Training Tuesday 10/1

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Re: Training Tuesday 10/1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:apologies if this has been asked already, doug, but how involved has rekik been and does he still look the part? when we saw him earlier this season, i thought he was class and prob our best overall prospect.

He is being sensibly and quietly brought along and trains with the main squad almost all the time. Just turned 17 now and without doubt is the real deal but his time to be selected needs to be carefully chosen. I could see a loan deal next year.
Last edited by Douglas Higginbottom on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bluej » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Yffi_88 wrote:Was there any indication in the game as to where we can expect Micah to be playing tomorrow?

my lips are sealed.

Sealed - lips - clearly a clue to Seal, the singer of Kiss from a Rose. Seal is married to Heidi Klum. She's great up front, so Richards is playing up front.

Oops, sorry, thought I was on the BM transfer forum for a minute.

Haha superb! It's only official with a Youtube video though.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Cheers DH, another cracking read
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby everyonehatesus » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:02 pm

top draw as always DH, many thanks.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:33 pm

great news - Mario & Edin both in the team by the looks of it and Sergio as well? Unstoppable.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Nijinsky » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:40 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Yffi_88 wrote:Was there any indication in the game as to where we can expect Micah to be playing tomorrow?

my lips are sealed.

Sealed - lips - clearly a clue to Seal, the singer of Kiss from a Rose. Seal is married to Heidi Klum. She's great up front, so Richards is playing up front.

Oops, sorry, thought I was on the BM transfer forum for a minute.

To quote the kids, LOL!

I was thinking; my lips are sealed, ron-sealed, we're obviously signing Ronaldo.. or then again, MLAS (my lips are sealed) = Mancini likes another striker, so he's definitely playing up front. Nice work, YouTube to follow I assume.
Nijinsky
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Biamp » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:21 am

Cheers Doug, great read. Hopefully Silva will be a surprising addition on the bench today.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Tony P » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:31 am

my lips are sealed.

Our Lips Are Sealed - The Go Go's - Lead singer Belinda Carlisle - Carlisle United managed by Greg Abbott - Abbot is the head of a monastry - Monks are famously celibate - Celibacy means you don't score - centre halves also stop people scoring - So Micah instead of Vinnie.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:51 am

Thanks for the report Doug.

From what you can see in training do you believe Pantilimon commands the respect of the players? Is he vocal?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:21 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Thanks for the report Doug.

From what you can see in training do you believe Pantilimon commands the respect of the players? Is he vocal?

I think I have seen that respect grow and I have seen his performances grow. He really does make some top saves and the thing thsat I feel has improved most is getting down to hard low shots and knocking them away if he cant hold on.It's only training I know but it has to start somewhere.I thought he did well on Sunday ,although not that busy, there were a few times he made saves or took low crosses and it was all with no fuss, even though there was potential to spill them.

On the vocal bit I think there is a long way to go but he has started.On day one he was very quiet but,I suspect with Joes's influence and just growing confidence he is being heard.I really noticed it yesterday as I could hear him quite a lot.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:27 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Thanks for the report Doug.

I think I have seen that respect grow and I have seen his performances grow. He really does make some top saves and the thing thsat I feel has improved most is getting down to hard low shots and knocking them away if he cant hold on.It's only training I know but it has to start somewhere.I thought he did well on Sunday ,although not that busy, there were a few times he made saves or took low crosses and it was all with no fuss, even though there was potential to spill them.

On the vocal bit I think there is a long way to go but he has started.On day one he was very quiet but,I suspect with Joes's influence and just growing confidence he is being heard.I really noticed it yesterday as I could hear him quite a lot.

Sounds promising, thanks mate.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Previous

Return to Training Reports