***Treble Winners v Arsenal Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Arsenal Official Match Thread***

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:41 pm

Can't believe that Odegaard is claiming they came to try and win were unlucky not to snatch a victory. Only Ten Hag's stupid comment about City having nearly as difficult a game at Brentford can compare.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby s1ty m » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Disgusting performance but not surprising as Pep has got next to fuckall from the top 5 teams in the prem this season...that's why we will not win it.

No chance.

Absolutely none. 1 shit on target. Fuck the possession stats, 1 shot on target. Not good enough.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:50 pm

Gvardiol had a shocker. Every ball he played forward was misplaced. Doesn't understand that you have to play players in,when they run into space. The only time his passing was ok was when playing it backwards today. Also his control was poor losing the ball a few times. He managed a couple of good tackles though.

As for Doku, well, he just doesn't have it does he.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:01 pm

Again, if Pep wants a small squad we need a better transfer window this summer.

No Phillips, Nunes, Gomez’s please. Even Kova shouldn’t be a starter for us.

We need to be looking at top players.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:03 pm

Cheer up. Surely Ten Bob will see off the dippers next week. LOL!
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:09 pm

s1ty m wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Disgusting performance but not surprising as Pep has got next to fuckall from the top 5 teams in the prem this season...that's why we will not win it.

No chance.

Absolutely none. 1 shit on target. Fuck the possession stats, 1 shot on target. Not good enough.

I definitely did not miss the bowl, so that's two today.

Coat is already on.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:11 pm

Pep had better start playing Bobb into being a regular starter, he has shown to me that he has everything and not as a wide player necessarily, probably in the position that Alvarez has been playing recently. Mark my words, this boy has it all and should have seen pitch time today !!! He’s at least twice the player Kova is. Kev is showing signs of decline, I think this may be his last season, just didn’t really influence the game today, I hope I’m wrong about him. We are not winning the league this season I fear
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:15 pm

zuricity wrote:Gvardiol had a shocker. Every ball he played forward was misplaced. Doesn't understand that you have to play players in,when they run into space. The only time his passing was ok was when playing it backwards today. Also his control was poor losing the ball a few times. He managed a couple of good tackles though.

Every time Gvardiol had the chance to put a quick ball in/ go down the line he played it backwards or came inside. Having said that, he looked more comfortable today and was the best of a bad bunch.
Don't get me started on Doku.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:19 pm

Disappointing. For a number of reasons. Not having a shot at goal more often being the biggest one. One shot on target and that was a cross that hit Ake’s shoulder is shockingly poor.

Once again too many of our star players were well off form, KDB and Foden just didn’t threaten Arsenal’s defence anywhere near enough. And I’m sorry, but Haaland was anonymous once again and his disinterested demeanour can’t just be shrugged off as he isn’t getting the service.

However we did keep a clean sheet which is no mean feat against the PL’s top scorers. And we didn’t lose any ground on Arsenal. Still got 9 games left to duke it out and you never know. Though I will expect a reaction on Wednesday v Villa
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:38 pm

We had a Lidl goose for Easter - City's title challenge is like me tonight - Goosed :lol: :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby salford city » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:59 pm

zuricity wrote:Gvardiol had a shocker. Every ball he played forward was misplaced. Doesn't understand that you have to play players in,when they run into space. The only time his passing was ok was when playing it backwards today. Also his control was poor losing the ball a few times. He managed a couple of good tackles though.

Wow Zuri, I thought he did well today. Poor game, his peers were shite
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Indianablue » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:24 pm

Sorry by your judgement of Gvardiol in this game is way off the mark. He played well,
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:25 pm

salford city wrote:

Wow Zuri, I thought he did well today. Poor game, his peers were shite

You might need a replay , watch what he did going forward. bloody awful
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:28 pm

Indianablue wrote:

Sorry by your judgement of Gvardiol in this game is way off the mark. He played well,

er, i don't think so. Please tell me what he did that was good . He did tackle back twice , i think , when he had screwed up beforehand. He was shockingly poor today. Even the cross , that the goalie made a big deal of , was still a poor cross.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby ayrshireblue » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:33 pm

Gvardiol was one of the only players looking to get forward, he can't pass to people who aren't making runs for him. Seems as if he's been told not to just throw crosses into the box and going by Haaland's movement or lack of then it would have been pointless. Zuricity is trying to make a scapegoat out of a player who had a reasonable game, De Bruyne, Haaland, Bernardo and Foden all had far worse games.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:45 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:Gvardiol was one of the only players looking to get forward, he can't pass to people who aren't making runs for him. Seems as if he's been told not to just throw crosses into the box and going by Haaland's movement or lack of then it would have been pointless. Zuricity is trying to make a scapegoat out of a player who had a reasonable game, De Bruyne, Haaland, Bernardo and Foden all had far worse games.

No i am not, not at all. He did not play well. Neither did Foden or De Bruyne. However , when players like De Bruyne get into good spaces around the box, Gvardiol has to play to them / him. He turned around and played a safe pass back to midfield. How are we going to score goals if we don't go forward ?
De Bruyne must wonder "why bother ?".

Late in the second half , he moves into midfield no pressure and passes aimlessly to the Arse , why ? WHY ? any attempt at passing beyond a backward pass to the defence ends up lost.
Sorry he was not good today, there were some poor performances today , but in my eyes our best player was Rodri. He never gave up.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Blue Jam » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:18 pm

We've handed Klopperty his leaving present.
Bollocks.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Goater

Postby patrickblue » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:33 pm

Indianablue wrote:

This, I think you're in a minority of one Zuri.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:35 pm

Mase wrote:When was the last time we had a 0-0?

Didn’t think we’d miss Gundo this much.

Neither did I, but he's been the difference between last season and this.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I was not expecting that from Arsenal. No real intent when I thought that they’d be going for the win, instead Tony Pulis took over their tactics today.

Once bitten, twice shy. They tried playing football against us in the corresponding fixture last season and we tore them a new one.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum