Training Thursday 26/1

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Thursday 26/1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Went along to watch the EDS train today and was treated to an 11 a side 45 minute game. Mancini and all the rest of the 1st team coaches were there and the game was on straight after a little early jog and some gentle warm up exercises. Milner,Vinnie,AJ,Hargreaves,Clichy,Razak were all out but Milner didn't take part in the game and went in after some extra work with Carminati.

It was a normal game with the exception of allowing only 2 touch in your own half. A little detail which caught out one or two early on but clearly designed to keep the play moving and not allowing defenders to dwell on the ball.Great to see Vinnie back and great for me to be as close as the touchline so I could hear everything that was going on. Vinnie constantly talking and encouraging and keeping players in the right positions.Picking out some specific instances from the match:

Decent effort from Mario from 20 yards
Good defending from Veseli.I though he looked solid all through at right back.
The power of Vinnie once in dispossessing on the the youngsters was awesome close up
A brilliant recovery challenge from Helan robbed Sarafim Mihajlov when he seemed clean through.
Vinnie did some refereeing to correct a corner kick decision.The ball had gone out of the back of an attacker from a Mario shot and Vinnie made him admit it to the ref :) Mario was baffled as he waited for the corner to be taken.
Some gr8 play from Roman but he missed the target
Brilliant play from Mario set Roman free and he did superbly running through to check and then curl into the top right corner.
Benali got through and brought a gr8 save from Panti and then Tse did very well to block a shot from the rebound
Mario took one on the chest and then knee before an overhead kick which Stu Taylor turned over
AJ was looking good with some gr8 passing.
One side with Gai Assulin and Suarez were perhaps not as protected in front of defence as the other team
AJ made a gr8 run to score with his right from a very tight angle but was given offside
Owen Hargreaves was increasingly influential.Available,good touch,moving the ball quickly
Roman broke in from the left and did an Thierry Henry to score just inside the far post

A friendly 11 a side game but some very strong play at times despite no shin pads on display.Lombardo took part as well in a midfield role and did well once to pull down AJ and made it seem all fun!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 26/1

Postby CityGer » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Thanks Doug.

A great read as always.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:01 pm

Thanks Doug.

I do hope our squad and staff realise that its imperative we win the league now, nothing else will do - which I am sure they do realise. Otherwise we will have pissed away what could have been one of the greatest seasons in our history.

Time to start piling up League wins and cranking up the pressure, starting with putting that Goodison Park bogey in the same box the Spurs one was placed.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby bigblue » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:19 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Thanks Doug.

I do hope our squad and staff realise that its imperative we win the league now, nothing else will do - which I am sure they do realise. Otherwise we will have pissed away what could have been one of the greatest seasons in our history.

Time to start piling up League wins and cranking up the pressure, starting with putting that Goodison Park bogey in the same box the Spurs one was placed.

League and Europa double would be magnificent and entirely possible.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby sheblue » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:05 pm

bigblue wrote:

we wont win the europa, it will be sacrificed to go all out for the league.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Biamp » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:52 pm

Cheers Doug, great read. Glad to see Mancini watching the youngsters and keeping track of their development.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Biamp » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:54 pm

sheblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:

we wont win the europa, it will be sacrificed to go all out for the league.

Indeed. We should rather focus on the league, and fuck all the Eroupa.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby littlebig » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:51 am

Thanks Douglas,

Always a very interesting insight
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany