***Treble Winners v Arsenal Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Arsenal Official Match Thread***

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:59 pm

Agree when we have those days when players look lost he has to roll the dice and change to something different. Bobb. False 9. Something! We could have played another 2 hours. Had 48 corners and probably still only managed one shot on target.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:05 am

This utter nonsense from Pep is beyond irritating now. His man-management is totally crap. Imagine picking a player that’s 1. Clearly a confidence player, I can see from miles away Grealish needs an arm around him and telling when he’s done well - to get the best out of him, and 2. Just come back from injury and has come on in a game like that

The players he could have picked to do that to and he chose Grealish. What an absolute bellend he can be.

A lot on here go on about Mancini losing it against QPR - screaming and shouting at the players when we were 2-1 down. This is absolutely no different. If he can’t control his emotions until he’s in the dressing room then there’s something wrong.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby MIAMCFC » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:19 am

Mase wrote:

This utter nonsense from Pep is beyond irritating now. His man-management is totally crap. Imagine picking a player that’s 1. Clearly a confidence player, I can see from miles away Grealish needs an arm around him and telling when he’s done well - to get the best out of him, and 2. Just come back from injury and has come on in a game like that

The players he could have picked to do that to and he chose Grealish. What an absolute bellend he can be.

A lot on here go on about Mancini losing it against QPR - screaming and shouting at the players when we were 2-1 down. This is absolutely no different. If he can’t control his emotions until he’s in the dressing room then there’s something wrong.

I love Pep doing this. It shows us al, he wants it all. For me carte blanch he is the GOAT crack on Pep.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:26 am

MIAMCFC wrote:
Mase wrote:

I love Pep doing this. It shows us al, he wants it all. For me carte blanch he is the GOAT crack on Pep.

Is bollocking a player the only way to show us he wants it all? Very weird.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:36 am

I think Grealish is perfectly capable of taking a minor bollocking, He strikes me as a bit too cocky occasionally. No harm done.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:47 am

blues2win wrote:I think Grealish is perfectly capable of taking a minor bollocking, He strikes me as a bit too cocky occasionally. No harm done.

On the pitch or off? Hes been injured so I’m guessing not on the pitch. What instances has he been too cock recently?

Stopping to speak with disabled kids? Signing autographs for everyone?

Or did you read in the Daily Mail he did something cocky? Would be great to see examples mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:14 am

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:I think Grealish is perfectly capable of taking a minor bollocking, He strikes me as a bit too cocky occasionally. No harm done.

On the pitch or off? Hes been injured so I’m guessing not on the pitch. What instances has he been too cock recently?

Or did you read in the Daily Mail he did something cocky? Would be great to see examples mate.

I don't think he's cocky but he can certainly take a minor bollocking..
The difference between Mancini and Pep is chalk and cheese. Mancini had lost the plot as well as the dressing room. Pep i think was annoyed with Grealish who i thought did well in his cameo overall for taking on the 1 extra person right near the end of the game and losing the ball. You only have to listen to some of Jack's interviews about Pep to see how he regards him.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby MIAMCFC » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:28 am

stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:

I don't think he's cocky but he can certainly take a minor bollocking..
The difference between Mancini and Pep is chalk and cheese. Mancini had lost the plot as well as the dressing room. Pep i think was annoyed with Grealish who i thought did well in his cameo overall for taking on the 1 extra person right near the end of the game and losing the ball. You only have to listen to some of Jack's interviews about Pep to see how he regards him.

Hiya Mase, I honestly think Jack needs to find that swagger he had. I accept he is off rather back of a crazy injury plagued season, but that game needed 1 magical moment like we have seen from others. 1 goal beats wankers like them.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby blues2win » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:35 am

None of us are close enough to our players to know them but he always seems to me to be grinning away not taking things seriously. Can be a bit annoying at times. Never read the Daily Mail. An occasional bollocking to bring him up short won’t do him any harm. Pep’s man management. Spot on. He’s got plenty of silverware on the side board to prove it.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:43 am

It’s not occasional with Jack though is it? He’s publicly called him out in interviews with the media a few times - once while he was injured and couldn’t actually do anything on the pitch!!

Good job Pep’s wife doesn’t live with him I reckon..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:09 am

I completely buy the argument that Grealish holds on to the ball well and tracks back energetically. I think he could do more on the ball at times and at his best he’s shown that. Tricky balance because Pep gets pissed off when his wide players try to do too much and lose the ball. That’s life at the top of European football. I’m sure Grealish wouldn’t trade it.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:36 am

blues2win wrote:I completely buy the argument that Grealish holds on to the ball well and tracks back energetically. I think he could do more on the ball at times and at his best he’s shown that. Tricky balance because Pep gets pissed off when his wide players try to do too much and lose the ball. That’s life at the top of European football. I’m sure Grealish wouldn’t trade it.

Absolutely not, I agree.

But yesterday, of all the players to do that with I think Jack should have been very low on the list. Bollock Kev for being shite all game. Bollock Haaland for doing his Casper impression. Don’t make a meal of Jack going passed a player at the end that didn’t work out in front of all the cameras for the media to build it up. It’s just silly.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Indianablue » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:37 am

Mase wrote:

Praise in public, criticise in private
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby blues2win » Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:59 am

https://x.com/cityzen_jnr/status/177484 ... 9Awxy5lqVQ

Perhaps our best moment of the match. Brilliant by Rico. Crying out for a return pass from Phil. Why oh why!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby blues2win » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:05 am

https://x.com/kevrole/status/1774834285 ... 9Awxy5lqVQ

Here’s Anthony Taylor at his brilliant best. City players being scythed down left right and centre. Not a card in sight.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby blues2win » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:42 pm

https://x.com/skysportsnews/status/1775 ... 9Awxy5lqVQ

Journalist asks about Pep having a post match chat with Grealish. He gets a pretty dusty and pretty good answer.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:55 pm

blues2win wrote:https://x.com/skysportsnews/status/1775156733335265725?s=61&t=6ifllXVJePmO9Awxy5lqVQ

Journalist asks about Pep having a post match chat with Grealish. He gets a pretty dusty and pretty good answer.

Why’s Pep shaking like a shitting dog. Trying to harness that rage :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum