Training Friday 23/3

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 23/3

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:02 pm

First things first I hear there is a legends game tonight at Platt Lane.It's a charity game (don't know the charity) but the first I heard of it was in the reception at Carrington today.8pm kick off if you fancy seeing Andy Morrison,Andy Hinchcliffe,Mike Sheron,Jim Melrose,Nicky Summerbee and more.

Really warm, shirt sleeves and shorts weather but still plenty of players and coaches still with plenty of layers on..but not for long and only mario stayed right through wearing a training top.As I went out with the regular Tevez entourage there was already one player out talking with Mancini and that was Mario.All the rest,minus Vinnie and Lescott,came out and milled around while they kept talking for quite a while.I got to wish Rekik and Scapuzzi good luck as they go to Pompey after today's training session.Mancini eventually came over and took the whole group away for a chat and some specific words as he organised the players into positions no doubt with Stoke in mind.

Plenty of exercises followed, and then keep ball circles and I noticed one City fan climbing into a tree to get a half decent view through the curtain when the players were close up to the fencing.Kolarov was trying to get a tan on his thighs as he wore his shorts very high!! It didn't catch on as others laughed a little.Overall a very relaxed atmosphere in the squad.Some passing games then before the game with headers only to score as long as 5 passes had been completed.

As ever Micah got a goal with a towering leap but there was also a goal for Barry and Costel or Massive as they seem to be calling him now.I think I noticed a snood with that on it.Milner seemed to like to call him Gigantor which was quite good.For his headed goal Micah had been shouting to get the cross into the big guy and when it came over he (massive) didnt even jump to win it!

After this work out the players from the Chelsea game finished and sat around in the sun while the rest played a game with 5 added from the EDS. MJ ,Elabdellioui,Wbara,Helan and Suarez.The early goal came from a deflected shot from Mario which deflected over Stu then some great work from Mario saw him just shoot wide. Carlos equalised with a nice finish from a Milner pass and Hargreaves scored at the back post after a good move where Rekik had set Helan free down the left.

Another chance for Mario ended in a collision but the ball broke to AJ who did a Messi and dinked it over the keeper.Carlos scored a great acrobatic volleyed which pleased the watching players but it was ruled offside.Incorrectly according to Nigel who was constantly making his thoughts known.A ball broke to Mario about 10 yards out and he built himself up for a thunderbolt with a run up! Stu was delighted when it crashed into a post and went away.

Kolarov found Suarez unmarked about 12 yards out and he fiinshed very well before Edin was just wide with a good effort as the game ended.Good game,keenly contested and I am not sure who won! 6 stayed for some shooting practice in Edin,Mario,Owen plus Milner,Kolarov and Pizarro.I decided I had had enough and was rewarded seeing Mike Summerbee in reception to took the opportunity to say hello.Made my day.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 23/3

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:09 pm

does milner still have his cast? feels like we haven't seen him in ages. think he'll feature in bob's plans tomorrow?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby CityGer » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:20 pm

Cheers Doug.

Any sign of Merlin's Mojo? Have a look for it next week, will you?
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:22 pm

Cheers Doug. Mike Summerbee's always got time for everyone, he amazes me how hospitable he is. Some really nice perks you've got there, and much deserved.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:43 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:does milner still have his cast? feels like we haven't seen him in ages. think he'll feature in bob's plans tomorrow?

I am like others wondering why he hasn't featured lately as he trains very hard all the time. Can't say I noticed whether the bandage/cast was on or not today.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Pity VK and JL are out both would be brilliant against the aerial bombardment.
Thanks Doug
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:does milner still have his cast? feels like we haven't seen him in ages. think he'll feature in bob's plans tomorrow?

I am like others wondering why he hasn't featured lately as he trains very hard all the time. Can't say I noticed whether the bandage/cast was on or not today.

thx doug.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:25 pm

Thanks Doug.

Disappointed to read no Vinnie. Maybe we should play Massive outfield against the Neanderthals, he could stand in front of the thrower, fuck up their whole game plan.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby bigblue » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm quite confident that he'll play vs. Stoke. Mancini likes to change the midfield & wingbacks when games are only 2-3 days apart. Plus Milner is built for a game against Stoke.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby ant london » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:46 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Thanks Doug.

Disappointed to read no Vinnie. Maybe we should play Massive outfield against the Neanderthals, he could stand in front of the thrower, fuck up their whole game plan.

I don't think you can infer no Vinnie from Doug's report....I fully expect him to play tomorrow if I'm honest. It's only supposed to be Lescott who will miss out on this
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:01 pm

ant london wrote:

I don't think you can infer no Vinnie from Doug's report....I fully expect him to play tomorrow if I'm honest. It's only supposed to be Lescott who will miss out on this

I think you can mate, no Vinnie tomorrow.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dunnylad » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:03 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I think you can mate, no Vinnie tomorrow.

Yup he's tweeted he's aiming for the Sunderland match
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby phips » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:27 pm

ant london wrote:

Yeah, I expect Milner and Dzeko to start tomorrow with NDJ, Nasri, Yaya, and Aguero and whatever back 4 Bob chooses.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:59 pm

Just watched the latest Inside City which included Micah's towering header and Massive's nod!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby twosips » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:19 am

I recognised those goals from your report :D

Pretty much the last thing you hear as well is Micah shouting 'Massive!' as he hits the post. Brilliant video. One of my faves. The camaraderie (i refuse to say 'banter') between hart, micah, lescott and de jong is brilliant.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby phips » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:20 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Just watched the latest Inside City which included Micah's towering header and Massive's nod!

wow. Zaba's english is pretty damn good.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus