***Treble Winners v Madrid Official Match Thread*** 2nd Leg

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v Madrid Official Match Thread*** 2nd

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:37 pm

Out of aces, out of luck. Bernie's got his ticket out.
Never more glad morn....
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zabbadabbado » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:40 pm

Penalties is always a lottery.We lost.

Never expect Ederson to save any of them tbh.

We should have won in normal time/extra time avoided penalties at all costs knowing how shit Ederson is saving them.

I actually blame having a fully fit Squad for this loss.When this happens Pep inner genius starts doing weird shit to feed his inner genius..No idea why he is like this.Always trying to recreate the Wheel.regardless of how well the team played the week before.

When the team picks it self when there are injuries Pep can not fuck about as much as he does..

I can understand bringing Walker back in to counter the pace of Vicinious. He did it quite well.But negated that with the shit defending for their Goal.

Was a frustrating game against a shit ordinary Madrid side.Dominating possession right up to their box then everyone looking to pass on responsibility to a team mate to shoot.Or just lobbing a pointless Ball to Haaland,who was more than happy to run around with Rudiger hanging around his Neck all night...Not sure what has happened to him,but he was bought to take us to another level and nights like tonight he should be making his own luck and the difference.I feel like he is going through the motions after an outstanding last season.Dare i say he is killing our game when he is doing fuck all..Should have been hooked earlier..Will be a terrible indictment of his drop in form if Palmer who we sold to a shite Chelsea side finishes higher than him in the Golden Boot standings.Needs to get his Finger out.Or he will also be risking sabotaging his own move to Madrid/Barcelona whether it be season after next,or next season.
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Outcast » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:43 pm

belleebee wrote:
Outcast wrote:I'm ficking sick of Pep’s fucking tinkering

FUCKING AKANJI WHEN STONES AVAILABLE, YOUR BEST MIDFILDER FODEN OUT OF POSITION

Shit tactic by the maestro

No ideal why so many thought we got this in the bag, turn up and roll them over, almost vermin mentality.

Fucking 600k a week blonde lump never turns up in big games.

Penalties looming and he brings on fucking Kova for KDB

I'm fucking fuming

But isn’t your rant “vermin mentality”?

Ranting at our arrogance thinking we only need to turn up, got it in the bag? Yes that's very vermin like. Give yourself a pat on the back
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Rag_hater_junior » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:47 pm

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I am proud of these boys. We slapped madrid both games even though the results don't reflect that.
I love pep and what I have seen in my life time is enough for me to feel like, even if we go downhill from here "hypothetically", I am at peace. CTID. Pep legend. I don't care if anyone is salty about tonight. I am proud of us. What I've witnessed this past decade is more than enough memories to last me a life time. Only 29 plenty years to go. CTID

This time last year I was blessed with my first kid a son and to do the treble that year when he was born 2 weeks later after cl final is enough for me to grateful to this club and follow them regardless forever. Safe good night fellas. Hope scouse get dicked tomorrow and the rags can't say shit. Fuck them all. And fuck arsenal.
Rag_hater_junior
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby Rag_hater_junior » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:50 pm

And when u slap the biggest team of the comp both games you know for a fact we will be back next year regardless of mbop. 1 trick pony's them hijos de puta. Me cago en ellos. The little shitty win on penalties will not make up for us spanking them the way we did last year. They only won because we bottled it. But I'd like to see anyone of this forum do any better.
Rag_hater_junior
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Postby salford city » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:01 pm

Rag_hater_junior wrote:And when u slap the biggest team of the comp both games you know for a fact we will be back next year regardless of mbop. 1 trick pony's them hijos de puta. Me cago en ellos. The little shitty win on penalties will not make up for us spanking them the way we did last year. They only won because we bottled it. But I'd like to see anyone of this forum do any better.

We slapped them that well that we get to now watch them beat Munich and likely win the trophy in London. Just in from rhe gamw so will look forward to catching up with the match thread tomorrow
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beanieboy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:06 pm

Kova for Kev was a gamble on winning it in extra time, if we had scored it would have been a great move. Fresh legs and defensive(ish) backup was needed as we were putting so much emphasis on attacking. Kova was putting in work and broke/slowed down a few attacks when we lost possesion, Kev would have been too knackered to do that.
The Viking has been off form and sluggish since coming back from injury, I can understand giving him game time to get back on track but he should have been on the bench today and been brought on with Doku when Madrid was getting worn out.
Berns penalty was unbelievable, I love the little bastard but how the fuck can you be able to control and pass a 60mph ball behind your standing leg, but not manage to kick a ball, lying still, towards one of the corners of the goal? If Ed had taken the 2nd penalty it would have been done and dusted.
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby belleebee » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:07 pm

Outcast wrote:
belleebee wrote:
Outcast wrote:I'm ficking sick of Pep’s fucking tinkering

FUCKING AKANJI WHEN STONES AVAILABLE, YOUR BEST MIDFILDER FODEN OUT OF POSITION

Shit tactic by the maestro

No ideal why so many thought we got this in the bag, turn up and roll them over, almost vermin mentality.

Fucking 600k a week blonde lump never turns up in big games.

Penalties looming and he brings on fucking Kova for KDB

I'm fucking fuming

But isn’t your rant “vermin mentality”?

Ranting at our arrogance thinking we only need to turn up, got it in the bag? Yes that's very vermin like. Give yourself a pat on the back

Please tell me who thought we’d “got it in the bag”. Pep, the players, the supporters (or was it you)? Pep picked more or less the side I expected: I presume Walker was picked to counter Vinicius, while although I’d hoped Stones would be sufficiently fit to start, Pep clearly thought otherwise and, in any case, Akanji had a good game. As for the players, I’d say Phil, Bernardo and (possibly) KDB didn’t play as well as we all know they can. Finally, the support at the ground was superb, regardless of what was expected. So, returning to the question I asked at the beginning of my post, who do you believe thought “it was in the bag” and how did this lead to our narrow defeat?
belleebee
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby blues2win » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:31 pm

Pep says Haaland Kevin and Akanji all asked to come off at the end of normal time because they were exhausted. Kevin was magnificent. He put everything into the second half. He missed a chance but I wouldn’t fault him for that. Bernardo was inexhaustible but when he stepped up for the penalty fatigue had to have played a part.

I hope people aren’t asking the same starting 11 against Chelsea. Pep has to bring in fresh legs. Rico Oscar Nathan and Doku all come into contention in my view. If we win that match it will be an extraordinary feat given the FA forcing us to play on Saturday, not Sunday. More confident about the League now.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby stupot » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:59 pm

Battered them in the 2nd half but offered nothing in extra time which could be because they weren't panicking about Haaland any more and just had Alvarez to contend with who's been shit for ages.
Why didn't Rodri take a pen when he took one for Spain the other week.
Doku scared them to death when he came on but there was such a reluctance to shoot which is crazy when you think of our goals in the 1st leg.
I'll settle for 4 in a row as part of another double.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zabbadabbado » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:18 am

blues2win wrote:Pep says Haaland Kevin and Akanji all asked to come off at the end of normal time because they were exhausted. Kevin was magnificent. He put everything into the second half. He missed a chance but I wouldn’t fault him for that. Bernardo was inexhaustible but when he stepped up for the penalty fatigue had to have played a part.

I hope people aren’t asking the same starting 11 against Chelsea. Pep has to bring in fresh legs. Rico Oscar Nathan and Doku all come into contention in my view. If we win that match it will be an extraordinary feat given the FA forcing us to play on Saturday, not Sunday. More confident about the League now.

I can understand KDB being over 30,and Akanj who run his bollocks offi being knackered...........Haaland though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
zabbadabbado
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:27 am

Fuck off not having asking to be taken off. If that's right we have more bottlers than I thought. If anyone jt would be bern or rodri - can't imagine haaland saying that who's done fuck all for 2 months. Must be pep being pep.

Agree re Madrid laughing their bollocks off lifting it at Wembley. Come on dortmund.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:28 am

And yes someone above said we were saving rodri for 5th - rodri wasn't in the 5 ffs what was that about?

I never like little players on pens as alot of the time jts powder puff strikers. Alvarez is a forward and foxen did well. Bern and other dwarfs are no good at pens.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:39 am

Nunes has to be sold. We wanted to strengthen a treble winning side when most players in Europe would want to come to us - so that we could bring a creative midfielder on from the bench- so we don't have to rely on kev, foden, bern for every minute of every game.

Other than alvarez and maybe bobb, the bench of the "full squad" was wank. One is a kid winger from the academy who is only playing because mcattee and palmer fucked off and the other is a world cup winning striker who has the striking part beaten out like Gabriel Jesus did.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:43 am

ALSO three xlass strikes from outside the fucking box last week yet tonight no cunt would shoot and it was pass pass pass around a bus
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beanieboy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:43 am

Cup competitions are a manipulated raffle. It isn’t for no reason Ancelotti is close to grabbing his 5th CL title, he has a team with enough talent to perform mediocrely and still outplay most opponents and has the tactical wit to stop playing football, park the bus and run his luck when facing a better team. The quality of players he has increases the chance of getting lucky in this kind of one-off encounters. We can’t use the same tactics because we don’t have opponents that are better than us.
If we played this tie 10 times in a row, we would beat them 7 times. We can lose to a team like Brentford on occasion in the same way, if we play them 100 times in a row we would probably beat them 95 times. That’s why we’re within touching distance of a record 4th consecutive PL title. At the end of the day we are the best the world has ever seen and everybody knows it, even if they can’t admit it.
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:47 am

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
Original Dub wrote:It's perfectly normal to be pissed off we lost on penalties.

It's not haaland's fault. It's not alvarez either. It was the toss of a coin and we're talking double treble stuff.

These players aren't shite. Give your head a fucking wobble ffs

This.

We've given the kings of Europe a footballing lesson. They've beaten us on a coin toss. And we did it all while clearly not in top gear. We've been the best team in Europe this year easily, we just didn't get the rub of the green tonight.

Pissed off that we didn't take our chances. Kevin blazing over a sitter, Foden with the wrong boots on all night. A few occasions when we chose the wrong option. Real didn't knock us out, but we didn't go out through complacency either. We battered them, like we've battered every other team we've played in Europe these past 2 years.

We need a couple of big midfield signings this summer to bring back some fizz into the team. Signing haaland had us bouncing into the season. We didn't strengthen as we should have in the summer though and that's the only complacency we've displayed. Reminded me of when we won the league the first time then spent the summer signing shit like Scott Sinclair.

Careful now, it's haaland and baldy's fault we're this shit.

Yep - both were useless tonight .

Haaland can’t score lately and pep decisions were pathetic .

Take a lie down mate.

We all deal with loss differently.

True - 2 bottles of red and a steak numbed the pain a tad bit even tomorrow when I wake up I’ll still maintain haaland has been wank for ages now - make as many excuses as you like for him but his job is to win us games against the Madrid's of the world - we pay him to win us games like this and he hasn’t turned up - hasn’t turned up for 2 months now.

He’s been average at best with little goals since his injury to show for it .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:05 am

Exactly. Haaland must score a goal out of one chance in games like this. Couldn't give a fuck if he scores a deflection against Luton as Kelechi ineacho or Cole palmer would.

Because we were also shit when alvarez came on doesn't all of a sudden justify this "haaland stands still fingering centre backs all game and gives loads of space - what fucking space? "

I said it early on last year and more after the World cup that pep was risking ruining alvarez potenty - he's had an amazing return in spite of playing bit part / centre midfield.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:34 am

gmercer1 wrote:I don’t mind losing to a team who are better than us on the day.
But to lose to a snide cheating diving bunch of cunts like that really hurts

This

Right last genuine Q before bed.

What was the issue with foden and bern tactically? Did he have bern central and foden right wing?

All morning I asked "will he play kev and foden together in the middle and if so have they ever played well together in those roles"

Call me crazy but I thought "kev was sick" was an excuse to drop him and bolster with kova.

Kev played well from second half but foden was largely toilet because he was out of position. Him and bern only got into the game when they swapped. So WHY the fuck did pep start them like that? It's another of his big game brain parts.

Agree with the poster than says full.fit squad = pep fucks up.

Watch that fucking palmer on sat. He will play well.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Redna » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:31 am

I turned it off as I felt we would lose the penalty shoot out.
We dominated them totaly in regular time.
Them goong through is a robbery.
CTID
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum