***Treble Winners v Villa Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Villa Official Match Thread***

Postby Indianablue » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:36 pm

Thought the ref let alot go again tonight, Several players could have been booked for their challenges yet they don't even get a talking to. The blatant abuse of the head contact rule to stop play or City from catching them out of position is something that needs to be sorted out. You don't need tactical fouling if you can feign injury without any consequences. Never saw a sponge bag on the pitch tonight but how many stoppages did we have?
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:44 pm

I know this is probably obvious to some but I'll roll with it because I have a spare few minutes...

How often has alvarez been played as a striker this season and what is his return whilst being played out of position?

It's seriously impressive.

Tbh I think there's an agreement that haaland has to start when he wants to and I absolutely love haaland.

But if haaland never signed, I'd wager we might be at least as good if alvarez was played in the aguero role.
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:44 pm

blues2win wrote:I realise Villa have looked dangerous on the odd transition but this is a really good performance from the lads. Full credit.

This set-up is perfect for those that park the bus and I’m amazed that Pep continued with Erling and Kev. Don’t get me wrong, those two have been superb but to bring them both back in after injury, seemed to me a little flawed. I get that we need them for the closing stretch of the season and need to give them minutes, but against that which would give us points where we dropped?

Tonight, we were superb and only allowed them a couple of breaks, which, even them, I was slating Pep for due to his compunction of playing the game for football reasons.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:45 pm

If pep fucks with foden it's because kev is bigger than the club.

I've always thought kev wasn't a great ego with when he's been captain and he moans at everyone.

Haaland was all smiles tonight so who knows but he's been a moany cunt on the pitch today and only game I've seen him up for it was Luton.

Pep "fodens free kick villas fault"
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:46 pm

Original Dub wrote:I know this is probably obvious to some but I'll roll with it because I have a spare few minutes...

How often has alvarez been played as a striker this season and what is his return whilst being played out of position?

Tbh I think there's an agreement that haaland has to start when he wants to and I absolutely love haaland.

But if haaland never signed, I'd wager we might be at least as good if alvarez was played in the aguero role.

Bang on.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:47 pm

Brilliant, Pep thinking of points to make the CL.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:51 pm

Also might mean nothing to most but fuck off grealish saying "Wayne Rooney goal" to a boy hood blue you gimp
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:56 pm

BT fucktards think spurs will be last game of season lololol
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:35 pm

Where do wee feature on motd?

Have I missed it?
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby stupot » Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:21 pm

Fantastic hat trick from Phil, Rodri sensational again, really impressed with Ortega. Read a few slagging Akanji off but for me the only poor defender tonight was Dias who was 1 9f 3 poor players for us alongside Alvarez and Silva.
Doku far better on the right although he still can't shoot and Rico brilliant again.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:40 am

Original Dub wrote:I know this is probably obvious to some but I'll roll with it because I have a spare few minutes...

Very rare I agree with anything you say but you are spot on .
Alvarez was and is an unbelievable player and he’s proved it in Latin America being voted the best player of the year - he was FUNDAMENTAL for Argentina winning the World Cup and has already scored plenty of goals last season for us and helped us win the fucking prem!! How soon some fans forget this ffs !!!!!!

This season pep has been played everywhere but rarely his preferred position - he does so much work off the ball and yet the haters want him hung drawn and quartered .

Theres a a fucking reason why his value has soared to over 75 million !!!

I give up ! I hope we fucking sell him and he plays against us and dumps us out of the CL or whatever comp we are in - I’d love it !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:25 am

Indianablue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Indianablue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:sorry but alvarez is crap

The Argentinian Paul Dickov should never, ever, EVER, EVER be allowed anywhere near taking a set piece for as long as he exists. I want to see some of the senior players - all of them in fact, and the manager - growing a pair of fucking nackers and telling him to get the fuck into the six yard box where he can actually do some damage and leave taking set pieces to the senior boys who can actually do it properly.

You my friend are talking complete shite, In fact it's probably the worst comment i have read on this forum for years.

he is the weak link in this team

Another one talking shite. Are you two a fucking double act?
Akanji
Nunes
Grealish
Doku
Stones let down by his brittleness
Walker how he can walk and talk is beyond me , but he can run fast

If you think that was the worst thing you've read here, you need to read a few more of my posts. :lol:

I will tell you what, though. Find stuff of me criticising Walker, Akanji, Nunes, Grealish, Stones and Doku and come back to me. You won't though. Don't put words in my mouth that I haven't said and then have a pop at me for it. Guaranteed to get on people's tits that little trick.

If you think Alvarez is a better set piece taker than Bernardo, Foden, KdB, et al., then that is your business. I think he is shit at them. Shit corners to the first man and shit free kicks into the crowd, the odd one aside. We get so few free kicks we can't waste them on him. He is worth more to us in the box than that. He may see himself as a little Messi, but that does not mean he actually is that player. He needs to be in and around the goal to cause most mischief imo. He could have had goals last night but his shots were mostly on target and saved. This is why I think he should be in and around the box not wasted elsewhere.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Indianablue » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:16 am

I probabably won't see you criticising any of the players i named and that is the point. They are my words not yours and those players are ahead of Alvarez in terms of being weak links in our team. Alvarez is excellent at striking a ball he just doesnt get many free kick chances
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Indianablue » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:20 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Alvarez was and is an unbelievable player and he’s proved it in Latin America being voted the best player of the year - he was FUNDAMENTAL for Argentina winning the World Cup and has already scored plenty of goals last season for us and helped us win the fucking prem!! How soon some fans forget this ffs !!!!!!

This season pep has been played everywhere but rarely his preferred position - he does so much work off the ball and yet the haters want him hung drawn and quartered .

I give up ! I hope we fucking sell him and he plays against us and dumps us out of the CL or whatever comp we are in - I’d love it !

Agreed. A few on here need to give their heads a wobble and just watch the Qatar World Cup again. Alvarez is one of City's best buys. Top quality player.
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:39 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I think I need a lie down :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:55 am

We won 4-1 and everyone’s arguing :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:02 am

No, we’re not.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Outcast » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:04 am

No one is criticising hideaway giveaway second rate Bundesliga reject Akanji but let's criticise one of most sought after player in Europe (Alvarez). What a weird bunch

If we stand any chance winning the league, glass gimp Yorkshire pudding Stones or even Ake needs to start along Dias and inform Foden in the middle. KDB has to accept he's out of form, and should play second fiddle to Foden. After all Foden is the future
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:05 am

johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I think I need a lie down :lol:

And wobble your head whilst your at it.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby blues2win » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:22 am

Alvarez all round play was good last night. He did miss two good chances. Both can be true. He kept us afloat when Haaland was injured. He’s a very valuable member of the squad. He is not a midfielder. All those things can be true.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum