Training Saturday 7/1

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Saturday 7/1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:57 pm

The day before the FA cup derby and training as usual. A full squad on view apart from the 2 Toures and Gaz Baz given the day off.Although there today both Mario,first time out training for a week now, and Dzeko were not fully involved in everything.Each talking separately with Mancini no doubt to discuss their level of fitness and involvement in the session.

The young ones involved were Razak,Rekik and Suarez again and although Nedum was around there was no Bridge today.There felt like a nice buzz amongst the players as they all gathered and chatted or knocked balls around.Then it was into some regular warm up stuff quickly followed by Mancini taking the whole squad onto another pitch mainly for one of his sessions on team set up and formations all over the pitch but plenty of stretching exercises too.

Then back over for 5 minutes in keep ball circles followed by a variety of 1 or 2 touch passing games.All done at quick tempo with great movement around what was a fairly short playing area.To be any good at this stuff you really do have to have a great first touch and awareness of whats around you.The quality on view was superb.

And finally a game which started off with an early goal.Milner releasing Zaba on a great overlap run ,his cross met by Dzeko but brilliantly blocked by Savic only for Kolarov to hammer home the loose ball and boy did he hit it!The next goal was just sensational when a ball bounced out to Milner about 20 yards out and he hit a right foot volley in to the top corner with nobody moving.Silva got the next when a ball brokke to himHe had time and curled a lovely shot into the corner with the keeper flying across but failing to get a touch.Then finally Milner turned a Zaba cross in for the 4th goal.

Goals apart I though the game was played at high intensity with really no room /time to dwell on the ball.Clichy at times was so fast and aggressive at closing down I reckon his opposition would rather have been on the other wing.Hargreaves was nicely efficient and looking fit although obviously not match fit and needing more work.Rekik growing in stature every time I see him,Razak strong in midfield,Kolarov very strong and always looking to get forward.I could have got on the end of one his low balls fizzed across the box but I thought better of it:)

It wasn't the longest overall session or game but a good one and everyone gearing up for a big game.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Saturday 7/1

Postby 1664agreatyear » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:08 pm

cheers,
was Nasri fully involved ?
1664agreatyear
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby feedthegreek » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:10 pm

nice one doug ,do you think razak could take part tomorrow.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:11 pm

Cheers Doug. I'd honestly like to see one of the kids start, just to show we're more than serious about our youth policy and that Mancini has got the know how when it comes to bringing them on.

Can't see it happening though, can you?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:20 pm

1664agreatyear wrote:cheers,
was Nasri fully involved ?

He was yes.Looking a bit fitter/stronger than Wednesday after he had been ill.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:21 pm

feedthegreek wrote:nice one doug ,do you think razak could take part tomorrow.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him on the bench at least given the players we have missing.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby shortagain » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Was Yaya inside then Doug as Cur Alex says he is playing against them on Sunday. Ha ha ha the guy must have rapid onset dementia
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:36 pm

shortagain wrote:Was Yaya inside then Doug as Cur Alex says he is playing against them on Sunday. Ha ha ha the guy must have rapid onset dementia

I was about to say the same thing...the drunken tramp says YAYA s playing..so it must be true.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:36 pm

shortagain wrote:Was Yaya inside then Doug as Cur Alex says he is playing against them on Sunday. Ha ha ha the guy must have rapid onset dementia

Yes Yaya and Kolo were leading the 2 sides in training today and are the only ones guaranteed on the teamsheet tomorrow.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Yes Yaya and Kolo were leading the 2 sides in training today and are the only ones guaranteed on the teamsheet tomorrow.

Nice one. Thanks for the PM saying Messi and De Rossi were training inside as well ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Nice one. Thanks for the PM saying Messi and De Rossi were training inside as well ;-)

that's you off my pm list from now.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:44 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

that's you off my pm list from now.

Bugger! Sorry pal, did I let it slip. At least I didn't mention Rooney!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:52 pm

"..but he's not in the country boss "

" Do ye think I'm fucking stupid son ? I can see him, he's right there, everywhere I turn....look...look.. there he is now... can't you see him ? HE'S RIGHT THERE! "
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:12 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:"..but he's not in the country boss "

" Do ye think I'm fucking stupid son ? I can see him, he's right there, everywhere I turn....look...look.. there he is now... can't you see him ? HE'S RIGHT THERE! "

Cheers Ted, that made me chuckle.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:27 pm

Cheers doug, good to hear Nasri and Mario are back in training. Hopefully one or both can make a miraculous recovery for tomorrow
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Biamp » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:08 pm

Cheers Doug, glad to have Nasri back. Let's hope Mario and Dzeko will be fit enough to make the bench.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Doug what's you take on tomorrows team, you feeling confident we will play a strong enough team. Without giving anything away of course.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby gillie » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:59 pm

Good report as always DH a quick ? Do you think we may have told the Brothers to stay away from training so as not to tip the rags the wink so to speak.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:08 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Doug what's you take on tomorrows team, you feeling confident we will play a strong enough team. Without giving anything away of course.

Impossible to give away what I don't know. Whilst both Mario and Dzeko did some training today I am sure neither could be considered fully fit for a big game like against the scum Dzeko did take part in the" game" today but I reckon it was quite clear that was for the run out/exercise rather than to be 100% involved. If his knee isnt 100% it would have been silly to go at 100% in a contact game.

I am though totally confident we will play a strong enough team to win.Trouble is that doesnt mean we will win.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:09 pm

gillie wrote:Good report as always DH a quick ? Do you think we may have told the Brothers to stay away from training so as not to tip the rags the wink so to speak.

Don't you think that question belongs in another thread?

Paranoia and Conspiracy Theories maybe.

Nothing I can comment on.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to Training Reports