Training Thursday 15/12

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Thursday 15/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Late start today at 12 so ,as I was there for 11, I spent a while in the car reading while the rain lashed down. When I did go out,work was continuing on the fencing so Christmas might be the target date but for now the ladders still do the job. A full squad on view today bar Kolarov although Hargreaves was again working separately doing mostly running from what I saw.Rekik,Suarez and Razak being the younger ones involved again.

It was a longer overall session than for a while.Yesterday mostly fitness and stamina stuff maybe to counter the Monday night party.Today was a full mix of fitness routines,some football and quite a lot of tactical work.Early fitness routines were followed by Mancini taking a team in the middle pitch to spend time it seemed mostly on tactical stuff with plenty of emphasis as ever on positional play.The teams were changed a lot after a while so the messages got through to everyone.

Back out onto another pitch for some attack against defence and again Mancini switched the teams around.Never really bothered about goalscoring but seemingly more about moving the ball around and the player movement off the ball to create the openings.Then it was back into the middle pitch for some more fitness routines before another session of attack against defence but this time on a full sized pitch. At different times Zaba and Nasri were working separately with coaches doing quite a bit of extra running.

Mancini was very involved in this last session of attack v defence, often stopping the flow to make a point and of course being able to show them what he was looking for with a pass or some movements.Then to finish there was a game and very quickly a quality goal from Edin,shooting under a last minute defensive lunge and across the keeper into the corner.All the goals today came from strikers with Edin getting 3, Aguero one where he burst through two challenges with the ball still at his feet , and one from Mario a typical curler into the top corner from 20 yards.With the game just about to end there was minor flare up between two players which was something and nothing but sadly photographers were on hand and no doubt their pictures will be blown out of proportion as usual.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 15/12

Postby cyberblue » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:34 pm

thanks for the report
cyberblue
Robinho's Step Over

Postby circumspect » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:08 pm

Would imagine Bob was very unimpressed with those horrible aimless long balls that handed the initiative to Chelsea on Monday and will be working to ensure no repeat.
circumspect
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Dave Watson

Postby Chinners » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:11 pm

Cheers DH, qualiteh as ever
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:26 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:With the game just about to end there was minor flare up between two players which was something and nothing but sadly photographers were on hand and no doubt their pictures will be blown out of proportion as usual.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... CMP=twt_gu
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:29 pm

Right on cue. The Guardian's Daniel Taylor is normally above writing such tosh, so its a shame he's lowered himself.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby The Foggy Blue » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:40 pm

It will, however, be added to the increasingly lengthy list of misdemeanours involving Balotelli at a time when the manager, Roberto Mancini, has spoken openly about being exasperated about the striker's apparent inability to conform.

It will, however, be added to the increasingly lengthy list of journalistic hyperbole involving Balotelli at a time when BLAH BLAH BLAH
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Pediction - Mirror, Sun and Mail tomorrow - "City in Crisis" "Squad at Breaking Point" etc etc

The sooner those fences go up, 50 bloody feet high, the better - sorry Doug.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:48 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Pediction - Mirror, Sun and Mail tomorrow - "City in Crisis" "Squad at Breaking Point" etc etc

Have to agree with that, these Journos and photographers are utter shites.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Lev Bronstein » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:01 pm

Micah tweeted:-

"Me & mario are all good! these things happen in training & we shook hands after. it shows passion! #ctid"

Real deep crisis then
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby feedthegreek » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:01 pm

its already being discussed on you guesed it talkshite.
with a negative edge to it , surprise surprise.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby CityGer » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:03 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Pediction - Mirror, Sun and Mail tomorrow - "City in Crisis" "Squad at Breaking Point" etc etc

Agree.

Also, complaints over media coverage of this are misplaced imo. If we give them fuel we should expect nothing less than sensationalist coverage.

We need to stop giving them fuel.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:56 pm

Don't know why Yaya got in the mix. Milner could keep most people at bay I'd imagine.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:34 pm

You are absolutely right,preferably with me on the inside.

Silly thing is with today's "incident" the two of them were playing on the same team!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:45 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

You are absolutely right,preferably with me on the inside.

Silly thing is with today's "incident" the two of them were playing on the same team!

That happens EVERYWHERE at every club at every ground from ground roots to professional and any sane minded person knows this........These journos really are the scum of the earth and I echo whats mentioned above..the sooner there are fences up the better.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Jon London » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:37 pm

Hey Douglas I heard you on Talk Sh*te giving Goughie a hard time. Quality.

Them lot are such s**t stirrers and you were right Goughie claimed there was a bust up at every City training session. What a load of crap.

They had nothing to talk about so made up the nonsense about the wheels coming off at City.
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Return to Training Reports