Training Saturday 21/1

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Saturday 21/1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:49 pm

In with Neil from BMoon today and nice sunny weather for a change even though the wind was a bit strong and blustery.Same 18 on show with Vinnie again using his time to rest.Looked like Micah and Edin in new boots.

Plenty of routine early on with jogs,fitness routines and keep ball circles. Mario and Savic broke away from the keep ball circle for a little head tennis of their own!Then Mancini took the whole group over to another pitch for some tactical preparation and we wandered over to the subs bench dug out.Really excellent view and close enough to hear some of the detail and with Mancini there is always detail.Very clear in what he is doing and what is expected throughout the team.As the players finished this short session and filed past they were all talking about specific issues relating to the game, all very focussed.

Back over for a pass and move session involving small nets which was very lively.Edin scored the only goal in this.Always good when a striker scores the only goal in any game.Then a break for drinks and some more fitness exercises before the game to finish it all off.

Barry scored an early goal which was all down to his awareness and reading of the game.It was a poor pass from defence but he saw it very early,intercepted and sidefooted home.
Clichy then scored with a superbly controlled cross shot in off the far post
Nasri almost created a goal with a great dinked pass over the top
the wind was causing problems with and lofted long pass
Joe closed AJ down brilliantly and may have touched onto the post
Panti then touched a gr8 Mario effort onto the post
Silva scored cleverly with his right foot and then shortly after an easier one with his left when given too much time and space
Joe saved brilliantly from Edin
Neil spotted it looks like Edin has highlights in his hair!
Aguero scored brilliantly but
A brilliant reverse pass from Edin almost sets up another goal.
Joe saves brilliantly again
Aguero ,one on one about 8 yards out,took on the defender and made space inside about 3 yards to score superbly.Disallowed though cos of an earlier foul way back.

Maybe I should focus on the defending a bit more even though it is usually the attacking stuff which catches the eye.Plenty of good defending on show today and to those who ask about Hargreaves I think I saw him in very good nick today.Obviously ongoing injuries aside ,I htink he can do a great job for us over the next 2 years or so.

And so it all finished.One or two not happy as they thought there were a few minutes left so had a go at the refs and even in training defeat isnt on the agenda.It all just reflects the great competitive spirit within the whole group. But it was a very good short sharp session.Players working very hard,battling away but for me showing a really good togetherness and spirit.

Just Gael stayed for a bit extra working on some wide attacking play.Everything about Gael says top professional which I am sure I have said before but this guy really works hard at his game.And although I hear the odd word about him being one footed I would say his right foot is pretty good.Did the cross bar challenge with his right and hit the bar nicely.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Saturday 21/1

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:54 pm

RE:Gael, i had read somewhere he was right footed and worked on his left foot as he had more chance of turning pro as left footed and now left is more prominent than his right(this is def true for Gamst pedersen),anyone else hear this? I never noticed him to be annoyingly left footed like say bridge was.

Cheers as usual for report doug
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:59 pm

Cheers Doug. I'd like to see something like this on Sunday:

[center]Joe

Zab - Micah - Joleon - Clichy

Milner - Barry

Sergio - Dave - Nasri

Edin[/center]

Sorry to say that I'd prefer Micah in the middle against the pace and trickiness of Defoe and vd Vart compared to Savic and I'd like to see Edin put 4 past them again ;-)

Edit: Not falling for it Doug, not even a snifter?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby MR IMAINEROAD » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers Doug. I'd like to see something like this on Sunday:

[center]Joe

Milner - Barry

Sergio - Dave - Nasri

Edin[/center]

Sorry to say that I'd prefer Micah in the middle against the pace and trickiness of Defoe and vd Vart compared to Savic and I'd like to see Edin put 4 past them again ;-)

I like that formation
5 English lads in the heart
2 Argentinians on one side
2 Frenchmen on the other
1 big beautiful Bosnian striker.
MR IMAINEROAD
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby MR IMAINEROAD » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:05 pm

MR IMAINEROAD wrote:

[center]Joe

Milner - Barry

Sergio - Dave - Nasri

Edin[/center]

I like that formation
2 Frenchmen on the other

Forgot the Spanish Wizard!
MR IMAINEROAD
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:18 pm

MR IMAINEROAD wrote:
MR IMAINEROAD wrote:

[center]Joe

Milner - Barry

Sergio - Dave - Nasri

Edin[/center]

I like that formation
2 Frenchmen on the other

Forgot the Spanish Wizard!

No you didn't, the name speaks for itself ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:37 pm

Thanx Doug.

Like the bit about Hargreaves. I'd be delighted if we could get him fully fit & performing again. The way we've kept him in cotton wool , barely using him even when not injured ,seems as if we really are trying to get him absolutely 100% fit rather than just chucking him in willy nilly & letting him sink or swim. Some people (fucking typically) belittle everything he does when he gets on, but he's looked ok to me, just rusty. It would be fantastic & hilarious if he came back.

It must be tough on his mental state when one decent injury effectively means the sack though. One twisted anlke & he's effectively unemployed, as we'd then give up on him. I hope he makes it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby phips » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:25 am

Wow, Clichy scored..thats a shocker. But I'm not at all surprised about everything you reported about him. I think he's the best LB in the prem and a massive steal for us
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Return to Training Reports