Training Monday 9/4

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Re: Training Monday 9/4

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I am sure Mario's performances on and off the pitch will not have gone down well with Khaldoon and the owners.To a degree they may be just about satisfied that we have made progress as we are likely to beat last years points performance by 10+ points although unfortunately we failed in all 4 cup comps we were in. But ,whilst our owners want title winning success,I also think they want things doing in the right way and I doubt they will see what Mario is doing as "the right way"

I think you are spot on about the owners mate, they are promoting their country and the I think the trials and tribulations of Mario will not be looked on favourably.

When you say the players were angry about decisions against them, what exactly do you mean - on the pitch yesterday?

No I was referring to what I saw in training today. Yesterday there was some reaction and anger at decisons the ref made as there always is but nothing out of the ordinary apart from maybe Yaya who really is having a difficult time accepting what's going on.Some of that is the referees and some of it his team! And of course we saw Vinnie and Joe leaving the pitch and they seemed at boiling point to me.

But when I went to training today I wasnt sure what to expect.I sort of knew the players from the Arse game wouldnt be outside working and that was the case.All the cars were there so I assume they were all inside doing whatever (Mario's car not where it usually is and maybe not there at all).So I watched the rest of the players in the end game and there wasnt much difference to what I see most days. A competitive game but then when a decision or two went against a couple of players their reaction just seemed to me to be a little stronger and more OTT than usual.

Maybe I am getting it wrong but I felt there may have been something hanging around from yesterday,a real frustration that was still in the minds and it spilled out a bit. Nothing happened bar the shouting.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby spiny » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
spiny wrote:Khaldoon now takes a low profile but was at the Arsenal match. I understand he always has a post match exchange with Mancini. The City performance and especially Mario's would not go down well with our owners. I get the feeling Roberto was given instructions about what to do and say next, publicly and privately. What do you think Doug?

I don't know anything more than the rest of you about how our owners are viewing things.BlueMoon have a poster who says Mourinho is a done deal but there are others who believe Mancini will be with us for another year.

I don't think Roberto is the sort of guy who is told what to do and say and accepts that.He is a very strong character who does what he wants and thinks is right.To that extent he has put massive faith in Mario and has been let down.

I am sure Mario's performances on and off the pitch will not have gone down well with Khaldoon and the owners.To a degree they may be just about satisfied that we have made progress as we are likely to beat last years points performance by 10+ points although unfortunately we failed in all 4 cup comps we were in. But ,whilst our owners want title winning success,I also think they want things doing in the right way and I doubt they will see what Mario is doing as "the right way"

That's how I see it. But I would add Khaldoon and Roberto seem to share values so will never be far apart. If they ever were they would not be together for the reasons you state.
spiny
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I am sure Mario's performances on and off the pitch will not have gone down well with Khaldoon and the owners.To a degree they may be just about satisfied that we have made progress as we are likely to beat last years points performance by 10+ points although unfortunately we failed in all 4 cup comps we were in. But ,whilst our owners want title winning success,I also think they want things doing in the right way and I doubt they will see what Mario is doing as "the right way"

I think you are spot on about the owners mate, they are promoting their country and the I think the trials and tribulations of Mario will not be looked on favourably.

When you say the players were angry about decisions against them, what exactly do you mean - on the pitch yesterday?

No I was referring to what I saw in training today. Yesterday there was some reaction and anger at decisons the ref made as there always is but nothing out of the ordinary apart from maybe Yaya who really is having a difficult time accepting what's going on.Some of that is the referees and some of it his team! And of course we saw Vinnie and Joe leaving the pitch and they seemed at boiling point to me.

But when I went to training today I wasnt sure what to expect.I sort of knew the players from the Arse game wouldnt be outside working and that was the case.All the cars were there so I assume they were all inside doing whatever (Mario's car not where it usually is and maybe not there at all).So I watched the rest of the players in the end game and there wasnt much difference to what I see most days. A competitive game but then when a decision or two went against a couple of players their reaction just seemed to me to be a little stronger and more OTT than usual.

Maybe I am getting it wrong but I felt there may have been something hanging around from yesterday,a real frustration that was still in the minds and it spilled out a bit. Nothing happened bar the shouting.

Most understandable really. Some of those players would've been thinking that if they were out there that they'd have given more and possibly kept the title push going. As it is, 8 points is not unassaileable but it is a big ask, and not from our players now.

Who was actually there mate, Nige, Dzeko etc?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:18 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:thats what gets me, why bring players in when they have just played a game and with a game on wednesday, just train 2morra instead ffs,

Hopefully to debrief them on yesterday's fiasco and point out where they all went wrong (or occasionally right)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:55 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Most understandable really. Some of those players would've been thinking that if they were out there that they'd have given more and possibly kept the title push going. As it is, 8 points is not unassaileable but it is a big ask, and not from our players now.

Who was actually there mate, Nige, Dzeko etc?

Nigel,Edin,AJ,Silva,Pizarro,Kolarov,Tevez,Kolo,Trialist,Micah,Savic. Silva and Pizarro didnt play in the game.

I did wander to wacth the EDS lads but nothing of note to report there apart from Razak being back.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Cheers Doug, I wonder who this unknown trialist is?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunnylad » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:33 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:All the cars were there so I assume they were all inside doing whatever (Mario's car not where it usually is and maybe not there at all).

Presumably Mario was hidden in the boat of Tevez's car such are his 'antics'!
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby ant london » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers Doug, I wonder who this unknown trialist is?

a Brazilian...so he can fuck off

as can Italians

and potentially some Argies
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:51 pm

Although I only saw a few minutes I wouldnt be expecting to see him long term.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:52 pm

ant london wrote:

as can Italians

I am just getting a feeling there is a depression settled over Cairo!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:54 pm

Although I only saw a few minutes I wouldnt be expecting to see him long term.

Did he have his pram & toys with him, ready for action ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ant london » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:14 pm

ant london wrote:

as can Italians

I am just getting a feeling there is a depression settled over Cairo!

It's more a barely contained fury if I'm honest. I'm just looking forward to be able to vent my feelings at the Etihad in two days time. I have a lot of venting to do
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Biamp » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:01 pm

Cheers Doug, tomorrow will be a good one indeed. At less to get the first impression after Sunday's defeat.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby bluebananamilksheikh » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:03 pm

ant london wrote:

as can Italians

What about our Balkan contingent?
bluebananamilksheikh
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Champ1-6ns 12
My favourite player is: Richard Wright

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:17 am

Are you at training today Doug?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to Training Reports