Training Wednesday 28/3

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Wednesday 28/3

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Lovely hot sunny day at Carrington for the first day back after a few days break.I needed my big cricket hat to keep the sun out of my eyes and not get a sunburned bonce.Only a few strange looks and comments but I reckon Brian Kidd might have been a leg spin bowler based on his action towards me.

But good news to start with as Vinnie was first out and took a full part in the whole session.He had been away in Italy seeking the best possible treatment so let's hope it's worked. Also good to see Lescott out from the start although he spent his time working alone with a physio. Sergio was also out but not taking part and left with Carminati no doubt to work inside.Surprisingly no Tevez but I understand he will be playing some part in tonight's EDS game for more match practice as will Hargreaves.Two others involved were MJ and Ibrahim.

First day after a short break and the heat made it a fairly gentle return.The usual jogging and warm up routines before a pass and move game. When they had a short drinks break we were all treated to a very vocal Massimo Battara the keeper coach giving Joe and co some grief.The players were all listening intently and no doubt having a laugh.When they started up with the passing game they upped their own noise levels to drown Massimo out. Very funny but maybe you had to be there.

All change after this session as Mancini took a team away and the rest stayed for a 6 a side game.The game was very short 3 minute bursts and then a break ,stretch and drink whilst Mancini was working on all sorts.Mostly attacking plays from what I saw with a lot of emphasis on movement and tempo.The players Mancini worked with were changed around a lot and like Massimo he was very vocal too.Also showing by example the kind of movement he was looking for.

Then as I wandered back to the 6 a side I missed my chance! They were a player down and Nigel asked if I fancied a game! I did say only if I could be on your side but it wasnt to be.No doubt at all the fun and noise levels had increased in the game when Nigel joined it.He always plays to win as I have said many times but he also likes to have fun and that was very evident today.He was the one coming out with all the one liners,telling his teamates not to pass to some body who was today's weakest link,screaming OMG and laughing as a sitter was missed.Then one great move where he played it out wide and then ran in for the cross.He seemed to be in slow motion as he leapt for his header and only managed to head onto the bar.

It was only 6 a side and not overly serious but always good to see a main striker find the net regularly as Edin did but I think the serious stuff will start tomorrow in the preparation for Saturday
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Wednesday 28/3

Postby Duckman » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:57 pm

thanx Doug.
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:08 pm

Top bombing Doug
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:31 pm

Was Balotelli there?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Great to see el capitano back, it'll be a huge boost for the team if he's back for Sunderland.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby SmallTimeCharlie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:39 pm

Quality Doug. And nearly joining in as well. THAT would have been a tale.
City have soul. United do not.
SmallTimeCharlie
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:41 pm

Was Nige asking if you'd go in goal, like the last kid to be picked ;-)

Also Doug, with Carlos playing in the EDS do you think he will still play a part at the weekend; is this usual?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Dubciteh wrote:Was Balotelli there?

Yes
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Was Nige asking if you'd go in goal, like the last kid to be picked ;-)

Also Doug, with Carlos playing in the EDS do you think he will still play a part at the weekend; is this usual?

Behave,I would clearly have been the playmaker!

I think 100% he will be involved on Saturday although maybe not to start as some media is suggesting.I just assume he is playing some EDS, if what I was told is right,just to get a little bit nearer to fully match fit.Is that usual ,I suppose it is.

Oh I forgot to mention that David Silva had 12 stitches in the wound from that nothing challenge from the Stoke thug that wasnt worthy of any sort of card!!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:24 pm

Just read a Mirror report that Mario was thrown out of training today. I must have been at a different session if he was!

During the part where Mancini was working on stuff with a "team" I could hear Mancini quite loud plenty of the time as he was shouting to get his message across.Quite possibly some was directed at Mario but as I said players were often switched around in the team Mancini worked with.When it was Mario's turn to switch back to the other group and play 6 a side that's exactly what he did.

Pictures can be made to tell whatever story a reporter wants ir seems.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby phips » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:41 pm

Did Silva show any glimpses of getting back to his scintillating form that he started the season with? I know
you've mentioned that when he was magical he was very dominant in training but as his form has dipped
(for whatever reasons) so has his dominance in training...

Also,
Tevez scored one and made another in midweek as City's second string brushed aside Morecambe 6-1.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:35 pm

phips wrote:Did Silva show any glimpses of getting back to his scintillating form that he started the season with? I know
you've mentioned that when he was magical he was very dominant in training but as his form has dipped

Also,
Tevez scored one and made another in midweek as City's second string brushed aside Morecambe 6-1.

No David was fairly quiet today but still with lots of quality.I have a little hope that his form will improve from now though.

I heard Tevez put himself about tonight at Morecambe.I don't think he will start but would not rule it out on Saturday.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Just read a Mirror report that Mario was thrown out of training today. I must have been at a different session if he was!

During the part where Mancini was working on stuff with a "team" I could hear Mancini quite loud plenty of the time as he was shouting to get his message across.Quite possibly some was directed at Mario but as I said players were often switched around in the team Mancini worked with.When it was Mario's turn to switch back to the other group and play 6 a side that's exactly what he did.

Pictures can be made to tell whatever story a reporter wants ir seems.

How annoying that the media can turn a story just like that but how refreshing that it can be defucted by our man on the spot.

Well played that man.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:01 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
phips wrote:Did Silva show any glimpses of getting back to his scintillating form that he started the season with? I know

Also,

No David was fairly quiet today but still with lots of quality.I have a little hope that his form will improve from now though.

I heard Tevez put himself about tonight at Morecambe.I don't think he will start but would not rule it out on Saturday.

I'm getting him in my Dream Team!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby getdressedmctavish » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Asked if he wants a game but TURNS IT DOWN! Are you man or mouse, Doug? There would have been left foot volleys, diving headers, sliding tackles, last gasp winners, rampant celebrations, but you TURNED IT DOWN. nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:46 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Asked if he wants a game but TURNS IT DOWN! Are you man or mouse, Doug? There would have been left foot volleys, diving headers, sliding tackles, last gasp winners, rampant celebrations, but you TURNED IT DOWN. nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I fear the only thing I could have guaranteed would have been the sliding part on the nice well watered surface.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:52 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Asked if he wants a game but TURNS IT DOWN! Are you man or mouse, Doug? There would have been left foot volleys, diving headers, sliding tackles, last gasp winners, rampant celebrations, but you TURNED IT DOWN. nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I fear the only thing I could have guaranteed would have been the sliding part on the nice well watered surface.

Ha ha ha, incontinence, not good ;-)

Anyone know how Tevez got on tonight?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:01 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Ha ha ha, incontinence, not good ;-)

Anyone know how Tevez got on tonight?

70 minutes for Tevez ,scored one ,won a penalty and put himself about as he usually does.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Biamp » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:31 pm

Cheers Doug, great read as usual. I read the other day that David Silva has been carrying an ankle injury since mid January. And that's the main reason behind his poor form of late. Is there any truth of that??
Biamp

Postby Biamp » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:33 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote: 70 minutes for Tevez ,scored one ,won a penalty and put himself about as he usually does.

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts on Saturday, even though I think it's too early for him to get a start yet.
Biamp

Next

Return to Training Reports