Training Saturday 10/12

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Saturday 10/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:30 pm

Went along today instead of watching the academy side batter Wolves 6.1. Ah well cant get it right every time but it was a lovely warm,sunny,dry day at Carrington so all's good.A bit down on numbers today with the odd niggle around but good to see Micah out jogging and clearly not far away from coming back.Joe Hart today was wearing some new all black gear which he said kept him very warm. Waterproof as well but it must have been very lightweight stuff.No doubt pictures will appear on the OS as the dedicated Sharon was out there early on getting soaked through.

All ths usual jogging stretching and fitness routines early on.Mario missed a little bit of this as he had to go back into the changing room.Not sure 100% what for but he did have new headgear on when he returned. He had started with a strange looking balaclava type thing but seemingly with only a slit for the eyes.Milner as ever in shorts but today Nedum was also there in shorts.

A short session of pass/move followed and then into another area for more fitness work before Mancini got them out onto a full pitch for some Chelsea preparation. Often this involves setting a team up and working on a mixture of attacking and defensive situations.Today though it was more of working on positional stuff like he had concentrated on so much when he first arrived.All the players ( 16 I think) lined up in their normal positions ,which meant plenty of doubling up,and the whole focus was on listening to Mancini as he had the ball in all sorts of different positions and made sure al the players knew their roles.

I expect it was all about the Chelsea game. It wasnt a long session but interesting to watch even though the ball was basically not used.Then back across for more of the pass/move stuff before the finale of a 9 a side game.Bridge and Nedum had started with the group but then were left out of the tactical session with Mancini and actually went inside before the game started.Included in it though were Suaraz and Roman.

Although a good game I would say it didn't have the intensity I have often seen in the past. Maybe the result was a few more goals than normal. An early gem from Milner might have been the best of the lot but it was good to see Mario looking in good nick but also a ferocious cross shot from Edin finished it all off.Suarez and Roman fitted in very well showing very good control and touch.Suarez played centrally with Roman wide right and both worked well with Silva and Mario.

Just thinking back to the under 18's great win,it was done without probably their best two players (at least) in Suarez and Rekik who was training with the EDS today.

Word on the extra fencing is that it was to up this week but had to be delayed due to the strong winds. Certainly before Christmas though.I still live in hope for a pass for a christmas present.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Saturday 10/12

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Cheers Doug, great stuff as usual.

Would like to see those two young players get a few minutes coming off the bench in the cups.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Cheers Doug, great stuff as usual.

Would like to see those two young players get a few minutes coming off the bench in the cups.

3 nil up in the FA Cup 3rd round and coming after 70 minutes on to add icing to the cake...... how sweet a thought.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:47 pm

Always enjoy these reports, Doug, as much for the local colour as for the news on the players, but for those of us not in Manchester or even in England anymore, how come It's "a warm dry day" over there yet photographer Sharon "got soaked"? Was it only raining on her?
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:51 pm

BobbyJ1956 wrote:Always enjoy these reports, Doug, as much for the local colour as for the news on the players, but for those of us not in Manchester or even in England anymore, how come It's "a warm dry day" over there yet photographer Sharon "got soaked"? Was it only raining on her?

The weather was disgusting. I do forget sometimes not everyone is from around M/C but it was actually cold and wet,very wet at times but at least not much of a wind today.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:48 pm

Can we start a petition to the training office to get you a pass?
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:22 pm

Thanks Doug, appreciated as always.

From what you saw of Micah do you reckon there's any chance he'll be ready for Monday?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:52 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Thanks Doug, appreciated as always.

From what you saw of Micah do you reckon there's any chance he'll be ready for Monday?

I think if Monday was the last match of the season he might be considered.It isnt so I would say no chance at all will he be risked.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:18 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

I think if Monday was the last match of the season he might be considered.It isnt so I would say no chance at all will he be risked.

Thanks mate, I thought as much, shame!
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Biamp » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:35 pm

Cheers Doug, great read.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:54 am

was zaba 100% fit? thoughts of savic marking Mata worries me
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:20 am

Dubciteh wrote:

I am sure Mancini said that Zaba was fit for the last match even though he then went for Savic to play full back.Zaba certainly looked fully fit to me yesterday.

Anyway the way Mata plays it's not just the right full back that will be tested.He's like Silva and floats around all over the pitch so we need to be able to deal with him wherever he turns up,
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:37 am

Dubciteh wrote:

I am sure Mancini said that Zaba was fit for the last match even though he then went for Savic to play full back.Zaba certainly looked fully fit to me yesterday.

Anyway the way Mata plays it's not just the right full back that will be tested.He's like Silva and floats around all over the pitch so we need to be able to deal with him wherever he turns up,

Thanks doug
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Return to Training Reports