Training Saturday 11/2

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Saturday 11/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Another good day at Carrington and a brief report as I want to watch the match at the swamp. A full squad out today with Rekik,Suarez,Helan and Roman back with the EDS group. Everyone seeming in high spirits so I hope that's a good omen for tomorrow.Such a good mood that I thought Micah and Mario were cooking something up between them.

A fitness routine or 2 then keep ball circles before they came closer to play one touch finish in the small nets and then headers only in the big nets. Razak scored first in the small nets to which Nigel added a couple.He really does score every week in the small nets.His first from close range and his momentum took the net over with him.

Then into the big nets and headers only to score and the first action was a goal bound header which Silva cleared away.Strange as they were on the same side but Mario thought it was funny.Micah as ever played as goal hanger looking for the headed goal and his shout of "hit the big man" was followed by a long ball which he duly headed home.

Then it was off for a few fun exercises and evryone was having a good time and it included all the coaches as well.Then into the final game which started with a brilliant point blank save from Panti. Clichy was having a great defensive game,Lescott proved he really can pass with a delicious chip ball for the running Clichy,Kolarov gave us an "AV IT" moment and then Nasri and Vinnie went down in a challenge. Oh no was the thought as the doc ran over with others but after a minute they were both up and looking fine.

Another great save by Panti and then a save from Mario.It all happened when he created havoc in the penalty area and as Silva shot he was trying to get out of the way but the ball smacked into his head and he went down like a sack of spuds.Ok after a little attention and some mickey taking from Joe.Nigel then flattened AJ much to his surprise,Milner went very close,Mario rattled a post,Silva scored from a very tight angle but was given offside.Micah brilliantly blocked a Mario shot before finally Silva got a tap in goal after a break from Barry and an attempted back heel goal.

Mario loved this winner and let Joleon and others know about in a real wind up.The winning team all got together with a little on fiedl celebration and Mario had a laugh with Joleon as he went off.Just 5 stayed out for some shooting practice.All the usual suspects.
Last edited by Douglas Higginbottom on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Saturday 11/2

Postby Nige » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Nice one Doug.

Vinnie and Nasri clashing? Surely that was VK clashing with Nasri as Samir doesn't tackle does he? Or does he get more stuck in at Carrington than during matches.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Re: Training Saturday 11/2

Postby Surrey Sky Blue » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Cheers Doug.
Hark now hear, The City sing, United ran away, And we will fight for ever more, Because of Derby day.
Surrey Sky Blue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Shorter working days
My favourite player is: Zabba!!

Return to Training Reports