Training Thursday 19/1

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Re: Training Thursday 19/1

Postby Goataldo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:06 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Goataldo wrote:Quality stuff. Any words with Mario's brother (Enoch, is it?)?

Just a brief hello and a handshake with him and his mate.

Oh I forgot I asked about all the things that he gets reported as doing and he confirmed every one is 100% true and there are many more besides.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic there or not! I suspect that you are, but will report it as fact nonetheless!
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Biamp » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:23 am

Cheers Doug, great read.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby steveo_88 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
steveo_88 wrote:Top report as always Doug. Nice to hear the Nige 'crab man' De Jong getting one on target but more importantly during training did he pass the ball forward(not taking the piss, it's genuinely beginning to worry/piss me off in games)?

In your opinion does Panti look good enough to be signed permanently? He went up in my estimation after the derby. It's clearly an area we either need to secure(Panti on a contract) or bring in some reliable veteran IMO. Stuart Taylor is not good enough if Hart, touch wood, gets injured.

I think you are being to hard on Nigel. I know he doesnt go for too much play making like some of the others but it's not the role he is asked to play.I know from what I see that he can do more going forward and ,with today as an example, he was very good going forward.Some very quick one twos and good at picking the right foward pass if it's on.And getting into goalscoring positions.

Re Panti ,I think he has come on a lot since he arrived and I think I have reflected that in my reports. Credit to Massimo who I believe has also been good for Joe.The answer is yes I think he is a viable number two to Joe and the question might be more whether we can hang onto him if he isnt going to play much. As for Stu Taylor I actually like him! I am not saying he is a premier league keeper long term but he is capable of some excellent performances and often in training can be excellent and if he had to fill in the odd time or come off the bench I would have confidence.( I have never forgotten his performance against us for Arsenal when we were battered but could have scored planty but for him)

I don't expect De Jong to become another Silva, Barry, Yaya or even a Milner. My mine gripe is that defenders like Lescott who only has one foot to pass with still has the awareness (most of the time) to straighten up and run into space in midfield if it presents itself. For a midfielder he has to move forward more with the ball and play wingers/players into space. All I'm suggesting are simple on the deck side footers nothing fancy just get the ball moving in the right direction putting pressure on the other side. Too many times De Jong allows the opposing defence to reset and put more pressure on our own back line to create momentum.
South Stand Blue

steveo_88
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Previous

Return to Training Reports