Training Tuesday 6/12

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Tuesday 6/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:32 pm

Almost tropical today mainly because there was no wind but still only Milner and Savic were in shorts.As it's CL week there were all sorts of cameras around but in addition today there was a team all kitted out in training gear. Blue track suit bottoms and a white top with Italia written on the bottom of it.According to Lombardo it was the Italian waterpolo team ( at least that's what heard from his best english!)

16 players out there today and going through some basic stuff to start with for the cameras.When it came to keep ball circles Mancini joined in one to make up the numbers. Did very well too and whenever there was a dispute he made the decision. Kolo was fully involved and if there was any suggestion of problems in the camp it certainly wasn't evident to anyone watching.

Then it was into pass and move games and by this time the waterpolo team had stopped their attempts at football (not quite Sunday league standard) to watch and they saw some quality work. Really good movement ,quick passing and first time control was impressive. Small goals were involved late on but I don't think anyone managed a goal although Nigel kept trying and AJ hit the woodwork.

Onto the final game which was 9 a side and the first goal was poached by Aguero latching onto a rebound close in. Yaya equalised from about 18 yards and then Barry scored with a very well controlled volley after a cross ball broke to him. The ball was well off the ground and he did well to keep it down and find the corner. Mario made it 3 .1 from the edge of the box.Side foot into the corner and then Yaya got another back ghosting in at the far post to volley home.It was a good game and when the whistle blew for the end there were all sorts of complaints from the losing side for a bit longer. I don't think Mancini wanted anymore as 3 key players had taken knocks ( nothing serious) and he didn't fancy one that was bad but he relented and said 2 minutes more.

Nasri quickly equalised bursting through all sorts of legs/tackles and getting the lucky breaks but he sold the keeper and gently rolled it home.Then very soon after Silva hit the winner with a great cross shot. 2 goals in two minutes truned it round and Joe for one was extremely happy as he ran around jumping on people in fun.

Only MIlner stayed out for extras today shooting at Panti.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 6/12

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:51 pm

feel like I was there Doug, cheers.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Yffi_88 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:52 pm

Great read as always! Cheers Doug.

Will have to have a look what the Italians are up to in sunny Manchester.

EDIT.

http://www.visitmanchester.com/discover ... terpo.aspx
City Are Back...
Yffi_88
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:07 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:In addition today there was a team all kitted out in training gear. Blue track suit bottoms and a white top with Italia written on the bottom of it.According to Lombardo it was the Italian waterpolo team ( at least that's what heard from his best english!)

Fixtures and Results for the British Gas GBR Men’s Water Polo team

6th December - Great Britain v Italy (FINA World League Preliminary, Manchester)

Yes, it was.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:19 pm

Cheers Doug, how was it there were only 16 players out there?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers Doug, how was it there were only 16 players out there?

No Kolarov or Hargreaves,not supplemented by Bridge,Razak or Nedum and missing Micah for the 2nd day running.Don't think they wanted me to mention Micah wasnt there although I have no idea what's wrong with him if anything.Will be looking to see if Mancini has said anything about him.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby phips » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

No Kolarov or Hargreaves,not supplemented by Bridge,Razak or Nedum and missing Micah for the 2nd day running.Don't think they wanted me to mention Micah wasnt there although I have no idea what's wrong with him if anything.Will be looking to see if Mancini has said anything about him.

So i wonder if we will see the not-so-frequent pairing of Clichy and Zaba tomorrow.

Was Joe doing any extra work on not spilling the ball in front of goal for supreme poacher Gomez?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:52 pm

phips wrote:

So i wonder if we will see the not-so-frequent pairing of Clichy and Zaba tomorrow.

Was Joe doing any extra work on not spilling the ball in front of goal for supreme poacher Gomez?

Keepers were out of my view when they were training.When it comes to the game at the end both Joe and Panti made some good saves even though the ball was parried. I would only have criticised one of them which came back into play as they did well to keep the rest out as they were strong shots from fairly close range.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beeks » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:00 pm

Was Kolo there Doug? And if so what was the atmosphere like with Savic?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:03 pm

Beeks wrote:Was Kolo there Doug? And if so what was the atmosphere like with Savic?

I did mention it. There wasnt a hint of anything different with Kolo from any of the players.The pair of them just came out trained well,joined in the fun etc etc.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:03 pm

Mancini metioned that he may not be fit to play, sounded like a niggle.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:04 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Mancini metioned that he may not be fit to play, sounded like a niggle.

Yeah I just listened to it. Nothing serious by the sound of it.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to Training Reports