Training Friday 30/3

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 30/3

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:53 am

Back to normal with the weather as I arrived ar Carrington to be greeted by James Cooper in the car park just after the press conference. I asked him what "target" SSN had for today as their cameras were there and he gave me a strange look.

Out at the training I was joined but some of the usual Tevez crew plus a friend of Pizarro, over for a few days. A reporter from Udinese but a big Lazio fan.The team were all in good mood,Mario very playful and I expect some good footage for Inside City who were filming all the way through.The initial keep ball circles were full of laughter and with a group including Nigel,Micah,Joleon and Milner it's no surprise.

Vinnie fully involved from the start and happily so was Joleon but obviously no Aguero as Mancini had explained in the press conference.When they moved into a pass/move game Joleon took part which is a good step in his recovery as to date nothing had involved much ball work.It then stepped up into the 2 games they often do on the day before a match. Goals only with headers and then into the first touch only goals in the small nets.And as ever Micah scored early with a header and then Nigel from distance into the small nets..and didnt he let them know he owns that game :)

Mario also scored with a header and a penalty goal was awarded as Yaya handled to stop Edin scoring.Ivan finished this session with a game of tag with SS/ED and AK teaming up to get somebody.They chose Lescott and then it was Yaya before finally Tevez.He got away but Aleks just trapped him on his own.Then a drinks break and some more exercises before the final game.Vinnie and Joleon didnt take part in this but dont read anything into that re Vinnie.

Some really good goals scored in this with Mario looking very very busy.He got the first from a very good Milner ball then Edin followed from a Nigel cross.Then a very good header from Edin under real pressure from a Clichy cross.At the other end there was plenty of attacking but Clichy always seemed to be in the right position to make great clearances and blocks.

Back to goals and Mario set up a tap in for Milner with a superb pass across the 6 yard box.Massive saved a Yaya piledriver and Joe did the same from Mario before Yaya did score with a sweet low shot.The final goal came from Silva finishing off a Mario pass.That was about it and a shorter session than usual.Some went in,some had shooting practice and some just sat around and watched.

It was the regulars for the shooting practice and today I think the keepers came off 2nd best.AJ and Mario seemed especially on fire.No doubt at all that AJ has serious shooting ability, a very powerful shot when he gets it right.Kolarov also scoring some good ones,Nigel a few too so he could get his dance out at least once.The one not as good as usual was Milner who more often than not is a very good finisher.Typical of the man he was giving himself some stick for some of his efforts.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 30/3

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote: I asked him what "target" SSN had for today as their cameras were there and he gave me a strange look.

hahaha...nice!

milner's attitude is very, very refreshing. despite the inexplicable lack of playing time, he never moans and just continues working hard.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:25 pm

Thanks Doug,

What are the odds in you getting in the press conference? Would be interesting to see how much gets misconstrued or how many leading questions get asked in light of what has happened with PV.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:36 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Thanks Doug,

What are the odds in you getting in the press conference? Would be interesting to see how much gets misconstrued or how many leading questions get asked in light of what has happened with PV.

I wonder if I asked what they would say.By they I initially mean City but I wonder what the reporters would think as well if a an unknown face appeared.I agree it would be interesting.I would spend most of my time watching the faces of the reporters when answesr (and non answers ) are given plus of course trying to eavesdrop on their little conversations.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dazby » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:01 pm

Doug I'll try again in this thread. Brian Kidd, what does he actually do?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby paddyblue » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:02 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Thanks Doug,

I wonder if I asked what they would say.By they I initially mean City but I wonder what the reporters would think as well if a an unknown face appeared.I agree it would be interesting.I would spend most of my time watching the faces of the reporters when answesr (and non answers ) are given plus of course trying to eavesdrop on their little conversations.

wear your cricket hat with a "press" badge on it
paddyblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john68 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:24 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Back to normal with the weather as I arrived ar Carrington to be greeted by James Cooper in the car park just after the press conference. I asked him what "target" SSN had for today as their cameras were there and he gave me a strange look.

Out at the training I was joined but some of the usual Tevez crew plus a friend of Pizarro, over for a few days. A reporter from Udinese but a big Lazio fan.The team were all in good mood,Mario very playful and I expect some good footage for Inside City who were filming all the way through.The initial keep ball circles were full of laughter and with a group including Nigel,Micah,Joleon and Milner it's no surprise.

Mario also scored with a header and a penalty goal was awarded as Yaya handled to stop Edin scoring.Ivan finished this session with a game of tag with SS/ED and AK teaming up to get somebody.They chose Lescott and then it was Yaya before finally Tevez.He got away but Aleks just trapped him on his own.Then a drinks break and some more exercises before the final game.Vinnie and Joleon didnt take part in this but dont read anything into that re Vinnie.

Some really good goals scored in this with Mario looking very very busy.He got the first from a very good Milner ball then Edin followed from a Nigel cross.Then a very good header from Edin under real pressure from a Clichy cross.At the other end there was plenty of attacking but Clichy always seemed to be in the right position to make great clearances and blocks.

Back to goals and Mario set up a tap in for Milner with a superb pass across the 6 yard box.Massive saved a Yaya piledriver and Joe did the same from Mario before Yaya did score with a sweet low shot.The final goal came from Silva finishing off a Mario pass.That was about it and a shorter session than usual.Some went in,some had shooting practice and some just sat around and watched.

It was the regulars for the shooting practice and today I think the keepers came off 2nd best.AJ and Mario seemed especially on fire.No doubt at all that AJ has serious shooting ability, a very powerful shot when he gets it right.Kolarov also scoring some good ones,Nigel a few too so he could get his dance out at least once.The one not as good as usual was Milner who more often than not is a very good finisher.Typical of the man he was giving himself some stick for some of his efforts.

TONIGHTS MuEN AND SSN STORY
Is it any wonder that Manchester City's season has collapsed like a deck of cards? It shows massive disrespect to their owner, who has pumped billions on this overpaid irresponsible rabble. It shows disrespect to their fans, who have recently made a huge effort to extricate themselves from woodwork and it shows massive disrespect to the game of football itself.
Laughing instead of training, Drinking heavily, during what should have been a hard working session to get into prime condition for the visit of Sunderland, grown men playing childish games of tag and even one World Cup finalist dancing, having been drinking not many minutes before.
Can you imagine this happening just over the fields of Carrington at the League Leader's training complex? Would this slapdash attitude be tolerated there? is it any wonder that City's neighbours are currently running way with the Premier League and on their way to a 20th title, almost unopposed? To allow such goings on confirms that Mr Mancini has lost the dressing room and his players are out of control....Unless Mancini is sacked, it is a recipe for decline and relegation.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:01 pm

john68 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Back to normal with the weather as I arrived ar Carrington to be greeted by James Cooper in the car park just after the press conference. I asked him what "target" SSN had for today as their cameras were there and he gave me a strange look.

TONIGHTS MuEN AND SSN STORY
Is it any wonder that Manchester City's season has collapsed like a deck of cards? It shows massive disrespect to their owner, who has pumped billions on this overpaid irresponsible rabble. It shows disrespect to their fans, who have recently made a huge effort to extricate themselves from woodwork and it shows massive disrespect to the game of football itself.
Laughing instead of training, Drinking heavily, during what should have been a hard working session to get into prime condition for the visit of Sunderland, grown men playing childish games of tag and even one World Cup finalist dancing, having been drinking not many minutes before.
Can you imagine this happening just over the fields of Carrington at the League Leader's training complex? Would this slapdash attitude be tolerated there? is it any wonder that City's neighbours are currently running way with the Premier League and on their way to a 20th title, almost unopposed? To allow such goings on confirms that Mr Mancini has lost the dressing room and his players are out of control....Unless Mancini is sacked, it is a recipe for decline and relegation.

Quality John,you really could write for the rag newspapers.Glad to know you read the reports so closely :)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:27 pm

dazby wrote:Doug I'll try again in this thread. Brian Kidd, what does he actually do?

haha sorry I left that in the other thread as I thought you weren't being serious.Lets face it that's the norm?

I see plenty of Brian moving around all the players at training.He's a very positive bloke and likes to meet and greet when they come out,have little chats probably motivational words.I hear that he is great in the changing rooms in this sort of way as well on matchdays. During the sessions whether they are football games or just simple exercises he can be very vocal to give encouragement/praise where it's due.Sometimes is involved as a ref (usually that's given to Lombardo) or maybe linesman.

He does run a few simple things and helps set up stuff pre training as does Platt but when there is real on the field type coaching to be done it's Mancini who does it and the rest are on the sidelines.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Thanks Doug.

John68, you missed your true calling in life mate.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:21 pm

I think I left it that Joleon had been involved in the full session.He was up to the final game but didn't take part in that.

That's still a very positive step in the right direction for me considering the injury he had.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:05 pm

Seems I left just before Mario had a penalty saved by Joe.On the latest Inside City film.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dazby » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:17 pm

dazby wrote:Doug I'll try again in this thread. Brian Kidd, what does he actually do?

haha sorry I left that in the other thread as I thought you weren't being serious.Lets face it that's the norm?

I see plenty of Brian moving around all the players at training.He's a very positive bloke and likes to meet and greet when they come out,have little chats probably motivational words.I hear that he is great in the changing rooms in this sort of way as well on matchdays. During the sessions whether they are football games or just simple exercises he can be very vocal to give encouragement/praise where it's due.Sometimes is involved as a ref (usually that's given to Lombardo) or maybe linesman.

He does run a few simple things and helps set up stuff pre training as does Platt but when there is real on the field type coaching to be done it's Mancini who does it and the rest are on the sidelines.

Cheers Doug. Just taking this further, do the players see him as a mate or an authority figure? And in what way do you think Mancio uses him? ie tactically, motivationally, organisationally etc
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby halnone » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:47 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Seems I left just before Mario had a penalty saved by Joe.On the latest Inside City film.

Never seen Mario miss a penalty before...
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby halnone » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:48 pm

halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:44 am

dazby wrote:

Cheers Doug. Just taking this further, do the players see him as a mate or an authority figure? And in what way do you think Mancio uses him? ie tactically, motivationally, organisationally etc

Hard to say.He has been there and done it at two levels so it would be reasonable to think the players have belief in what he says.No doubt at all he will be a motivational figure but how much he input on tactics and team organisation I cant tell especially as much of that would be behind the scenes. I see what you see on match days where it would seem Platt has a bigger influence but there are also times when Kidd is seen giving input.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dazby » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm interested as to how much tactical influence Kiddo has on the team. I would expect that Platty would be singing from Mancio's hymn sheet so for a contrary view it would be up to Kiddo.

I just want one of them to get the side going back to getting wide and putting in low crosses behind the defensive line. They were very successful for us early season but we don't seem to be doing it any more. Hopefully today....
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:57 pm

On today's performance, DH is clearly just making these reports up. These players don't train together and there was definitely no tactical master plan.

I reckon they all just turn up at Carrington, have a laugh playing FIFA for City TV and then go home. DH is obviously on the payroll as part of the cover up to make the fans believe that something is happening.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:On today's performance, DH is clearly just making these reports up. These players don't train together and there was definitely no tactical master plan.

I reckon they all just turn up at Carrington, have a laugh playing FIFA for City TV and then go home. DH is obviously on the payroll as part of the cover up to make the fans believe that something is happening.

I am not surprised you would think that after today. Strange that yesterday Mario put in a really good session and in the game was probably as good as I have ever seen him in training.After 5 minutes today I said he was in the wrong mood and it looked to me like a different person had turned up.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:15 pm

I am not surprised you would think that after today. Strange that yesterday Mario put in a really good session and in the game was probably as good as I have ever seen him in training.After 5 minutes today I said he was in the wrong mood and it looked to me like a different person had turned up.

That's what wrong with him and Dzeko - within 5 minutes you know whether it's their game or not. Even on an off day form wise, you should be getting all the effort. How many times do they leave the field after 90 minutes and could still play another 90? Unless we're cruising, the players should have to be carried off at the end
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to Training Reports