Head Injuries

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Head Injuries

Postby Indianablue » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:42 am

Largely over last night, it is what it is. My lingering anoyance is over the enforced stoppage of the game by feigning or alleging a head injury. Thought the ref did well to play on through obvious play acting injuries by Madrid but players obviously know his hands are tied when it comes to a head injury. I counted at least 5 stoppages last night, all cheating by Madrid. Broke up our play, stopped a break or drew false attention to one of our players. Bellingham seemed to be one of the worst out there. He's quickly picked up this habit. Can't look at him now without thinking 'Nah, not for me, he's a cunt'
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Re: Head Injuries

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:45 am

Did Bernardo have a head injury? Is that his excuse?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:54 am

Llooked at Bernardo’s penalty again. I was in the South stand so didn’t see it well. It was a standard chip down the middle. Nine out of ten times the goalkeeper dives one way or another and it looks great. For some reason the Madrid goalie picked it from the run up and stayed still.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:57 am

blues2win wrote:Llooked at Bernardo’s penalty again. I was in the South stand so didn’t see it well. It was a standard chip down the middle. Nine out of ten times the goalkeeper dives one way or another and it looks great. For some reason the Madrid goalie picked it from the run up and stayed still.

Madrid goalkeeper was one of the worst I’ve seen out of all the “big” clubs. We barely tested him and he saved that shit penalty.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:08 am

Feigning head injuries or any injury, diving, cheating etc. could be easily delt with by VAR, we can see in seconds on a TV replay if its genuine or not. Madrid last night used the rules to gain advantage, not nice, not pretty, far from sporting but it worked for them. One minute added time to extra time when it should have been about three. Sadly cheating is openly allowed and works, so its always going to be a factor. Frankly the play acting in the game now is pathetic and something needs to be done about it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:39 am

They could reduce the piss-taking by introducing a three- or five-minute monitoring period, where the doctor checks them over off the field for any serious issues.

Or by simply yellow carding any player who does not receive treatment. Feigning injury is in the laws of the game already as a yellow card offence.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby ayrshireblue » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:44 am

There was one in particular where Madrid booted the ball away, heading out for a throw in and it was either Mendy or Rudiger goes down holding his head. The ref blew to stop the game and as the ball hadn't gone out of play the game was restarted with an uncontested drop ball to Madrid who retained possession. So blatantly cheating.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:13 pm

Is there an account where I can donate for Bellingham?
He barely made it last night, but he need years of therapy for that and I would love to contribute.

Stay safe, Jude. Wish you speedy recovery.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:42 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:They could reduce the piss-taking by introducing a three- or five-minute monitoring period, where the doctor checks them over off the field for any serious issues.

Or by simply yellow carding any player who does not receive treatment. Feigning injury is in the laws of the game already as a yellow card offence.

Spot on. Any injury that requires play to be stopped (i.e. not a foul) should result in the player being kept off the field for two minutes or being subbed.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Return to The Maine Football forum