Training Monday 5/3

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Monday 5/3

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:56 pm

Lovely sunny day at Carrington today as I arrived to find AJ in reception trying out some new boots.Bright orange so he won't be hard to spot. Photographers well placed behind the fencing to get pictures as the players left the changing room and on bigger ladders than I ever used:)

21 players training today with just Zaba missing.For Zaba the word is the injury isnt bad and it's probably a week.Micah was back training although mostly on his own with a physio.Rekik back with the squad today as was Hargreaves. Mario came over for a hug and hand shake when he came out but only for Italian friends and sadly not for me :(

All the exercises/stretches today were done in 2 groups with the Bolton team kept separate and doing less onerous stuff.A fairly typical first day back where they get back in slowly but everyone in good spirits with Nigel especially lively.After some exercises it was into a pass/move and pressing game which overall was quite impressive. Absolutely no space for much of the time due to the quick strong pressing but some great quality when players could see and manage to switch the play with a long pass.

After that the Bolton team went in and Wabara came over to make up an 7 a side game which had loads of goals starting with one from Milner.Good to see the strikers all getting a few with arguably the best from Edin getting past a defender to hammer one in off the bar from a tight angle.Carlos got a very good one under severe pressure and another where he rounded the keeper well.Sergio's best came when he stopped the defender and then showed how quick he is over 3 or 4 yards to shift the ball to his left and find the space he needed to fire home.Pure class.

Scapuzzi got a few , Nigel only managed one onto the bar,Silva looked really strong and scored a couple before the golden goal was announced.It came when Edin broke through only to be stopped by Rekik but the ball went loose for Kolarov to finish. Strangely they carried on and Carlos bent one onto the inside of a post to almost equalise but then it all ended.

Many stayed out for a little shooting practice although not for very long. Just Milner,Kolarov and Hargreaves kept at it and were still going when I left.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Monday 5/3

Postby ant london » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:13 pm

MJ?

MB?

Were the Italians part of MB's stripclub Mafia?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:23 pm

ant london wrote:MJ?

MB?

Were the Italians part of MB's stripclub Mafia?

MJ might have been with the EDS boys but I couldnt see them. I must go and find that picture from Friday morning to see if they were the same guys.Doubt it though as Mancini was also welcoming them.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:29 pm

How are the players acting around CT? I'm thinking mainly Sergio and Silva.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:33 pm

I'm pleased AJ will be easier to spot. I've had a lot of trouble spotting him lately!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:41 pm

john@staustell wrote:I'm pleased AJ will be easier to spot. I've had a lot of trouble spotting him lately!!

I thought he was excellent on Saturday, and has in general been playing far better than the lack of credit he gets may suggest.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bobby brows » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:42 pm

Cheers Doug,

quick question from the Kolo thread, if it came to it who woulid be the EDS right back if Micah/Zabba were injured and assuming you wouldn't wanna play Kolo or Savic there? you've reminded of Reece Warbara who made his debut their on the last day of last season but I thought he was more a cb. also, could your pick play in an emergency on thursday a la that time Sam Williamson played against Pompey!
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ant london » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I'm pleased AJ will be easier to spot. I've had a lot of trouble spotting him lately!!

I thought he was excellent on Saturday, and has in general been playing far better than the lack of credit he gets may suggest.

He was good again I have to admit. Better first half than second but the last couple of games he's played have been a massive improvement. Whoever has encouraged him to actually go to the byline and cut the ball back deserves a big pat on the back.

The fact that he is not ALWAYS now looking to cut inside onto his left foot at the corner of the box makes him a lot more difficult to deal with. Some of his right footed cutbacks have been deeeeecent too.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:20 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:How are the players acting around CT? I'm thinking mainly Sergio and Silva.

I would say it's as if nothing had happened from the way the players act around him.Nothing noticeably different to any other player. Sergio possibly chats to him more than others which isn't a surprise but I have seen Silva mixing/chatting with him as well.Same with Nigel.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:22 pm

bobby brows wrote:Cheers Doug,

quick question from the Kolo thread, if it came to it who woulid be the EDS right back if Micah/Zabba were injured and assuming you wouldn't wanna play Kolo or Savic there? you've reminded of Reece Warbara who made his debut their on the last day of last season but I thought he was more a cb. also, could your pick play in an emergency on thursday a la that time Sam Williamson played against Pompey!

It's pushing it a bit to think of Micah,Zaba,Savic and Kolo all being missing but yes I would go for Wabara there in such an emergency.He is strong enough and quick enough.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Even in that scenario he'd probably still start Milner ahead of Wabara. Or Clichy at right back and Kolarov on the left. He'd do something like that I reckon.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Cheers Doug
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:How are the players acting around CT? I'm thinking mainly Sergio and Silva.

I would say it's as if nothing had happened from the way the players act around him.Nothing noticeably different to any other player. Sergio possibly chats to him more than others which isn't a surprise but I have seen Silva mixing/chatting with him as well.Same with Nigel.

Does Nigel speak Spanish?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:06 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

Dutch.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:09 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

I would not be surprised if he did but Silva has said he speaks english in the changing room
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bobby brows » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:11 pm

I read that when Aguero arrived he made everyone speak english only in the dressing room and they've got a fine system going! and Aguero had paid the most too!
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:36 pm

bobby brows wrote:I read that when Aguero arrived he made everyone speak english only in the dressing room and they've got a fine system going! and Aguero had paid the most too!

I love these little Sergio soundbites. I almost cried tears of happiness when, shortly after joining, he said he'd never been a fan of hot weather and actually quite liked the rain.

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I would say it's as if nothing had happened from the way the players act around him.Nothing noticeably different to any other player. Sergio possibly chats to him more than others which isn't a surprise but I have seen Silva mixing/chatting with him as well.Same with Nigel.

Cheers for that, Doug!
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:03 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
bobby brows wrote:I read that when Aguero arrived he made everyone speak english only in the dressing room and they've got a fine system going! and Aguero had paid the most too!

I love these little Sergio soundbites. I almost cried tears of happiness when, shortly after joining, he said he'd never been a fan of hot weather and actually quite liked the rain.

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I would say it's as if nothing had happened from the way the players act around him.Nothing noticeably different to any other player. Sergio possibly chats to him more than others which isn't a surprise but I have seen Silva mixing/chatting with him as well.Same with Nigel.

Cheers for that, Doug!

Just heard Noel Gallagher on TalkShite say the same from last Friday when he went to training.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to Training Reports