Training Friday 20/1

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 20/1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Now I know what it's like to have a shower fully dressed! A full squad out today minus Viinie and the acn boys.And still Nedum despite my expectations that he might have been off somewhere for a medical or someting.Even a photographer and a fan wandering behind the fencing...those were the days.

Mario and Razak out early kicking a ball around before all the others arrived. Off for a gentle jog and giving the keepers planty of grief as they passed by.I was part of a group of 5 watching ,all the others being young Italians who Mancini greeted before the start.Then it was into a series of exercises all with a ball,all about first touch.verying between passes,volleys,headers,chest and pass etc etc. Kidd was leading on all this and very vocal but it didnt stop Mancini stepping in very early to show them the intensity he expected.

In one little break in this action Mario started a little juggle with a difference. Heading the ball high into the air again and again.Very impressive.He certainly seemed in good spirits but to be fair they all did.I even got the chance to wish Hargreaves a happy birthday while he was changing boots. Mancini then took everyone to another pitch for some tactical work and this was the main part of today's session.A lot longer than usual working on all sorts of corner and free kick routines and as ever great care taken in all aspects.Those not invloved in this work( they all were at different times) were in failry constant action doing fitness routines.

Then onto the game at the end but very different than usual as it was using 4 small nets and no keepers.Well actually there were 2 keepers but they didnt play in nets. Joe and Panti were outfield players. Plenty of goals in tis session but I am not sure how many counted. I think the rule was a certain number of passes had to be completed before a goal could be scored but I reckon the players lost sight of that detail .Mancini though was very clear as he stepped in that he was a lot more concerned with teams passing and keeping the ball than he was in scoring a goal.

Barry scored 2 eraly on
Commenets were made that Panti would play out of goal to mark Crouch when we play Stoke
Both keepers showed some good touches.Joe more of a holding defensive player and Panti a more roving role
Silva,Edin,Zaba,Barry again scored goals
best few moments were when a decision went against Joe and he turned shouting at the ref Lombardo.Then Silva chirped in and Joe went at him laughing and calling him a liar ( a bit Cannon and Ball style...you had to be there)
Panti went down under one challenge( non challenge actually) and it was like Blackpool Tower being demolished.

Not the longest overall session.One more to go and I hope it doesnt keep raining as those pitches are seriously wet.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 20/1

Postby feedthegreek » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:16 pm

nice one doug, just seen robertos presser he said mario and micah both fit for sunday.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/
Last edited by feedthegreek on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:23 pm

feedthegreek wrote:nice one doug, just seen robertos presser he said mario and micah both fit for sunday.

this eeeezzzz good news
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Cheers Doug.

Was the Israeli lad there ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:41 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Cheers Doug.

Was the Israeli lad there ?

Didnt spot him today.Certainly not with the 1st team squad but maybe with the others although I havent heard we are still trialling him.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:42 pm

feedthegreek wrote:nice one doug, just seen robertos presser he said mario and micah both fit for sunday.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/

I havent listened to the press conference yet but as I walked in today SSN were just doing a live broadcast near the gate and that's what they were saying.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Chinners » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Cheers Doug. Sure SSN will be asking for an interview with you soon, they must realise you are head tactical training coach watcher by now ;)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby feedthegreek » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:01 pm

2minutes of twitcher on sundays game.scroll down a bit.
http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0 ... 17,00.html
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby steveo_88 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Nice one Doug. You should try asking the Sheikh for one of those special gortex coats, they should keep you pretty dry.
South Stand Blue

steveo_88
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Postby Biamp » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:55 pm

Cheers Doug, good read as usual. Was Aguero fully involved? As he had an extra day off. Hargreaves looks fully fit yet??
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:12 pm

Biamp wrote:Cheers Doug, good read as usual. Was Aguero fully involved? As he had an extra day off. Hargreaves looks fully fit yet??

Aguero's fine and involved in everything except the last bit but he did a bix extra general fitness work.Hargreaves does look fully fit yes.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Bonus, 2 reports to read in 1 day. It's looking like we could have a strong team out on Sunday and I'm hoping Dzeko keeps his place, thought he looked nearly back to his best on Monday.

I wonder if there'll be a bit of rotation though, seeing that we've got the Dippers Wednesday?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Whassat » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Cheers Doug. Hope we bury spurs this weekend
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician