Training Wednesday 14/3

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Wednesday 14/3

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:43 pm

A cold Carrington today but,being press open day,it was full of reporters and cameras.About twice as many as for the day before the first leg against Lisbon.Jose was talking with one reporter from a national paper in Portugal to find they cam from the same small town.Only about 200 in the "town" but they didnt know each other.( he did leave it 20 years ago)The SSN reporter (James Cooper I think) wandered past on the phone telling someone about Carlos' slightly OTT City headgear.

Yaya was first out and chatting away with Mancini and Platt.Followed then by Lescott and Clichy. Clichy was knocking a ball around with Fausto when Mario came.The ball was passed to Mario who just wellied it as far as he could.A classic Mario and John Smith's HAVE IT moment. After the usual gathering for the Mancini chat they all jogged off into the distance for some routine loosening and stretching exercises followed by keep ball circle stuff.Seemed they had gone as far away as possible to test the long lenses!Immediately the cameras left they missed the best photo opportunity as Mario got a ball full in the face in the keep ball circle.

Back close up for a passing game where goals could only be scored through two poles with a first touch.Great defending from Savic kept goals out and some also from Mario at the other end as he played very deep for a change.2 goals scored in the end by Carlos and Savic.Then into a small net game with only 2 goals again this time by Nasri and Pizarro.Surprisingly Nigel didnt get one in this game for a change.

And so into the game at the end.The 10 a side teams were:
Joe Hart plus AK,YT,SS,MR,DS,OH,DP,CT,ED
Costel plus KT,GC,MB,JM,SA,SN,AJ,NDJ,AL

Which team is stongest and most likely to win?

Carlos scored very quickly but it seemed to be disallowed but I have no idea why.A no backpass rule was employed which is unusual and caused some real problems when defenders were pressed as they were all the time.The first goal came from Edin and then immediately a sweet move saw AJ put a great ball across but Nigel at full pace couldnt turn it in.

Plenty of really good play before Clichy equalised.Breaking down the left but cut inside to hit a strong right foot shot.Plenty of arguing that there was an offside interfering with play but I am sure the goal stood.The game was quite high intensity and Edin did brilliantly to set up Carlos but he shot just over,before he (CT) scored a super goal only to have it chalked off for offside.Some excellent attacking play saw Nigel driving forward(oh yes he was!) to shoot across the keeper and wide but Sergio came in fast to turn it home.Offside claims were ignored again.
Mario got to the byline and pulled a great ball back but nothing came of it.
The best move of the match,flowing down the right,saw Milner shoot just wide
Sergio was very close after set up play from Milner
Carlos and Kolo was a great tussle to watch ( Tevez called Carlito by teammates!)

That was that a a 2 .1 win although plenty of others claiming it was a 2.2 draw:) Half went in and plenty stayed for some shooting practice which as aver became competitive to see who would be last to score.AJ,AK,JM,ED,NDJ,SN all involved with DP feeding balls to them. Mario also staying out but at the other end working on his finishing plus a bit more.And as ever Clichy working away with one of the coaches.Mancini spent a bit of extra time talking with Savic,couldnt quite hear any detail.

The shooting practice ended with a few penalties which I have to say were superb,Milner especially but the best would go to Pizarro.He did have one saved ,scored a couple before he came up for another and gently chipped it down the middle.His celebration was classic and he turned away shouting and went into a Klinsman slide to the amusement of all watching.

Good session and if the buzz wasnt fully there yesterday it was again today.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Wednesday 14/3

Postby Chinners » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Quality, my most looked forward thread on here, cheers as ever DH
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:02 pm

Chinners wrote:Quality, my most looked forward thread on here, cheers as ever DH

Mine too along with the boll.......oh wait a minute ;-)

Cheers Doug
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Chinners » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:15 pm

<grumble - mutter - slinks off>
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Thanks DH
One of your best reports that :-)
The quality within those 2 teams is incredible. What a great squad we have.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Balotelli » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:14 pm

Who is Jose?

And thanks Doug
Balotelli
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:21 pm

Balotelli wrote:Who is Jose?

And thanks Doug

Jose is Jose Duque,Mancini's interpreter,chaffeur,assistant who looks after me when I am at Carrington.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:27 pm

Pizarro seems like such a likeable bloke.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby john68 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:14 pm

Why do City bother to have press days.
It would be easier for the club to hols "Fairy Story" writing classes for them.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:22 pm

john68 wrote:Why do City bother to have press days.
It would be easier for the club to hols "Fairy Story" writing classes for them.

They don't need lessons/classes John they are already masters of fairy stories as we know. The press days are contracual within the european cup competitions so we have to suffer them
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby chips » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:27 pm

How were yaya and balo? Just asking due to the argument allegations in the media.
chips
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:34 pm

chips wrote:How were yaya and balo? Just asking due to the argument allegations in the media.

More media crap.Even if they had words in the tunnel at half time last Sunday it was a non event.They came out after half time and were talking normally.Nothing more than I would expect from friends.From everything I see at Carrington I would say they get on really well.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby chips » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:46 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
More media crap.Even if they had words in the tunnel at half time last Sunday it was a non event.They came out after half time and were talking normally.Nothing more than I would expect from friends.From everything I see at Carrington I would say they get on really well.

Ahh cheers doug! The last thing we need is unrest. You've put my mind at ease.
chips
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Return to Training Reports