Training 18/8

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training 18/8

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:24 pm

A full session before they fly out today at 5.30. Missing were Micah,Ade,Robinho,Nigel and Bridge but all were appently inside. No word on any injuries so just precautionary I would expect. Johnson out again training so that's 4 days in a row now which is great news. Also good news was the first sighting of the lesser spotted RSC . One to one with a physio but he got a great wave/cheer from the 2 Mark's when they passed him later on.

Nothing really special in the warm ups or any of the football stuff on view. A few of the squad players involved as usual ( Mee,McGivern,Weiss.Clayton,Marsh,vidal,Tripp ) but some others not on view as there was a reserve game scheduled for 1pm against a touring Malaysian side.I reckon quite a few of the young guns might get a chance tomorrow and I fancy Trippier to be one of them. Judging by the size of them Clayton McD won't be losing too many headers.Only specific I saw in the training would have been Patrov having a bad day at the office. As 1 of a 3 working on attacking routines he wasn't having the best day and his body language reflected a man totally out of sorts.

A helicopter flew over at one point coming from the direction of the swamk training area.A photographer said it would be baconface going to the races and he took a picture as it flew over our pitches. His hope was that he might be able to make him out on close up and manufacture a story that he was on a spying mission .

3 stayed back at the end for some shoooting practice.With Eddie N feeding balls they were working on volleys first timers and one touch plus half volleys all from the edge of the box. Some good some not so good but Tevez was the best of the bunch imo( Weiss and Bellers being the other 2) It seemed inevitable that Hughes would fancy a bit of this action and he came over for a go. The first over the top and the next in the top left corner at which point he left.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training 18/8

Postby adebayor25 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:30 pm

thanks doug.
adebayor25
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:37 pm

Cheers Doug. How's the big Clayton looking these days? He always looked a bit lumbering donkish to me but I had just a small hope that perhaps he might sort it out as he could be an absolute monster aerial defender if we could make a footballer out of him.
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue in the face » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:46 pm

Well done Doug. You're a wee gem so you are :)
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:58 pm

Cheers for that doug. another great report :D
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby pepsi_dave » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:03 pm

Cheers doug, good work as always!

Good news about Johnno, let's just hope that this isn't another false dawn eh!
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:05 pm

Nice one Doug. Good news about Johno
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:57 pm

Tevez impressed me with his control when we've had him come on. And didn't he hit the crossbar in the 'crossbar challenge' in the open training day?

Funny you don't notice these things when he played for SCUM, you just see another cunt!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:00 pm

Cheers Doug once again, you not invited on the plane with the lads as well then?
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby irblinx » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:01 pm

john@staustell wrote:Tevez impressed me with his control when we've had him come on. And didn't he hit the crossbar in the 'crossbar challenge' in the open training day?

Funny you don't notice these things when he played for SCUM, you just see another cunt!

I've found it quite funny over the last week that the latest myth from the scum fans is that he has a dreadful first touch, did anyone see that ball he took on the run from about 30' in the air against Celtic? Aye dreadful :o)
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:04 pm

irblinx wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Tevez impressed me with his control when we've had him come on. And didn't he hit the crossbar in the 'crossbar challenge' in the open training day?

I've found it quite funny over the last week that the latest myth from the scum fans is that he has a dreadful first touch, did anyone see that ball he took on the run from about 30' in the air against Celtic? Aye dreadful :o)

Yes I remember that one. It's all alien to me this, having forwards that can control and hold a ball. Those idiot fans at SCUM and Arse don't realise how much these players improve us!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:15 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Cheers Doug. How's the big Clayton looking these days? He always looked a bit lumbering donkish to me but I had just a small hope that perhaps he might sort it out as he could be an absolute monster aerial defender if we could make a footballer out of him.

Didn't see him play today but even from 200 yards he looks massive.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Craig B » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:31 pm

Is our training ground comparable with theirs now?
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Return to Training Reports