Training Thursday 2/2

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Thursday 2/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Dressed up with all sorts of extra clothing and it was almost tropical with the sun beating down.Straight into my eyes so I couldnt see much either.As I went out the EDS boys were filing into the dome, created alonside the entrance drive for just this kind of weather.

Everyone out training today apart from Vinnie.He took a knock against Everton and was having an extra days recovery but I am assured will be fine for weekend.Micah was out but with a heavily banaged knee (from the warm up on Tuesday) but he was only out for 10 minutes or so.Again expected to be fine for Saturday.And then there's Milner with a heavy bandage on a hand. Nothing serious for James though just a broken hand.After jogging and a pass move initial exercise all the team from Tuesday went inside and the rest played an 8 a side game.

This included Efe Ambrose again and Rekik,Razak,Helan,Roman,F Mancini and also Mario back now to start his preparation for his next game a couple of weeks away.And of course Pizarro.And straightaway he made his mark by scoring the opening goal.I was told that yesterday in his first session he was mega impressive,not least with the way he passed the ball around both long and short.

The game itself was relatively short (Joe would have shouted himself hoarse if it had gone on much longer) and I think finished 3.3.The other goals were:

A beautiful 20 yarder from AJ
Nigel sweeping one in from about 10 yards when an attack seemed to break down
Hargreaves very similar to Nigel
Helan latching onto a loose ball
and finally Mario after a defender had just about stopped a great pass from Pizarro but he won the ball and volleyed home

Only an hours overall session today.Mancini did have words that I saw with a few players but I would expect a lot of talking would have been done yesterday and the main preparation for Fulham would be tomorrow.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 2/2

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:02 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Dressed up with all sorts of extra clothing and it was almost tropical with the sun beating down.Straight into my eyes so I couldnt see much either.As I went out the EDS boys were filing into the dome, created alonside the entrance drive for just this kind of weather.

Everyone out training today apart from Vinnie.He took a knock against Everton and was having an extra days recovery but I am assured will be fine for weekend.Micah was out but with a heavily banaged knee (from the warm up on Tuesday) but he was only out for 10 minutes or so.Again expected to be fine for Saturday.And then there's Milner with a heavy bandage on a hand. Nothing serious for James though just a broken hand.After jogging and a pass move initial exercise all the team from Tuesday went inside and the rest played an 8 a side game.

This included Efe Ambrose again and Rekik,Razak,Helan,Roman,F Mancini and also Mario back now to start his preparation for his next game a couple of weeks away.And of course Pizarro.And straightaway he made his mark by scoring the opening goal.I was told that yesterday in his first session he was mega impressive,not least with the way he passed the ball around both long and short.

The game itself was relatively short (Joe would have shouted himself hoarse if it had gone on much longer) and I think finished 3.3.The other goals were:

A beautiful 20 yarder from AJ
Nigel sweeping one in from about 10 yards when an attack seemed to break down
Hargreaves very similar to Nigel
Helan latching onto a loose bell
and finally Mario after a defender had just about stopped a great pass from Pizarro but he won the ball and volleyed home

Only an hours overall session today.Mancini did have words that I saw with a few players but I would expect a lot of talking would have been done yesterday and the main preparation for Fulham would be tomorrow.

Fixed ;-)

Cheers Doug.
Original Dub

Postby david yearsley » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:12 pm

Doug I heard some Swiss kid got fed up during training coz he wasn´t getting any attention and promptly took his ball over the other side of the fence to play with some new found friends who might actually give him a kick - shirley shome mistake?!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:43 pm

milner broke his hand??? guess that explains why bobby subbed him. all of these knocks show how much everton kicked the fuck out of us and walton just ignored it.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Chinners » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Cheers DH
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Bluedj » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:milner broke his hand??? guess that explains why bobby subbed him. all of these knocks show how much everton kicked the fuck out of us and walton just ignored it.

Bob, people on here we're having a go at my post labelled "Shite" after the match, obviously u saw what I saw......
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:milner broke his hand??? guess that explains why bobby subbed him. all of these knocks show how much everton kicked the fuck out of us and walton just ignored it.

did it happen in the Everton game?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby shortagain » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Any early observations on our new David
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:06 pm

shortagain wrote:Any early observations on our new David

Seems strong on the ball,can see and make a pass and knows where the goal is.Apart from that he is rubbish:)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:08 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

i just assumed that's when he did it. did you hear otherwise?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

i just assumed that's when he did it. did you hear otherwise?

Havent heard anything. I know Everton like to try and kick us off the park but they didnt have to on Tuesday.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Balotelli » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:38 pm

Doug, do you think Pizarro looks good enough to start for against Fulham?
Balotelli
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:48 pm

Balotelli wrote:Doug, do you think Pizarro looks good enough to start for against Fulham?

Yes
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Balotelli » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:52 pm

How would you compare him to our current midfielders (playing, style, ability, etc)?

Cheers, mate. :)
Balotelli
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:57 pm

Balotelli wrote:How would you compare him to our current midfielders (playing, style, ability, etc)?

One 10 minute session in an 8 a side match on a small pitch makes that a tricky question.Looks hard to knock off the ball so similar there to both Nigel and Barry but it does look like he can find a pass better than both.I don't think he is quick so more Barry than Nigel.

I reckon he will sit centrally and be a useful part of any team that looks after the ball and passes well.I expect the hope is that he has more going forward then Nigel in particular.I doubt his record has him scoring many goals but I am sure he has that in his locker as well. Just a very good link player is what we have but with great experience and know how.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Balotelli » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:59 pm

Interesting, I've just read an article saying that between 2007-10, he was the Serie A player with the most assists. Ahead of the likes of Pirlo, etc.

So this guy is the real deal, huh?
Balotelli
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby stockportblue » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Balotelli wrote:How would you compare him to our current midfielders (playing, style, ability, etc)?

I have seen him play in the stadio olympico a few times.Spalletti played him with DE Rossi in front of the back four.His strength is his passing rather than his tackling ability or his athleticism.His other strength is that he is very comfortable with the ball at his feet.Spalletti converted him from playing further up the pitch because he played a system where he wanted to control possession from the back.With Pizzaro's qualities he was very assured in the task his coach gave him.

On the down side sometimes he might give a stray pass that puts his team under pressure.
stockportblue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: stephen ireland

Return to Training Reports