Training Sunday 11/12

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Sunday 11/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:44 pm

Maybe the last time peering over fences today at Carrington and typically it lashed down with rain most of the time. The usual 11am became a noon start which didnt help no doubt to fit in with travel plans down to London.The good news was that all the expected/hoped for players were out today after a few missed yesterday or finished early.Especially Silva who limped out yesterday which was a bit of a concern.No signs of any issues at all.Micah was out again late on doing some more running.

Suarez and Rekik were extra players today making up the numbers.Got the traditional wave from the boss as they came close to the fencing to do initial warm ups and the keep ball circles.I have probably just got used to it but a mother and son ,watching for the first time today,commented on how closely Mancini was watching the work they were doing in all the warm up stuff.Very true and typical of how seriously he takes it all.

Also very noticeable was how good the spirit is through the team.Constant chatter and not just in any cliques you might expect.One nice moment was when Silva picked Nigel up in a sort of fireman's lift (not textbook style though)Throughout everything today I felt there was more intensity as I suppose might be normal as matchday approaches.They just seemed to mean it more even in the most basic routines.Perhaps the intruding photographers will have taken pictures to reflect this and the great spirit and be positive for a change.I won't hold my breath.

And onto the match to conclude the session and plenty to enjoy even if there was only 1 goal. And it was a beauty with a superb fast bending cross from Clichy met perfectly by that great header of the ball at the far post to steer it back across to the far corner giving the keeper no chance. AJ won't have headed a better goal!

Good goalkeeping at both ends,some excellent last ditch tackling (Joleon,Kolo,Vinnie especially) and a few near misses kept the score to 1 nil when Mancini called it a day. Kolo was on the same team as Savic and always encouraging with shouts and advice.Sergio was very lively if not that often playing as a classic center forward.Nigel was all over the place both cutting out attacks in great style but also looking to get forward at any chance.

Neither Suarez or Rekik looked out of place even if they didn't manage a special moment.Rekik in more of an advanced wide left role a lot of the time.At the end a few stayed out for extras.Nigel and Milner as regulars along with Mario and also no surprise to see Clichy working on some defensive stuff with one of the coaches.

A bit of a shame that a few young lads decided to shout out at some of the players and Kidd.They seemed to expect them to stop work,come over and climb a fence to give autographs in the middle of everything.Perhaps another reason for making the fences higher.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Sunday 11/12

Postby Chinners » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Cheers as always DH. Suarez must feel chippy having scored for the first time in 8 weeks ;)

I take it the higher fences now mean we need to revisit the PASS campaign for you?
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Chinners wrote:Cheers as always DH. Suarez must feel chippy having scored for the first time in 8 weeks ;)

I take it the higher fences now mean we need to revisit the PASS campaign for you?

Yes strange though as he doesnt dive all over the place in training.

You never know re the pass.Maybe I should just wear a disguise and just wander in.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dendza » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:36 pm

whats up with Edin, Doug?:)
Dendza
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Barcelona, Man.City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Biamp » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:38 pm

Cheers Doug, good read. I really hope you get the pass soon enough. Because you really deserve it.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:00 pm

Dendza wrote:whats up with Edin, Doug?:)

? and what are you referring to?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:06 pm

Bloody hell Doug, a real Legend.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john68 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:58 am

Sorry Doug but I don' see what your problem is...Longer.....and looooonger ladders. You youngsters are clueless.

Hope you're well Pal, not spoken for a long time. Must sort that out.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dendza » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:55 am

I meant to ask you how did he do/look on sunday:) sorry for misunderstanding and thanks for all these great reports!! :D

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Dendza wrote:whats up with Edin, Doug?:)

? and what are you referring to?
Dendza
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Barcelona, Man.City
My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:40 am

Thanks Doug.

We all now know the real reason training started late, it was because Mario was up so late behaving so boisterously that he slept in and held everyone else up.

As for the disguise, may I recommend a chicken hat.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Right the issue needs sorting.

GIVE DOUG A PASS OR LETS GET HIM LONGER LADDERS,BUCKET COLLECTION TIME?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:54 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Right the issue needs sorting.

I vote for the ladders, imagine the reports. Could we stretch to some black nasty as well, so he can tape the ladders to the tree?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:05 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

I vote for the ladders, imagine the reports. Could we stretch to some black nasty as well, so he can tape the ladders to the tree?

Wouldn't it be much cheaper if we just taped Doug to a tree?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:28 am

john68 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Can we at least give him a brolley, to keep the notepad dry?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:56 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
john68 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Can we at least give him a brolley, to keep the notepad dry?

Not sure about this tree stuff :) Got the brolly already and it's a nice sky blue one.A brand new one wouldnt go amiss for christmas though :)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:18 am

Tunnel is the way to go, I've told you before. There's plenty of cover outside to avoid the gun turrets seeing you enter the tunnel & then you only have to have a hole big enough for your head at the other end, with some suitable camoflage that fits in with the surroundings; perhaps a football over your head, with holes for eyes.. errm... no that could be bad actually...
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:35 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Tunnel is the way to go, I've told you before. There's plenty of cover outside to avoid the gun turrets seeing you enter the tunnel & then you only have to have a hole big enough for your head at the other end, with some suitable camoflage that fits in with the surroundings; perhaps a football over your head, with holes for eyes.. errm... no that could be bad actually...

Not sure I will be able to take anything you say seriously ever again Ted :)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to Training Reports