Mother's Day Training

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Mother's Day Training

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:58 am

An early start today at 10am which might just have caught one or two players out.One arriving as I did at 9.45 and another at 9.56 no names of course.No Roberto Mancini today at all so I expect he will be seen at either the Wolves game or maybe even Stoke.

Good to see Barry back out alongside Zaba but no Vinnie or Lescott yet in the 20 players on show.Suarez and Wabara making up that number. I walked out with a friend of Costels over from Romania.Plat took the initial briefing before they broke into two groups for initial exercise and stretches.Meanwhile in the background the keepers were already hard at it and using crash mats to cushion the landings as they were going through a lot of diving work.

Then into a possession game with one team trying to score past Stu and the other looking to release a player in a 10 yard area just beyond the half way line.Pressing was also high on the agenda with this exercise.I was also being entertained by Charlie Platt again who just needed to be kicking a ball about at all times.He had one of the keeper balls which was a smaller size (size4) which the keepers often use to make saving/catching harder.Whatever else was going on on the pitch one of the most notable things to me was the constant talking and helping each other with shots.Kolo leading the way but Micah quite vocal as well.

After a game of that it was more exercises including a bit of running ,then the same game again and then more exercises.Before the final game started Mario took one or two pens at Joe which will just reaffirm Joe's belief that he is the best around at taking penalties.Zaba didnt play in the game but carried on working with a physio and the first goal came from Silva from a lay off from Pizarro.Mario soon scored another but was given off side but he celebrated before he knew and the watching 7 year olds from City's academy had a good laugh.

There were 20 yound guns from the academy there today for a tour and to get as many things signed as they could.On the pitch Carlos hammered one home from a neat Milner pass.Costel then caught Milner in a one on one situation.It looked to me that Costel was almost pulling out and of course Milner wasnt.Fortunately nothing serious although JM not the happiest for a brief moment. Carlos scored another from about 20 yards and Sergio hit a beauty of a left foot volley but Joe brilliantly tipped it over.

The players started to leave now and had the run the line of the 7 year olds seeking autographs which it looked like they enjoyed. A few penalties were going on in the background plus some other shooting practice.Mario again beating Joe but this time Joe went the right way.I am sure Mario recognised this so instead of the usual sidefoot he blasted it in off the post.

Alll good today even if not that intense but again the first day back after 2 days so normal.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Mother's Day Training

Postby Chinners » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Excellent, cheers Doug. Did any of the 7 year olds come up to get your autograph?
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby phips » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:45 pm

No Vinnie or Lescott....ugh, that means Kolo and Savic paired in the middle of defense vs. Chelsea...
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Chinners wrote:Excellent, cheers Doug. Did any of the 7 year olds come up to get your autograph?

Shame but no and I got some funny looks when I tried to get in the line for the autographs.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:02 pm

phips wrote:No Vinnie or Lescott....ugh, that means Kolo and Savic paired in the middle of defense vs. Chelsea...

Nothing definite yet just because they wern't here today!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Chinners » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:19 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Chinners wrote:Excellent, cheers Doug. Did any of the 7 year olds come up to get your autograph?

Shame but no and I got some funny looks when I tried to get in the line for the autographs.

Ha ha ha, quality
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby ashton287 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:14 pm

I hope to fucking god lescott is back for Chelsea.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby phips » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:15 am

phips wrote:No Vinnie or Lescott....ugh, that means Kolo and Savic paired in the middle of defense vs. Chelsea...

Nothing definite yet just because they wern't here today!

ashton287 wrote:I hope to fucking god lescott is back for Chelsea.

What was Lescott's injury? A groin strain? If he supposedly could've made the bench for Swansea last week then maybe
he can make a come back for Chelsea.

I feel like Vinnie may be out the Chelsea game and return after..I hope I'm wrong though..we could use our captain back

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Lescott is looking to back in the squad for Wednesday according to his twitter feed this morning

"Morning all, I'm loking for a good reaction from treatment/training today if there is a chance to be involved Wednesday. #Pray4Fab"
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:36 pm

Invisible Man Fan wrote:Lescott is looking to back in the squad for Wednesday according to his twitter feed this morning

"Morning all, I'm loking for a good reaction from treatment/training today if there is a chance to be involved Wednesday. #Pray4Fab"

Wow good luck if that says to you that he is in the squad for Wednesday!

Just says to me that he will be having treatment today,maybe doing training and hopes the outcome needs to be good for him to be involved for Wednesday.

I hope he is in training later when I go along.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby phips » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:No Roberto Mancini today at all so I expect he will be seen at either the Wolves game or maybe even Stoke.

Apparently he was in France watching Eden Hazard...hmmm

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Wow good luck if that says to you that he is in the squad for Wednesday!

Just says to me that he will be having treatment today,maybe doing training and hopes the outcome needs to be good for him to be involved for Wednesday.

I hope he is in training later when I go along.

I said he is looking to be in the squad, not that he IS in the squad
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Return to Training Reports