***Treble Winners v Madrid Official Match Thread*** 2nd Leg

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Madrid Official Match Thread*** 2nd

Postby patrickblue » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:30 pm

PeterParker wrote:I love Jackie, but I think he was the end of the line for us in many situations last night. When Doku came, things started happening. Chaos, but happened. Jackie usually stops with the ball at his feet and we lose momentum. Not saying he isn't a good player, I think just we are wasting him as a winger.

I don't understand why he doesn't try to use Grealish in Gundo's job. He would do a wonderful job there, he is similar to Mr Whippy, holds the ball.

This, 100%
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:26 pm

patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I love Jackie, but I think he was the end of the line for us in many situations last night. When Doku came, things started happening. Chaos, but happened. Jackie usually stops with the ball at his feet and we lose momentum. Not saying he isn't a good player, I think just we are wasting him as a winger.

I don't understand why he doesn't try to use Grealish in Gundo's job. He would do a wonderful job there, he is similar to Mr Whippy, holds the ball.

This, 100%

Similar to Gundo ? As in he has 2 legs one head and two arms ?

He’s in no way similar to Gundo at all - Gundo was one of th best players we ever had and won us many many games with his talent .
Irreplaceable.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

This, 100%

He’s in no way similar to Gundo at all - Gundo was one of th best players we ever had and won us many many games with his talent .
Irreplaceable.

Grealish was and is a playmaker. Never a winger. Or a Carrilero how they call it.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:51 pm

PeterParker wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

This, 100%

Irreplaceable.

Grealish was and is a playmaker. Never a winger. Or a Carrilero how they call it.

I agree that I think he would do far better in a more central position than on the wing .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby patrickblue » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:16 pm

Nick wrote:
Bear60 wrote:https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mancity-fans-bernardo-silva-penalty-32613282?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0BMQABHRM_JZfJSEfoeUvM8ZTr_R1SxjIBjeesXHy5M-SenwV0AT0TQF4cJzwzww_aem_AcSEsp2v266MLsYHLkSBcG6eJVE8cJQlnIkq_MIlicAzrhwCVPKMrG9KsNXMhRjhGzs

No city fan would have done that

I would think this
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68845131
is a much more likely scenario.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:50 pm

Just let my boss know I’m fuckin knackered so I might not be in tomorrow. Will see what happens but if I’m tired I’m tired.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Outcast » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:10 pm

Mase wrote:Just let my boss know I’m fuckin knackered so I might not be in tomorrow. Will see what happens but if I’m tired I’m tired.

A salary increase to 300k a week, along with sponsorship deals and other perks. What you did in previous years should get you a pass and a pat on the back. Anyone questions it is an ungrateful fuck, unsupportive and shouldn't criticise
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:11 pm

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:Just let my boss know I’m fuckin knackered so I might not be in tomorrow. Will see what happens but if I’m tired I’m tired.

A salary increase to 300k a week, along with sponsorship deals and other perks. What you did in previous years should get you a pass and a pat on the back. Anyone questions it is an ungrateful fuck, unsupportive and shouldn't criticise

Sounds good to me. We’ve got a big meeting with a client Saturday, but I reckon he’ll let me sit that out. You know, cause I’m tired.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MIAMCFC » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:53 pm

Two technicians missed pens in horrible ways. I mean Bernie, 12 months ago unplayable………. This game can do your head in. Anyway I’m taking
A break this weekend as I’m knackered. Hahaha onwards.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:10 pm

The day after and it’s not as bad as last night for me. It was disappointing to go out on penalties but we weren’t outplayed or outclassed by any measure. We dominated the second half and over the two legs we were the better side. We can hold our heads high.

You can’t win them all and maybe having a two legged semi would have disrupted the PL run in? Of course we will now never know but not having those games will surely be of benefit for fitness and focus. We get Saturday out of the way and win or lose, we can then focus solely on the PL.

Personally, given a choice between the CL or PL I’d choose the PL. I know it isn’t always a choice but winning 4 PL in a row would be yet another historic moment and achievement for us. And if we won the cup as well, we’d be the first side in history to win back to back doubles. This is now more achievable now we are out of the CL IMO

Lots of reasons why we went out. Players not on form, missed penalties, missed chances, poor team selection(with hindsight IMO), players playing out of position, lack of game changers on the bench, poor substitutions, rank bad luck and probably a good few more. That’s life and that’s football. Sometimes you get the luck, the rub of the green, your strikers shot going in rather than hitting the post, a goalie having a good game etc

Onwards to Chelsea. And now I’ve had time to reflect today, I’m in a more confident mood for it. We are better than them, the league positions don’t lie. And the guys will be desperate to make amends
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Kippax Sean » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:41 pm

Sickening way to go out. It'd be easier to take if we were outplayed but if you don't put your chances away........ win the league and all will be good in the world again, lift the FA cup aswell and it'll be unreal. If we get beat by chavs it'll be another twisted screwdriver through the ribcage, if that scruffy red scores I'll vomit.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby s1ty m » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:18 am

Still bugs me that match. So irritating.

I was staggered by the City youtube channel pre-match talking about getting it done by half-time. Totally misplaced arrogance. Saturday is now a shit show waiting to happen, with players knackered. Crap week.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Outcast » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:48 am

s1ty m wrote:Still bugs me that match. So irritating.

I was staggered by the City youtube channel pre-match talking about getting it done by half-time. Totally misplaced arrogance. Saturday is now a shit show waiting to happen, with players knackered. Crap week.

Are you trying to upset belleebee? It's all in your imagination
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:18 pm

Even more baffling on the Walker selection - it’s come out his Mrs had their baby Tuesday/Wednesday.

He’s come back from an injury and not played for week and his Mrs was having their kid - as if his head is gonna be right. And he’s started. Pep’s absolutely petrified of not playing him now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:38 pm

His two brilliant runs to dispossess Vinicius Jnr showed why. No other City player could have done that.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:41 pm

blues2win wrote:His two brilliant runs to dispossess Vinicius Jnr showed why. No other City player could have done that.

He was at fault for their first goal :lol: What did VJr do in the first leg?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:55 pm

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:His two brilliant runs to dispossess Vinicius Jnr showed why. No other City player could have done that.

He could have had a couple of goals. The fact he didn’t was more down to his poor finishing rather than good defending to restrict him
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:56 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

He could have had a couple of goals. The fact he didn’t was more down to his poor finishing rather than good defending to restrict him

Exactly. When you’re as shite at shooting like he is just leave him and focus on us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:42 pm

He’s not that shite. I remember that brilliant goal he scored coming off the wing at the Etihad a couple of seasons ago. Wrong not to credit Walker with two big moments. The problem with him as we all know is his lack of technique in the final third. I do understand why Pep was desperate to play him in this game though.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:50 pm

blues2win wrote:He’s not that shite. I remember that brilliant goal he scored coming off the wing at the Etihad a couple of seasons ago. Wrong not to credit Walker with two big moments. The problem with him as we all know is his lack of technique in the final third. I do understand why Pep was desperate to play him in this game though.

We’ll never know if anything would have come of those two chances. We do know for a fact he fucked up for the first and played someone onside. Almost as if he wasn’t concentrating..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum