Training Monday 9/4

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Monday 9/4

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:49 am

In early today at 10.Yesterday's team did their warm down stuff inside and the rest went through much of the normal routine.I couldnt tell if everyone was actually there but Mario's car certainly wasnt where it normally gets parked!

Still a bit down after yesterday to post much of anything that happened although I think there was some anger out there. Decisions going against players are never taken easily but one or two did react really strongly.Silva sat out the game so not fully ready but I expect will be ok for Wednesday. The group included a Brazillian triallist.Will see better tomorrow how they react and what the mood is.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Monday 9/4

Postby stevefromdonny » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:52 am

thats what gets me, why bring players in when they have just played a game and with a game on wednesday, just train 2morra instead ffs,
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:54 am

Doug,

Any word on Yaya's injury?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:12 am

Cheers Doug, can't fault you.

If the players show your dedication to the cause, we may at least end the season in style.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:12 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Doug,

I did ask but all I got back was a grimace.I heard that when they got back to Manchester he was on crutches so ,if true ,it doesnt sound good at all.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:15 am

stevefromdonny wrote:thats what gets me, why bring players in when they have just played a game and with a game on wednesday, just train 2morra instead ffs,

It's 100% normal,for any club I would expect,that they would go in the day after a game for a warm down (whatever that entails) and to get treatment for any little knocks they got. (big ones as well).Plus for me a team meeting to discuss what went wrong or right in the match and what next etc etc.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:16 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

I did ask but all I got back was a grimace.I heard that when they got back to Manchester he was on crutches so ,if true ,it doesnt sound good at all.

Thanks very much for that, mate.

A dreadful challenge, I thought. High, late and calculated.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:18 am

stevefromdonny wrote:thats what gets me, why bring players in when they have just played a game and with a game on wednesday, just train 2morra instead ffs,

It's 100% normal,for any club I would expect,that they would go in the day after a game for a warm down (whatever that entails) and to get treatment for any little knocks they got. (big ones as well).Plus for me a team meeting to discuss what went wrong or right in the match and what next etc etc.

Video analysis.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Grob » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:47 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:In early today at 10.Yesterday's team did their warm down stuff inside and the rest went through much of the normal routine.I couldnt tell if everyone was actually there but Mario's car certainly wasnt where it normally gets parked!

Still a bit down after yesterday to post much of anything that happened although I think there was some anger out there. Decisions going against players are never taken easily but one or two did react really strongly.Silva sat out the game so not fully ready but I expect will be ok for Wednesday. The group included a Brazillian triallist.Will see better tomorrow how they react and what the mood is.

2 positives from that

Could be that Mario has been told to stay away which isnt a bad thing. Hopefully thats for good.

Im glad to see some anger over yesterday, maybe this will finally fire up the players, and just as importantly, the management.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:51 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Really awful.

Because he did it with his knee rather than studs, it somehow counts as being less criminal. It was calculated & probably the reason Balotelli ridiculously did what he did.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:13 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Really awful.

Because he did it with his knee rather than studs, it somehow counts as being less criminal. It was calculated & probably the reason Balotelli ridiculously did what he did.

I didn't see it as particlarly nasty but it was calculated and intentional. Just as Yaya's was when he pulled the guy back to stop him getting away .But it's just another situation where the referee doesnt read or understand the game properly. Maybe Song disguised his obvious intent whereas Yaya didn't.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:26 pm

Doug, I've been thinking there's only one motivational ploy left to Mancini he hasn't used. "Every day Doug a e wrighta about ze greata spirit in ze campa, the managers a planning, ze great goals that Nige e scora.....listen you idle bunch of non trying coontsa, for fecka's sake...STOP LETTING DOUG DOWN"
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:30 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Doug, I've been thinking there's only one motivational ploy left to Mancini he hasn't used. "Every day Doug a e wrighta about ze greata spirit in ze campa, the managers a planning, ze great goals that Nige e scora.....listen you idle bunch of non trying coontsa, for fecka's sake...STOP LETTING DOUG DOWN"

You are close to correct but shouldn't it be "stop letting the fans down"
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:36 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Really awful.

As I said in the match thread, I can't knock Balotelli for that particular one because I would have done the little bastard as well. The rest yes, but not that.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:39 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Really awful.

As I said in the match thread, I can't knock Balotelli for that particular one because I would have done the little bastard as well. The rest yes, but not that.

So you would put a little bit of revenge before the team? The ref made a mistake and the way to react is do something to get sent off.... I don't think so.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby spiny » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:04 pm

Khaldoon now takes a low profile but was at the Arsenal match. I understand he always has a post match exchange with Mancini. The City performance and especially Mario's would not go down well with our owners. I get the feeling Roberto was given instructions about what to do and say next, publicly and privately. What do you think Doug?
spiny
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:19 pm

spiny wrote:Khaldoon now takes a low profile but was at the Arsenal match. I understand he always has a post match exchange with Mancini. The City performance and especially Mario's would not go down well with our owners. I get the feeling Roberto was given instructions about what to do and say next, publicly and privately. What do you think Doug?

I don't know anything more than the rest of you about how our owners are viewing things.BlueMoon have a poster who says Mourinho is a done deal but there are others who believe Mancini will be with us for another year.

I don't think Roberto is the sort of guy who is told what to do and say and accepts that.He is a very strong character who does what he wants and thinks is right.To that extent he has put massive faith in Mario and has been let down.

I am sure Mario's performances on and off the pitch will not have gone down well with Khaldoon and the owners.To a degree they may be just about satisfied that we have made progress as we are likely to beat last years points performance by 10+ points although unfortunately we failed in all 4 cup comps we were in. But ,whilst our owners want title winning success,I also think they want things doing in the right way and I doubt they will see what Mario is doing as "the right way"
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:19 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:As I said in the match thread, I can't knock Balotelli for that particular one because I would have done the little bastard as well. The rest yes, but not that.

So you would put a little bit of revenge before the team? The ref made a mistake and the way to react is do something to get sent off.... I don't think so.

Everyone is different.

I will say that he should have been a bit more subtle about it and maybe bided his time as well.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:As I said in the match thread, I can't knock Balotelli for that particular one because I would have done the little bastard as well. The rest yes, but not that.

Everyone is different.

I will say that he should have been a bit more subtle about it and maybe bided his time as well.

hahaha you are not wrong there but I don't think subtelty is part of Mario's make up.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I am sure Mario's performances on and off the pitch will not have gone down well with Khaldoon and the owners.To a degree they may be just about satisfied that we have made progress as we are likely to beat last years points performance by 10+ points although unfortunately we failed in all 4 cup comps we were in. But ,whilst our owners want title winning success,I also think they want things doing in the right way and I doubt they will see what Mario is doing as "the right way"

I think you are spot on about the owners mate, they are promoting their country and the I think the trials and tribulations of Mario will not be looked on favourably.

When you say the players were angry about decisions against them, what exactly do you mean - on the pitch yesterday?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Next

Return to Training Reports