 14!

You may have some luck when the new stand is built? Fingers crossed for you
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby patrickblue » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:06 pm

gilford wrote:I’ve been on the waiting list for a season ticket for over a decade!

Price of success I suppose. Fortunately got mine way back when we were shite.
Same with away games, I used to do loads back in the day, can't get tickets for love nor money now.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby gilford » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:45 pm

I do corporate (or prawn sandwich brigade) a couple of times a year to get my fix, it’s so expensive though, would easily pay for two season tickets if I could get hold of them!
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:58 pm

Stop complaining , we are cheap to watch considering we are the best team on planet earth !
Its a business and not a charity !! and ill repeat , we are fuckign cheap to watch compared to other so called top teams.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby salford city » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:43 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Stop complaining , we are cheap to watch considering we are the best team on planet earth !
Its a business and not a charity !! and ill repeat , we are fuckign cheap to watch compared to other so called top teams.

True mate and to be fair to the club, we have always been. I consider myself lucky to have and be able to afford three need anorher for my 5 yr old but he will have to wait. The extra tier should help those without but, ultimately, we are the best team on God's green earth and have been for some time and I struggle with people saying the prices should not go up
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby zuricity » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:02 am

salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Stop complaining , we are cheap to watch considering we are the best team on planet earth !

True mate and to be fair to the club, we have always been. I consider myself lucky to have and be able to afford three need anorher for my 5 yr old but he will have to wait. The extra tier should help those without but, ultimately, we are the best team on God's green earth and have been for some time and I struggle with people saying the prices should not go up

Carl is dead right here. You are a season ticket holder and all that it offers , good ( or bad). There is a reason you are a season ticket holder.

You know that renewals come every year . what is the problem ? lack of planning on your behalf ?

Do you know how many "Local" ( i mean Manc) City fans would jump at the chance to get a season ticket,

The Stadium needs to be expanded to 90,000 not 66,000. At Maine Rd in the early sixties, mostly standing we sometimes had 66,000 in there ( reported ad 40,000) , still had room though. The average guy could not afford the weekly living costs , never mind City season tickets,

Today the average unemployed person ( poss Scouse ??) has a TV on the wall with Sky, paid for by the Government . Doesn't need a season ticket.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:18 am

It's weird and also ironic that those saying don't moan aren't season ticket holders...

And the cheeky comment about poor planning.. the club are now asking for the money 2 months early.

Now personally - I don't mind. I have two season tickets and continue to pay regardless. My best mate is debating not renewing or keeping and selling on (I've given him shit for this as he barely goes at is is and always uses this excuse).

My issue is more around

1) this is surely based on ffp type crap. The club don't need money. Pep moans about shit atmosphere. We have empty seats midweek and shit ko times.. links to 2

2) price rises contribute to the key issue of tourist neutrals taking up a large chunk of seats and also touts and people reselling big games for 100s. Do the club want to replace long standing fans with more day tripper type fans that will pay may for one off games and packages ?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:21 am

And related to high inflation in the country etc.. pretty sure to zurics point going to a game cost less than a pint. Whereas close to £100 for ONE game or £100 per month without the extras is hardly comparable to a pint etc..

The club risks being able to sell arsenal Liverpool United Madrid 100x over but then having it half empty for midweek games or 12pm vs luton

And if they want more money for the games with higher demand. How about they drop prices for midweek - bad ko times - "lesser teams"? And charge crazy prices to tourists for those big games ?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum