Training Tuesday 14/2

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Tuesday 14/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:38 pm

First thing to say is no he wasn't there although there were loads of Sky and BBC folk around,mostly behind the fences.Plus the usual freelance photographers.Add to that it's school half term and plenty of fans around looking for autographs or anything they could get.Busy busy.

Slightly unusual start today, after Mancini had done his initial squad briefing the players all lined up in position (18 of them) against an EDS team. Looked as if it was going to be a very unfair match but the boss just spent a good few minutes talking to them all.I can only assume it was with Porto in mind and focussing on the way they play and their key players.I was watching alongside Neil from BMoon and a special mention for a young man with us getting a special treat inside to watch training with his father. In his City shirt with Billy Che on the back,number 9 and plays for Sale Utd under 9's.Even though it was cold he didnt want to cover up the City shirt and he got his bonus when he got the player's autographs.

Everyone out today fully fit and in great spirits again and after this initial work lead by Mancini he changed it to just work with a team while the others broke away to do a little exercise and some keep ball circles.The work Mancini was doing looked very focussed and specific and went on for a bit longer than usual.At the end the team that played against Villa called it a day.They clearly didn't need too much today and were allowed to rest while the others and the EDS guys (MJ Included) played the game.

Early on Nasri smashed one onto the bar( maybe Costel got a touch) but the early goal came from mario after a nice touch from Assulin. Cool sidefoot finish too. MJ then set up the equaliser for Edin and another cool sidefoot finish.And quickly the 3rd goal was Scapuzzi and all his won work as he flicked the ball past the defender and sent the keeper the wrong way.

Mario then took over and scored two more and was really in the mood.I really hope he is on Thursday if he plays.The 2nd of these two left the keeper motionless as he bent it in with his right foot.That was about it with the goals. Pizarro looked very competent in the midfield,Rekik good at the back and overall it was a decent game with so many of the stars missing.

It was followed by a session where about 8 or so went in pairs to attack crosses from Clichy on one side and Mancini on the other. Good practice for Clichy and he was pretty good but again I thought the star of the show was again Mario closely followed by Nasri.Both finishing excellently.After that they switched to a one touch finish with balls fed to them from the goalline to the edge of the box.This is where it went a bit wrong.For a time there were more shots flying over the trees and into the field behind.Mancini wasnt too happy so came out to stress it was all about timing and showed them how to do it.To be fair he was better than most of them even though his shots were off target.At least they had a bit of control about them and it was under pressure as the players were jeering as he approached the shots.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 14/2

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Any date for when the Toures are back? And is MJ michael johnson with assists in training?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Chinners » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Cheers Doug, as informative as ever, A+
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:09 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Any date for when the Toures are back? And is MJ michael johnson with assists in training?

I believe they are flying from the Ivory Coast today and going str8 to Porto. It certainly is/was Michael Johnson. Don't get over excited though.He played fine and looked ok but it isnt the 2nd coming.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:Any date for when the Toures are back? And is MJ michael johnson with assists in training?

I believe they are flying from the Ivory Coast today and going str8 to Porto. It certainly is/was Michael Johnson. Don't get over excited though.He played fine and looked ok but it isnt the 2nd coming.

cheers, i have never been one of Mjs biggest fans either way so wont be getting excited!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby littlebig » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Thanks Douglas,

Great read as always
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Thanks Doug

"This is where it went a bit wrong.For a time there were more shots flying over the trees and into the field behind"

It sounds like we could use T***z after all. Fetch!
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby darwenblue86 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Cheers Doug, great read.
darwenblue86
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Burt » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Thanks Doug

"This is where it went a bit wrong.For a time there were more shots flying over the trees and into the field behind"

It sounds like we could use T***z after all. Fetch!

Laffed me fuclin nadgers orrrrrrrrf at that mate hahahaaaa!..............[b]FETCH!!![/b]
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Crossie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:31 pm

Have Leicester cancelled his loan then? Im sure it was a season long loan.

I've officially given up with him, he barely made their bench. We have moved on. It's best for everyone if he moves to Oldham on a free.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby bobby brows » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Is MJ registered to play in any competition?
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:14 pm

cheers doug. could you provide your thoughts on da silva? word is we just let him go to everton on a free. i assume he fits in the same mold as veseli - a decent player, but one who is getting on for an EDS lad and not good enough to make the first team here. i have a good friend who is an everton supporter, and would like to give him a bit of a scouting report.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:20 pm

BmoreBlue wrote:cheers doug. could you provide your thoughts on da silva? word is we just let him go to everton on a free. i assume he fits in the same mold as veseli - a decent player, but one who is getting on for an EDS lad and not good enough to make the first team here. i have a good friend who is an everton supporter, and would like to give him a bit of a scouting report.

Tell him he's 7 foot tall & loves to run about kicking people. He'll be made up.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:22 pm

BmoreBlue wrote:cheers doug. could you provide your thoughts on da silva? word is we just let him go to everton on a free. i assume he fits in the same mold as veseli - a decent player, but one who is getting on for an EDS lad and not good enough to make the first team here. i have a good friend who is an everton supporter, and would like to give him a bit of a scouting report.

Hadn't heard about that one and I didn't know we actually had him on a contract.Yes I would say a decent player but not up to what we are looking for to break into the first team. Central midfield player but I never saw any attacking flair from him.Much more of a Nigel/Barry type player and a similar size to Nigel I think.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Crossie wrote:Have Leicester cancelled his loan then? Im sure it was a season long loan.

I've officially given up with him, he barely made their bench. We have moved on. It's best for everyone if he moves to Oldham on a free.

most sensible fuclers gave up on him 2 years ago or so...i'll mark it down for you as "official" on this date tho so that there's no confusion in case he comes good.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:28 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Crossie wrote:Have Leicester cancelled his loan then? Im sure it was a season long loan.

most sensible fuclers gave up on him 2 years ago or so...i'll mark it down for you as "official" on this date tho so that there's no confusion in case he comes good.

cheers

Bit of a shame really. But we'll always remember those 6 games he looked half decent though eh?
Last edited by Mase on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:07 am

Is Razak around Doug, if not do you think he's injured or gone to Brighton?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:47 am

johnny crossan wrote:Is Razak around Doug, if not do you think he's injured or gone to Brighton?

He has been around and was there yesterday so no move just yet.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:53 am

Any idea why MJ is back Doug? I was under the impression it was a season long loan.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:19 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Any idea why MJ is back Doug? I was under the impression it was a season long loan.

Not a clue.Will try to find out today.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to Training Reports