Training Tuesday 13/3

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Tuesday 13/3

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Just back from Carrington as the start time was changed to 3pm today.And it was a low key day as the first day back after a game.Zaba was leaving as I arrived having done his day inside working on regaining fitness and Barry had also just left.He's carrying an injury which stops him running flat out (no jokes needed) and was really why he came off on Sunday.

Good to see Lescott out there later even though he was only taking part in running and general exercises.Yaya and Clichy were also using today as a full recovery day while the rest of the team went in before the "match" at the end of the session.Carlos was in reception when I entered and was signing loads of shirts and being filmed for Inside City as he did it.Off out to the pitch and noticeably a photogrpaher was oerched on a massive ladder leaning against a tree and looking down on the pitch/players. Jose went over to explain the error of his ways and he left!

15 players on view for the early exercises and then a break where Mancini took a team away for some of the regular preparation for the next game,changing 5 of the players after 5 minutes or so.This was mostly about attacking play,passing and lots of movement.That didn't take long before they came back for a pass and move game with plenty of emphasis on the pressing game.Again not a long session and it's here where the Sunday team went inside.

The remaining players played a 5 a side game with goals all over the place.Milner and Hargreaves probably top individual scorers but goals also forTevez,Dzeko,Kolarov and a new young player called Lombardo.If you believe the press reports there is open revolt at City but today they all disguised this very well.All looked fairly normal today for me even if I cant say the place was buzzing.

I would have been surprised if it had been considering the last 2 results but there was plenty of the normal stuff on view even if the intensity I often see in the game wasnt there.It's the first day back and recovery was still the key thing for the day.Tomorrow will be different I am sure.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 13/3

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:17 pm

thanks DH,as usual, for your precious feedback.

Were You able to count how many punches GazBaz & Bob did exchage?
spring has sprung and so did the usual unrest... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby paddyblue » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:40 pm

thanks doug, does tevez look ready for half a game in the first team
paddyblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:53 pm

paddyblue wrote:thanks doug, does tevez look ready for half a game in the first team

Yes he could easily do a subs role in needed.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Chinners » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Was the bloke up the ladder from the Daily Star per chance? If he was moved and didn't actually see anything it would explain some of their 'made up' articles
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Cheers Doug, a quick one though. Why did Yaya and Clichy get a rest day, is it normal for players to get individual days off?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers Doug, a quick one though. Why did Yaya and Clichy get a rest day, is it normal for players to get individual days off?

eeees normalll no?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers Doug, a quick one though. Why did Yaya and Clichy get a rest day, is it normal for players to get individual days off?

eeees normalll no?

At 5 billion a week they shouldn't get a day off, they should be flogged for 24 hours a day!

Lazy Twat's ;-0
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:44 pm

I would put it down to the sports science guys.They will be tested all the time and if certain figures say they need more work or less work that's what they get. That's why on many days they do two types of basic exercises to fit in with the different individual needs. Yaya and Clichy didnt get the day off they just did less.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

I would put it down to the sports science guys.They will be tested all the time and if certain figures say they need more work or less work that's what they get. That's why on many days they do two types of basic exercises to fit in with the different individual needs. Yaya and Clichy didnt get the day off they just did less.

That's what I thought mate, just came across that they got the day off, if you know what I mean.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:49 pm

thanks also for replying to my tentative humour.
with a couple of typing errors too.
cheers

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Return to Training Reports