Training Tuesday 21/2

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Tuesday 21/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:03 pm

I read Vieira's comments this morning before I left.Excellent words from PV and what he said is what I saw today as they all came out for training.There seemed a real buzz today and the groups of players all in great spirits.Cameras were everywhere as it's the press day pre a euro match.Plenty outside as I arrived and strangely all I heard were eastern european voices as i walked in.The press conference had just finished and today had taken place in the dome rather than the regular media centre due to the extra numbers.

I was joined in the dug out by a friend of Silva and a fitness coach from Rennes who was here to watch Ivan Carminati and study our methods for a week.I noticed a couple of lads going to train with the EDS who I have never seen before.Must get along to watch one of their full sessions.Brian Kidd was going around shaking hands with all the players and having a quick word,Samir,Yaya and Clichy were having a laugh in a group.Sergio and Mario were moving around and mixing with everybody.That Sergio is such a sweetie( I am allowed to say that aren't I)

The same 19 on show today despite 1 or 2 little niggles from yesterday that I didn't mention but clearly not any problems.The first jog took them 200 yards away for some real exercises which were quickly followed by some keep ball circles.Even from a distance I could sense the increased intensity from yesterday both in the short/sharp fitness work and also the circles.Plenty of banter going on with Nigel being the loudest.

Then closer for a 2 touch passing game with goals which could only be scored if every player was in the attacking half.Different.Two goals scored by Silva (a delicate back flick) and a powerful shot from Yaya at close range.Then onto a game in the small goals and immediately a goal from Vinnie followed inevitably by one from Nigel.He followed that with a cry of " I own this game". Classic.A very notable thing for me in this short game was Pizarro.In and out of everything,always available,playing with his head up and moving the ball very quickly.Joleon was excellent in defence ensuring Nigel's team won.Samir did get one back but it ended 2.1 with a big miss by GB.

Off for drinks and a few more short sharp fitness exercises.Fast feet in and out of rope ladders and poles before sprinting away. And then into the final game.The intensity just carried on and it was 11 playing against 10 and a very early goal for the 11.Micah breaking on the right knocking a low ball in which Edin swept into the top corner with ease.He nearly scored a 2nd after a great first touch and volley which was well saved.

Sergio broke down the left to cross for Silva to head but Panti flicked it over.Joe could be heard laughing at the ease with which Costel reached the ball.
Nigel then smashed a left foot volley passed an unsighted Joe.
Mario was being marked by Vinnie most of the time but left him to control a long ball brilliantly,turn in and then out before firing low across Joe for a great goal.
The goals were flying today and next it was Yaya finding Sergio superbly and a great finish to make it 2.2
Silva was oozing quality and a great first touch and surge past the full back to then find Edin for a sweet goal.
Sergio now changed sides to change the balance in theory but his old side scored again through Silva.Nice finish too.
Nigel missed a chance at the other end,unusual given his form today
Then great interplay ,Yaya to Silva to Yaya and he scored easily
Milner scored a cool sidefoot goal
Kolarov found Milner with a beauty of a low cross and Milner flicked it in easily and they were running away with it even with a player less
Constant throughout was the sound of Joe's voice telling his defence either what to do or just what danger was around.

The end was called and a few stayed out for a little extra. Clichy decided he wanted to practice crossing.Nigel,AJ,Mario were shooting from the edge of the box with Pizarro helping like a coach.After a while he went over to help Clichy.Kolo did a little extra running.Mancini took Mario aside for some extra coaching,all words.All in all a very good high intensity session even though on the short side.As I left Hargreaves came out to work but no sign of the other guy.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 21/2

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks Doug. Interesting as ever.

So did you mean that the idea with goals being scored only when everyone is in the attacking half, is something you've never seen before ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:21 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Thanks Doug. Interesting as ever.

So did you mean that the idea with goals being scored only when everyone is in the attacking half, is something you've never seen before ?

If I have seen them do it before I hadnt recognised it as such.One moment where a team was attacking was quite funny as Silva realised he was in the wrong half and ran quickly and almost jumped over the half way line before a goal was attempted.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

If I have seen them do it before I hadnt recognised it as such.One moment where a team was attacking was quite funny as Silva realised he was in the wrong half and ran quickly and almost jumped over the half way line before a goal was attempted.

Cheers.

Anything which encourages them to get forward in groups is welcome in my book.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dubciteh » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Cheers.

We always did this in training as kids. Always enjoyed it.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:50 pm

Cheers Doug.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby SmallTimeCharlie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Best threads on the site.
Thanks Doug.
City have soul. United do not.
SmallTimeCharlie
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Goataldo » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Good stuff.

Even Doug has a man-crush on Sergio! Hehe
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Dannyhig » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:52 pm

Is tevez still training on his own ?
Dannyhig
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:07 pm

Dannyhig wrote:Is tevez still training on his own ?

Is he training?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:29 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Cheers.

You won't be saying that on Saturday when Hart's rushing up the field
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks Doug, enjoyed that report.

When they were 10 v11, didn't you offer to make the numbers up and even the sides?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Whassat » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:38 pm

Excellent report Doug. Funny that NDJ scores as much as he does in training and just two so far officially :)
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:49 am

john68 wrote:Thanks Doug, enjoyed that report.

When they were 10 v11, didn't you offer to make the numbers up and even the sides?

They know I would be a defensive rock and that's not what they need so I have to sit it out
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john68 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:20 am

john68 wrote:Thanks Doug, enjoyed that report.

They know I would be a defensive rock and that's not what they need so I have to sit it out

I for one am very greatful that Bob thought you were shite at "Left Outside" and and had you moved to "Right Inside"...:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dameerto » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:27 am

Is he training?

I read somewhere that he gets to Carrington after Mancini leaves, so outside your viewing window probably. I would imagine he has a lot of basic fitness stuff to do before he gets to actual first team training.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:48 am

Dameerto wrote:

Is he training?

I read somewhere that he gets to Carrington after Mancini leaves, so outside your viewing window probably. I would imagine he has a lot of basic fitness stuff to do before he gets to actual first team training.

I am sure that's the case.There has been one showing on SSN of him running around with a physio but he won't have been training with the EDS boys as they usually train at the same time as the first team.

It's been interesting that basically no mention has ever been made of him within my hearing but when I asked ,immediately after he came back,somebody did say he looked fitter than expected.Maybe I will see him with the first team after the Porto game.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:00 am

Dameerto wrote:

Is he training?

I am sure that's the case.There has been one showing on SSN of him running around with a physio but he won't have been training with the EDS boys as they usually train at the same time as the first team.

It's been interesting that basically no mention has ever been made of him within my hearing but when I asked ,immediately after he came back,somebody did say he looked fitter than expected.Maybe I will see him with the first team after the Porto game.

I said on here during the transfer window, that there's no way he would be completely unfit, because he was expecting to be playing for AC Milan by now. There is no doubt in my mind, that this whole situation has been instigated by that frog faced shithouse at Milan & that he was expecting to get Tevez on the cheap, just like he instigated the Robinho move & is trying the same with Balotelli. Hence, Tevez not seaking a move elsewhere & now having to come back with his tail between his legs when the slimeball let him down.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BmoreBlue » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:02 pm

i read an article in some rag (so take it for what it's worth) that tevez came back only 6 lbs overweight - if true, kia's claim that he could be fit to play in two weeks time isn't far off. i imagine he'll train alone for about that time - maybe until after blackburn at the weekend.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Return to Training Reports