Training Friday 20/4

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Re: Training Friday 20/4

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If it is a permanent ban, I'm pretty sure it will be down to Bob wanting complete privacy rather than because of any comments. If they allow one person in then it leaves the possibility of Mario bringing his mates, ex players, etc etc.
If I was manager of the club, no fucker would get near the place whilst we were training, unless I declared it an open session.

I would be exaclty the same and that goes for anyone other than training coaches,medics and players...I would not allow anyone else in...its just madness looking at tactics , set ups etc that could be leaked into the media.
Unlucky for Doug as we all enjoy the reports but it really is an intelligent decision by Mancini.

No problem with the thrust of that Carl but just 2 responses. First to my knowledge (and I think to City as well) there has never been a leak of tactics or set ups and second if they were to stop anyone going in to watch why would there always be between 2 and 10 people in there everyday even now when I am excluded.
I would have thought a simple explanation to Doug would be common courtesy - most disappointing treatment of a steadfast ally.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby dazby » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:09 am

Two ways to look at this. Firstly, I agree with most on here that if I was manager the sessions would be closed. However, given the current situation and facility, Doug has been fantastic in quashing rumours of training bust ups and the like. For as long as we train at Carrington, both we and the club need Doug to keep everything in order and share the truth.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:38 am

dazby wrote:Two ways to look at this. Firstly, I agree with most on here that if I was manager the sessions would be closed. However, given the current situation and facility, Doug has been fantastic in quashing rumours of training bust ups and the like. For as long as we train at Carrington, both we and the club need Doug to keep everything in order and share the truth.

Doug has been nothing but good for the club. If anyone is allowed in, he should be first on the list.

Personally I wouldn't allow anyone into training sessions, as I said, but if people are still getting in, it's pretty certain that these various other Tom Dick & Harrys will be far more of a security threat than Doug, who has been an absolute shining example of discretion.

City have nothing to be proud of here.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:41 am

i think training is for pussies. Just show up on game day and smash their back doors in like they prollee did 40 years ago. Have some drinks the night before for good measure, and immediately after as well to either celebrate or drown your sorrows.

Pffffft. Training. Please.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john68 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:22 am

DoomMerchant wrote:i think training is for pussies. Just show up on game day and smash their back doors in like they prollee did 40 years ago. Have some drinks the night before for good measure, and immediately after as well to either celebrate or drown your sorrows.

Pffffft. Training. Please.

cheers

Utter...utter....utter utter...bollox....Training is vitally important.

Without training, how would you have learned:
How to stand quietly, without moving or fidgeting, in a store, whilst your missus chooses which pair of shoes will cause her the most immediate and excruciating pain to wear?
That $50 per day is insufficient for the social needs of a prepubescent daughter.
That it is entirely natural for an older woman to scream and rave about some member of a boy band but should you glance for a nano second at a pair of female legs, you are a perv.
To nod, smile and say "Yes Dear" as she rapes, loots and pillages your hard earned bank account, whilst the total at the bottom of your bank statement whirls round dervishlike, beyond zero to a huge total prefixed with a minus sign.

C'mon Doomie, you know the value of good training. You've been there mate.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Previous

Return to Training Reports