Training Saturday 26/11

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Saturday 26/11

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Still laid up but Neil on BMoon did the business today.Here's his report:

Hello all, a long time no training post from me, my old mucker DH is laid up with that bout of gout and he's not in a good way, get well soon mate, don't forget my Bluemoon contract says I only post at weekends!

Anyway back at Carrington, the players came out in drips and drabs as is the norm with Clichy being first out, closely followed by Mario sporting his new design, well you can't really call it hair can you? All present and correct, no missing personnel and all in really good spirits. A very short session today around 45 minutes in total. They were all wrapped up in snoods, hats and tights (sorry training bottoms) even Milner had an extra layer on today! No David Platt today, probably scouting somewhere.

Nasri and Yaya were a little giddy at the beginning and the paps were clicking away at the playfulness of them both.

The session started with the new fitness chap (SG) taking them through a session of little sprints and loosening up exercises, over to infront of us, the usual 2 circles of players with one touch passing, two defenders in the middle trying to stop 20 passes in a row, this is incredible to watch, as DH has said in the past there is a noisy group and a quiet group, Nigel was the most vocal, as he is most days, Lescott and Micah, certainly like to get involved.

Then over to various pitch games played on a half size pitch, mainly about possession and touch, they varied from 1 touch to all in, some excellent play by Nasri and De Jong in this session.

Onto another session of sprints with SG and this was based around reaction and speed, using coloured cones and little step hurdles, again very varied and interesting to see them all putting in a good effort.

To the final session which was a 3/4 size pitch match, with again various touches, the maximum being 2 at the start to all in towards the end, Nasri started off the scoring for his team, with an excellent shot from just outside the box, curling it past Hart, who made some very good saves during this bit, Kolo got stuck into Mario a couple of times and with the encouragment of his team mates, Mario soldiered on, but this was when disaster struck (in jewellery terms) one of the ear studs that Mario wears came out, he did seem to be a little distracted for a while and we only found out it was an earring problem at the end of the session. Silva equalised with a sublime bit of skill to set up Aguero, whose shot was well saved by Pantillion but Silva mopped up the bits from around 8 yards out, time was up and into Golden Goal extra time, both sides huffed and puffed but neither could get the chance created, that was until Mario was played in by Clichy and from around 23 yards out curled the shot again past a diving Hart, a great goal, really top class!

I don't think Mario is 100%, he seems to have quite a barking cough at the moment, it didn't seem to affect him but at the end when Mancini was talking to Mario he was coughing quite regularly.

The paps finished off their day by taking pictures of Mario, Brandon, Fausto and another couple of groundsman looking for the missing stud, it must be worth a fair few quid though, tens of thousands probably, i left after watching what i thought i would never see, a Balotelli penalty saved! Stuart Taylor deserves the credit for that, Milner, De Jong and Mario were taking penalties at the end of the session, all except Mario had missed until the Stu made the excellent save, mind you he did slot another 4 past him after that, so no sleep lost i'm sure!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Saturday 26/11

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Cheers for posting. I think we definitely need to see Barry back in the side tomorrow alongside Yaya. Dzeko and Agüero up front wouldn't be the worst thing if Mario's unavailable. It's only the Mario-Dzeko combo that I don't think works.

Get well soon.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Return to Training Reports