Training Thursday 5/1

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Thursday 5/1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Priviledged again to get inside although when I arrived at Carrington I thought the end of the world was nigh.It had gone very dark with a violent swirling wind and the hail was just flying in sideways.Just another training session though although most of the team from the Pool game were not involved.Just Micah I think to start with. I think the rest were in yesterday for warm down stuff but not at all today and maybe not tomorrow either.

16 on show today which included Bridge and Nedum (maybe nothing imminent there then) Rekik,Suarez and Francisco De Silva (I think).I have seen this lad a couple of times before and he looks a decent midfield player.Plus we had a triallist on show who remined me of a foreign ,young Peter Crouch just based on being tall and thin.

The usual jogging and fitness/stretching routines started it all off before they moved into a quick passing game where the coaches I am sure will have been looking for movement as much as anything to ensure there were plenty of passing options.All looked good,despite the wind even though it was really gusting.No surprise that the new higher fencing had been blown down allowing a couple of vulture photographers back and snapping away. Then a break for more fitness routines which Micah stayed out of.He just did a little extra running before going in.

Then Mancini took the main squad players into some tactical stuff,mostly attacking while the rest did a keep ball circle right in front of me.Hard to watch what was going on with this right under my nose but the one very apparent thing was how hands on Mancini was as he involved himself as one of the players showing them when and how to move into positions to either recieve balls or just make space for others.All good stuff and with most attacks leading to a cross of some kind the best striker on view was AJ who scored for fun today including one excellent near post header.

The match at the end was 8 a side and Mancini donned an orange bib to make up the numbers.His aide Jose turned to me to say they would lose 5 nil. As if the manager would play for the losing side! It ended 6 .2 I think and of course Mancini City won.

The goals were from Kolarov 2, Rekik 2, Savic and Suarez with the 2 in reply coming from Peter Crouch.Both very well taken as well.He definitely looked more at home in the game than in the other quick passing stuff but impossible to really have a clear judgement.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 5/1

Postby Goataldo » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:41 pm

Good stuff. I want to see a bouyant AJ skin some filth for the fifth against the scum on Sun. Just a feeling.....I know I don't ask much.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:19 pm

Cheers Doug, is it usual for us to do warm downs 2 days later or is it from the celebrations of the Rags losing ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers Doug, is it usual for us to do warm downs 2 days later or is it from the celebrations of the Rags losing ;-)

No the warm downs were yesterday ,the day after the Pool game.It was just Micah in today doing a little extra.The extra day off tomorrow (I think) will be in celebration of the scum losing or maybe just the major need for a bit of rest time.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers Doug, is it usual for us to do warm downs 2 days later or is it from the celebrations of the Rags losing ;-)

No the warm downs were yesterday ,the day after the Pool game.It was just Micah in today doing a little extra.The extra day off tomorrow (I think) will be in celebration of the scum losing or maybe just the major need for a bit of rest time.

Sorry Doug, I read it wrong.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

legend status gone to your head.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Socrates » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Plus we had a triallist on show who remined me of a foreign ,young Peter Crouch just based on being tall and thin.
with the 2 in reply coming from Peter Crouch.Both very well taken as well.He definitely looked more at home in the game than in the other quick passing stuff but impossible to really have a clear judgement.

Is he foreign or did he just look it?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:35 pm

Any sign of Hargreaves?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Socrates wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Plus we had a triallist on show who remined me of a foreign ,young Peter Crouch just based on being tall and thin.
with the 2 in reply coming from Peter Crouch.Both very well taken as well.He definitely looked more at home in the game than in the other quick passing stuff but impossible to really have a clear judgement.

Looked foreign but I didn't hear him speak to confirm it.I have seen plenty of triallists but not this guy before. I reckon this might have been his first day.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:44 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:Any sign of Hargreaves?

He has been training with the main squad for a week or 10 days now.Sometimes he takes part in everything sometimes he misses the end match part but he looks ok to me.He won't be match fit obviously but maybe could make the bench as Mancini is suggesting we won't have enough to fill it(yeah right) In a perfect world though I doubt we would look to be throwing him into a game just yet.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

I wouldn't have thought so, might have been the celebratory Stella last night though.

Any sign of Mario?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I wouldn't have thought so, might have been the celebratory Stella last night though.

Any sign of Mario?

No Mario today.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Cheers again Doug.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue in North London » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Socrates wrote:

Looked foreign but I didn't hear him speak to confirm it.I have seen plenty of triallists but not this guy before. I reckon this might have been his first day.

Sounds like Nir Biton, a young Israeli midfielder. There's an impressive video of him on YouTube (I know!). Seems to have good control and his dribbling skills appear to be outstanding. The video does lack any footage of him passing the ball.

I would post a link but I am using an Ipod.
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby Whassat » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:56 pm

Nir Biton? Never heard of? 2 goals as a MF - sounds like a good prospect.

And yeah, cheers Doug. Excellent post as always.
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:03 pm

6 foot 3 inches looks about right.Never would have had him as a central midfielder though.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:19 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:6 foot 3 inches looks about right.Never would have had him as a central midfielder though.

That's one of the better Youtube vids I've seen for a player of that age. Obviously there's a lot of talent but equally obviously, it takes a lot more than just talent to make a player. If you're 6 ft 3 and can play football like that though, you must have a chance.

Seen a few vids of young players linked with City recently & they're all pretty impressive to say the least.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to Training Reports